Sneaky zombie kills

In 3.0, if you go up to a zombie and whack it, it’ll notice you and become hostile, without alerting other zombies.

I think in UII, alerting a zombie of your presence would notify other zombies from the sound they make, so there should be a sneaky way of killing zombies without the zombie making a sound, and not requiring a gun (if you one hit kill a zombie with a silenced gun, it would not alert nearby zombies).

If you have a knife or other sharp melee weapon, you should be able to sneak up behind zombies and slit their throat, which would kill the zombie without making a sound, and thus not alerting nearby zombies.

Perhaps this ability would require you to max out a pre-existing sneak skill to be able to sneak up behind the zombie close enough to cut its throat without it noticing, or be a special skill in itself.

13 Likes

I agree with the idea, I believe that zombies must be noisy things that attract more zombies, thus allowing the formation of hordes. Now, I see a problem, it will be almost impossible for beginning players, still unarmed, who need to try to sneak into a city to try to collect some resources, so I still don’t have a well-defined position.

2 Likes

I don’t know how hard it would to make an animation for a behind the back stealth kill or take down, but it would be awesome. Also I think doing this to players would cool too.

I have been playing the new cod war-zone and my favorite thing is sneaking up behind players and stealth killing them.

But some kind of take down with your hands or melee weapon would be awesome. Maybe it would even pan into third person for a little cinematic take down, that would be really rewarding.

3 Likes

Entire prospect of a new skill for stealth isn’t really too intruiging because it takes away from the player’s actual skill of crouching behind a zombie and killing it with a melee weapon.
I wouldn’t say we need this sort of cinematic takedown or extra stealth skill because it just waters down what’s already in the gameplay.

3 Likes

I don’t mean like a special cutscene cinematic quicktime event thing, I just mean you could come up behind it and kill it that way, wothout attracting zombies.

1 Like

Well, you could just sneak past the zombies, or manually kill a few that become attracted once you kill a zombie close to them. The sneak kill could be useful when you only want to kill individual zombies sneakily.

1 Like

I think I understand, I just got a little back, because of that part here.

I didn’t quite understand if the player should have a skill (skill in the game) or be skilled (with the controls in real life), so I was a little bit confused :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

maybe even being able to suffocate them if you have cloth on you?

2 Likes

no

4 Likes

I think that’s the idea, Going into a small farm or something before cities, Maybe if you could throw cans and even flares atm to attract zombies too it’d be better

3 Likes

zombies don’t need blood so slitting it’s throat wouldn’t do anything, i think just stabbing it in the skull would make more sense/be cooler. up the back or chin would be cool too.

1 Like

how do you know they don’t? there is blood when you kill them, if they didn’t need blood then there wouldn’t be liquid blood.

2 Likes

That’s not true, We don’t need an appendix, Yet we got one, The same with zombies, They only need the brain but they have the rest of the body, Personally I think zombies should need headshots, Because no one kills them by stabbing them in their foot anyway

1 Like

But how do you know they don’t need the blood in their body? does it even say that anywhere in the lore

1 Like

No, But it doesn’t mention they need it or don’t need it, All there is that I can remember is something about big J and berry pies and a ufo stealing our grass or something

1 Like

that’s just the useless leftover red stuff from their host body, they don’t need it

i generally see any zombie as the basic zombie lore type parasite that infects the brain and augments physical capabilities. almost anywhere with zombies (walking dead, resident evil, etc) agrees that they don’t need to breath and they don’t need blood and the virus/parasite seeks only to find a new host to use as a vessel to multiply with.

1 Like

thats just using tropes from other games/media assuming that UII will use that as well. I think it would be a lot cooler if zombies could bleed out similar to players.

1 Like

I just imagine it to be a quick animation, in which you ram the knife in the zombie’s throat one or two times quickly, after which the zombie would fall on the ground. Maybe you could do a takedown with other melee weapons as well. Like with a baseball bat. One hard swing on it’s head. It would be louder than id you were up to killing it with a knife, but quicker. :thinking:

4 Likes

That’s idea ain’t bad

3 Likes

It’s a good idea but the game is still PG xD, I agree zombies need to be slower kills because being able just to chainsaw all of them is a piss and kinda dumb

1 Like