Softcore Parkour

I know people have already suggested parlour, and its been unpopular, but I think that’s because they’ve been too ambitious, so I’ve tried to think of a way that some parkour elements could be added without being too over the top.

• Have better climbing animations than in 3.X to match the pretty ones for general movement.
  • Be able to have weapons equipped while climbing, either with the same nerfs as dual wielding (swimming and driving might also give the same nerfs as well) or not being able to fire the weapon until they finish climbing (in which case it would just keep the player from needing to reequip the weapon every time they climb a ladder)
  • Have more climbable objects than in 3.X, like having chain link fences be climbable.
  • Add vaulting
    – While sprinting it would be an animation where the player lifts themself over and across small obstacles
    – Otherwise it would be an animation where the player lifts themself up and onto nearby ledges.
    – Obviously the player wouldn’t be able to lift themself over tall objects, unless they’re already near the top.
  • Add scrambling (using arms and legs to climb up steep but not vertical surfaces.)
    – On steep surfaces, (how steep might vary by material, shoes, and weather) the player would slide down the surface, and could only get up by sprinting.
    – Sprinting up steep slopes would have the player do a scrambling animation, which would appear different than sprinting on flat ground.
    I’m not saying all of these (or none of them) should be added to 4.X, but this seems like the best way for them to be added.
2 Likes

Honestly there’s nothing wrong with parkour if it’s done reasonably.

I’m fine with people being able to slowly climb over chainlink fences and vaulting over low stuff like sandbags.
Being able to use a two handed weapon on a ladder however…is kinda dodgy.

1 Like

I never said that. Did you assume we will be able to dual wield them as well?

Yay let’s add Titanfall motion to a zombie survival game. This is going to be epic.

I love it.

Notice how the thread is called “Softcore Parkour”.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more advanced, dynamic movement for sure!

Just nothing crazy or over the top, of course.

can’t tell if joking or serious

Well, it’s not really something new. But of course, we need better animations in almost everything our cgaracter does

If this was added, i hope you’d only use one-handed weapons as well as slower climbing speed alongside bad hipfire accuracy (and unable to ADS) making this mechanic used only if it was the last resort.

We already have chain link fences in 3.x. but having them climbable is the difference, and yeah, i agree with this as well.

Many people have suggested this and as far as i’ve seen, i don’t think anyone dislikes it because it’s a fun little mechanic that gives these “gotta go fast” feels as long as the barricade you’re jumping over isn’t more than half your height

Spiderman? No thanks. If the surface is too steep, you slide down just like 3.x and yeah, it also depends on the surface, the weather, and the shoes you’re weaing

I think something along the lines of Arma 3 Advanced Movment could work. Allows you to vault small obstackes, climb ledges, drop of ledges, the likes.

In Arma you cannot use your weapon while you are in the animation, and that makes sense since the barrel is missaligned anyway, so I reckon it would make sense to more or less carbon copy that into 4.0.

1 Like

It was meant as a joke, and wall running will never be added, but it would still be awesome.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.