Specialized "Economy"

I’m not sure what you mean.

When I said skins are crafting based, the only difference is how the skin is actually applied.

Unturned: skin is in your Steam inventory, and it shows when the gun is in your hands only, and not when dropped or given to another player

Rust: skin is in your Steam inventory, and it shows on the gun when you select that gun in the crafting menu to make it. The skin stays on the gun itself and can be passed to other players as well as dropped on the ground with that skin still in effect.

1 Like

Honestly, I see no reason to debate this SO harshly.

Nelson said there wasn’t going to be tradeable cosmetics or so; no microtransactions. However, cosmetics can still be workshop mods stuff.

Official simple ingame cosmetics? I can agree with that, wether found or crafted.

Now, is this whole thing because of what? I’m really lazy of seeing the rest of replies at this point right now.

They’re not useless for the reasons stated in this thread.

Yes, the debate is in fact about the non-economy cosmetic system. Think Rocket League or BrainOut.

Nelson also responded to this thread saying he’ll consider what we’ve said, so I’d advise actually reading through.

I’ve also done a decent job of summarizing my take on the debate as it has progressed.

This debate needs to be intense because it will be very important in the future, but also, because Nelson has acknowledged that this will have a possibility of consideration for the game.

But skins like those are the minority. The important thing is that they actually fit with the game’s theme, unlike the ones in 3.0 where it was just crazy.

Also, the best part is that there aren’t any cosmetic items. If skins were to be added to 4.0, I would like it to be like Rust because the only things it changes are the colors and patterns, nothing that actually looks different than the actual item.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.