Storage Buildables rework / Vehicles storage

When you go looting, since some time ago, you can now open fridges, counters, ovens and wardrobes, among other stuff, to find your loot inside of these, rather than spreaded around the mentioned objects.

But, did it never bothered you that it didn’t work that way for craft-made/owned storage buildables? Well, it seemed goofy to me that you can examine, take and store the items on your wardrobes, lockers and crates (etc.) without even opening them.

So my suggestion is to be able to open the mentioned storages to see the content in it just like at regular counters or wardrobes on houses when you press ‘F’ key. Like this, you just would have to select the item you want to take by just looking at it, or if you want to store on an empty space, press ‘F’ on it to open the interface and arrange the items at the classic current manner, but still with the doors open and the content exposed. To close the storage, just press ‘F’ key at the door (also it would be neat if it auto-closes if you walk away 2m or further).

In summary, I suggest for regular storages to work just like rifle racks, plaques and trophy cases, but with the ability of opening or closing the lids or doors whether or not using it.

For more protective storages, like crates or lockers, the door shouldn’t be wide open (lid in case of the crates), so it will just open like 1/2 or 1/3 of its opening angle, so that it doesn’t exhibit its contents that much, except for the player standing in front of it.

But if still the concern remains, maybe this feature can be tweaked so that only friends that are in your same group are able to see the content of your storages when you open them.

Another suggestion is to enable using storages in vehicles by default, like car’s trunks or pickup’s boot (also cargo trucks would have a real good use), in order to not mounting crates atop cars to have a functioning mobile storage.

Thanx for reading my suggestions! Please leave your feedback below!

• This is much better than the current storage mechanics
  • I like it, but I’d like to add… (comment)
  • Just add the storage opening animation
  • It works fine like it is right now
  • I’d better suggest… (comment)
0 voters

So if this were implemented would all storage function like 3.X rifle racks, just with all the items displayed and the ability to be closed? Or would there be a bunch of loose items in the containers? Either way I foresee problems.

Now that you sat it like that, I could use these terms to shorten the explanation a lot, LOL.

Actually yes. I’d like buildable (not default object ones) storages to function just like rifle racks; displaying the items inside of them, being able to open and close the doors or lids, and at the same time be able to organize and show these as you wish.

QUICKLY EDITING THE WHOLE POST…!!

Please could you explain which are these problems you foresee?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.