Submarines

-Pedal Submarine: uses a lot of body energy can not go too deep.

ZXTY_100902143801_subma226

Scientific Submarine: Found on marine scientific bases can go anywhere pick up anything, equipped with lanterns use gasoline and need to be refilled with oxygen (like all submarines in this post).

Military submarine: very large found in marine bases need a lot of gasoline and oxygen go to any depth supports a large crew, can be equipped with missiles, also thought to take advantage of the large size of the military submarine to do bases inside it put chests beds among others things like that would be the first underwater mobile base, I do not know if it would be too OP but I think programming something like that would not hurt optimization in any way.

39283_resize_620_380_true_false_null

To use some submarines lara to approach an underwater base without being seen, and also we will have marine fauna and although the unturned Be a survival game would be fun to catch a submarine and go out looking at the marine animals, also would help in naval PVP, still inside the theme pvp is much safer to go by the water Where nobody can have to see than by car Where you are vulnerable to attacks, of course the cars are VERY useful in a different way because it is with him that you enter cities, reaches places where you do not have water and so on.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t see these become anything useful unless there’s a map with at-least 50% of it being underwater.

9 Likes

To use some submarines lara to approach an underwater base without being seen, and also we will have marine fauna and although the unturned Be a survival game would be fun to catch a submarine and go out looking at the marine animals, also would help in naval PVP, still inside the theme pvp is much safer to go by the water Where nobody can have to see than by car Where you are vulnerable to attacks, of course the cars are VERY useful in a different way because it is with him that you enter cities, reaches places where you do not have water and so on.

I honestly think that it’s the opposite. Both on the surface and underwater.

I do agreed that having something underwater is surely better than what we currently have, however. I’m not convinced that a submarine is necessary to admire that.

A boat and a jetski is enough imo. Like that james bond movie.

1 Like

@anon36099209 ven if it is faster if a sniper sees you, you will be vulnerable, in a submarine the glass will protect you from the first bullets giving time to escape.

Oh yeah speaking of that.

Unturned’s vehicles don’t have glasses windows.

We are talking about the unturned II here, Nelson said in devlog 15 that we will have glasses in cars ie I do not see the reason not to have in submarines as well.

1 Like

I don’t have time to re-watch that specific devlog. But I’ll just take your word for it. (Doubt it.)

Like the passenger jet’s case for the “military submarine” the fuel management would be a nightmare if we’re talking about realism.

The science submarine’s grabbing stuffs underwater is not that much of a big deal. Considered that we wouldn’t have a map based on atlantis.

Overalls. I think improving on diving would make at least more senses than this. But I could be wrong. Afteralls. It shouldn’t be PVP focused~

2 Likes

As well as already said is not only left in pvp and then the submarine grab things under the water makes sense the gps also do not show water bottles in cities, how much my word can doubt as much as you want read the devlog and watch the video and take your videos scientific submarines may use more or less the same amount of fuel as a car as military submarines, they do consume enough fuel when they are on the move but it is not a touring vehicle or exploration, it is a battle equipment and can also serve as a 100% of my suggestions are adhered to.

1 Like

An average car is about 4.7 m (15.4 ft) long, 1.7 m (5.6 ft) wide, 2 m (6.6 ft) high.

that scientific submarine (also called Deep-submergence vehicle or in this case “ICTINUE3”, used in deep sea exploration. In-which unturned clearly lacks of.) actually uses battery instead of fuel.

The military submarine (that you’re using as an example. Poor guys, went missing for ages.) is 81.05 m (265.9 ft) long, 11.68 m (38.3 ft) “wide” (It’s called beam in this case.) and with unknown height, (Probably 10 m. I’m no engineer.)

Now you tell me if they’d use the same amount of fuel, and would it had the same fuel efficiency.

1 Like

As the old saying goes “realism by realism is bad” we are talking about a game and looking for a balance between reality and fiction, the time you spent researching to write this answer could have used to review the devlog 15, images up only examples modifications will probably be made.

You know I cannot listen to those cute sounds while secretly robbing a grave. /s

Anyhow. The fact that you’ve asked for a feature that’s basically useless for “most” of the map layouts. I’ve stated that “It would’ve been useless.” That’s the main point. Most of the maps we likely gonna get are based on land. You know, dry no-so-wet land?

And I explained it to you on why I don’t like it, but you pull out the “wise word” instead of saying why my statement is wrong.

Oh and, the “grabbing things underwater” can be considered as “realism for the sake of realism.”

Grabbing things underwater can be very useful in both NPC missions and catching the backpack of a dead player, even most of the maps we’ll have are dry and with a large territory from land to sea that involve important points like cities and bases military, small submarines are safer than boats even though they are slower, just because the unturned II will have more focus on the PVE does not mean that we should take everything that pvp benefits in some way and throw in the trash, military submarines being too large or not are also very useful both to blow up an APC that is going over or attacking marine bases, plus we will also have maps of regions with more beaches like hawaii, do you think submarines are very useless for most maps? no unturned 3.x Where many watercraft and planes that can stand in the water are only found on maps with more beaches like Hawaii or Australia.qq

If this goes through, I’d only want to see scientific submarines.

The pedal submarines are so scarce in the real world that they’d be virtually impossible to find in Unturned II in terms of rarity, even ignoring geographical location. Military submarines are vastly over the top, as they not only require a crew to operate but huge amounts of fuel, much like airliners which I also disapprove of.

This just seems like yet another PvP-centric suggestion we don’t need, the only thing that might fit is the scientific submarine as it is slightly more common IRL and used for undersea exploration, which would be well suited to UII.

Also, of all the applications, why on Earth would blowing up an APC be the first to come to mind? That said, maps would need vast expanses of water for submarines to be viable whatsoever. Again, this seems incredibly niche and very impractical for UII.

6 Likes

Yes indeed but I think military submarines would continue to be useful even if they needed a whole team to control.

APC: amphibious vehicle.

Again, they take massive amounts of fuel and require huge space to manueuver.

At this rate even a literal freaking naval destroyer would be more viable to implement. The fact that you’re suggesting they be armed with missiles even really doesn’t help on the balance side of things.

Also I know what APC stands for, thank you very much :confused:

1 Like

Intense flashbacks of maxsim using his APC to escape brazilian mafias overseas.

1 Like

Well to solve the size problem making some modifications could be made, I was also thinking about being able to walk inside the submarine.

What do you mean by “modifications”?