Suggestions about GPS and charts

Like in real life, satellites finish to became obsolete and dont work well anymore.
My idea is that satellites would became obsolete after a while.
After a while of perfectly working satellite, problems will start to come.First, it would start with a connection problem happening like every hours, then, there would be more frequent satellite problems and at the end, if the survivor player a lot of time on the same map, satellites would stop working. They would simply fall on earth and no one could make sure that GPS work by sending rockets in space. The last option would be using chart. This idea would be for hard mod only and disableable.
For peoples, it may sound stupid but I really like hard survival and I think this idea could make survival harder.

About chart, the idea would simply to be able to draw on it using a pen or something like that…

-1 stuff shouldn’t lose value over time due to random events like satellites failing

That completely detracts from gameplay, no matter how realistic

3 Likes

-I was lost in an island
-Did you have your GPS?
-I did
-Then how did you get lost?
-The fucking satellite fell from the sky. Shit was scary

3 Likes

If this does get added at least let it fall into the map and nail a fuckin freshspawn or something /s

4 Likes

LiTeRaLlY UnPlAyAbLe

Satellites, wouldnt nessecary fall on the map, I guess, earth is huge so they could likely fall elsewhere than on your base at seattle
But the thing I want to say is simply that GPS would stop to work after some time
It could fall in the map like a airdrop with extremely valuable stuff like generators, scrap metal and many usefull stuff…
If it survive to the crash

Dude i know that you like hard survival but satelites are so expensive to make, so for that the satelites have a long lifetime, about 5 or 10 years.
1day in unturned 3x is 48 minutes that means that if the satelite would have 5 years of lifetime it will be unworkable in 1460 hours of gameplay.
And btw satelites fall back on earth, but it will take like so many years like about 50-75 to even reach the crashing altitude.
And my final answer : “A hell no, if you want some hard go play some long dark boi.”
resourses:

http://www.ques10.com/p/3070/short-note-on-lifetime-of-satellite-1/

I would like of this were to happen you could find some wreckage from the satellite that got destroyed and maybe download the last available image and modify a radio tower to send out your posistion plus you would be able to get electronics from the wreckage.

Well unturned is based quite a while after the infection plus people wouldnt be sending satellites up or more repairs during the spread of the infection as they would be trying to keep the infection out.

I think that it would that this is too much complex for a game like unturned it would be somethink like airdrop and we have that already. .-.

So not only do you think this should be added, you think a satellite without a heat shield or ablator moving at 3,000 meters per second would survive atmospheric re-entry, and then miraculously manage to survive the crash?

Yeah, no.

Don’t worry guys, it’s much easier than it sounds. The satellite would only get a broken leg. Just give it a splint and it’ll fly off on its own

5 Likes

the satellites wouldn’t even fall in the first place, they’re locked in orbit. The chance they would stop functioning is pretty slim as well.

Nah just give it an umbrella.

they are not stuck in orbit they actualy burn fuel, but you gut the right think, the fuel is like on 10 years. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.