Summer MapJam Winners + MapJam Community Poll

Link to the original post.

A month has passed, and all contestants had an extra week to keep on working.
At long, long last, the time has come! Apologies on the holdup, folks, but it’s finally time to see the results!
This was a tough nut to crack for the judges, as each map was well made and had something going for it.

ItalyArena_3

WhiterockBay_2

LaPerla_1

Congrats to all the contestants! Please shoot me a message on discord if you’ve won so that we can get your prize ready!

Community Vote Poll (CLOSED).
The community has voted on it’s favorite map, and the results are in!

CommunityVoteSummer2019

EDIT: Here’s a link to all the maps that were made for the MapJam this time around! (Click!)

Judges' thoughts of each winning map

/// La Perla
An incredibly nice looking map with lots of detail. The main idea of the map works well and isn’t a gimmick. Guns may be a higher poly than vanilla, but they don’t stick out, and they complement the map nicely. As for the layout, it’s well thought out and being able to spectate when you’re in the lobby is a nice touch.

/// Whiterock Bay
It may of not been updated, but it’s one hell of a good looking map. It’s essentially what would happen if you took what Unturned is all about and condensed it into a small sized map.

/// Italy Arena
When you take the plunge to work, you can come out a winner. For a first time mapmaker and modder, this is a very pleasant map to play. It has a well rounded arsenal that’s fun to use, and a simple layout that’s easy to remember and follow. With some more tweaking, there can be something truly special here.

32 Likes

This is epic :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Rip airport arena, because i slacked

3 Likes

Congrats boys!

7 Likes

what 11 1!!! this is so stupid how did dangoare na map not win!

19 Likes

Congrats to the winners

5 Likes

It was the only map to lose in Phase 1. :wink:

20 Likes

:belgium_ebr:

14 Likes

Gratz to all the winners!!! Was a lot of fun taking part, and we hope we’ll be able to participate in more of the future mapjams!!

10 Likes

good job guys!

4 Likes

congratulations everyone

5 Likes

Congratulations to the winners, and everyone who participated! :partying_face:

24 Likes

huh finally la perla won

1 Like

Damn, I must say the judges are a bunch of handsome individuals.

7 Likes

okay… this is epic

Gotta bump days old threads with that same reply all the time ?

1 Like

they did a great job

Badges have been distributed to participants with known forum accounts. If you did not receive a badge and should have, please reply or DM me through the SDG Forum.

EDIT: Adjudicators may also reply/DM.

In a tiny patch (no version number change) on Friday the trophy items have been added, and this post + winning maps have been linked from the main menu.

6 Likes