The best friend of the player

Dogs of different breeds with different breed-based abilities trees, ordinary dogs could be based on some common breed in most homes as a labrador, could go to a certain level of 3 different skill trees, to exemplify a dog as a pit bull would go to level IV in melee combat while the Labrador would go to level 2, Now we go to the battle dogs, Based on pit bull and hotvaile (I’m not saying they are bloodthirsty demon dogs), come to level IV in melee 1 in stealth and I in speed, small dogs, melee level 1, stealth level IV speed III based and beaglles and in those long-bodied dogs, police dogs Level III in melee III speed III stealth, to upar the skills of the dog the players use their own experience points, dogs can be domesticated with food, put collars in the dogs making it possible to see the no the dogs that play as dogs on servers can choose to be domesticated by other players, dogs enter the group of the player who tamed it, it would be complicated the communication of the player who plays like dog with other players who they are not animals since dogs do not speak English or any other language but can read the chat normally since dogs can understand many words, it is possible to see next to the name of the dog in the group if it is a player or not, puppies with body level to (if the dog has been instructed in this previously), can kill zombies, are cured with bandages and veterinary remedies, eat automatically if they are outside or if they have ration or other food in one can indoors, dogs players can mark the spaw in a home that the human player did for him.
Your dog and an opponent’s dog fight in case of confrontation if your dog. Be a player twist so he will not be a coward.

2 Likes
Reminds me of this for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgLGbWvkFNg

Memes aside, I don’t think dogs should be this complex; there should most likely be just one basic dog that is just scaled up and down depending on size; and also has different colors and schemes.

I don’t want to practice breeding dogs to get “the best skill tree” for a certain dog. I do however believe dogs should do several simple things:

1. Attack players and the Turned when the player starts an engagement or is attacked

Simple enough to understand, if the player decides to sneak around a certain area, the dog will not give away their position by loudly barking and engaging an enemy; but if a player is attacked, the dog will begin to attack and possibly halt the Turned for a few seconds. (Grabbing a leg/arm and holding on)

1. Dog carry weight

Also simple to understand, dogs could have a small inventory space where smaller items could be attached, ie, small handguns and materials

1. Dogs could also identify the Turned much better

For instance, if a Dog smells or hears the Turned nearby, they could point in the direction of the Turned for a few seconds.

They could also bark if the Turned begin to shamble towards the player, as to alert him/her to the enemy.

All of the dogs skill will depend on how long you have had the dog so as to not make getting a dog early on completely broken.

I did however like the idea of taming them with food and putting collars on them so as to name them, that will add of lot of nice aesthetics.

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

2 Likes

Having this ridiculously vast a variety of dogs with their own mix of stats and abilities is out of the question. The only way this would remotely come close to being functional is if it were significantly simplified.

Another thing to add to my already sky-high to-do list of somewhat detailed posts, I suppose.

2 Likes

I’d say dogs inventory should be limited to what’s currently in their mouth (basically equivalent to what’s in a player’s hands) unless it’s wearing something that has pockets, pouches, or a keg.

Ah, yes, that makes a lot more sense, for some reason I was thinking they came with pockets by default. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it would be possible for police dogs since they have a dress.

Maybe you could stick something in their…

ear?

1 Like

This is a dress

This is a harness

2 Likes

Maybe a rifle sling could be strapped to them? :man_shrugging:

You just reminded me of the Soviet mine dogs that had explosives strapped to their backs and were trained to run under tanks.

Also, could dogs even attack Turned? It would certainly have to be limited to some of the basic variants, as dogs themselves could easily become infected.

Robert the Penguin

2 Likes

my best buddy

A small dog could easily launch itself into the zombie’s legs and knees, knocking them down or something.

All dogs are capable of barking, and virtually all dogs have far superior sense of smell to that of humans.

Dogs are a perfect warning system to nearby threats, as I’ve said before. Even small dogs.

2 Likes

I didn’t read the post I just wanted to say nice penguin.

Zombies are supposed to have poor balance and hand-eye coordination.

Small dogs may not be able to do as many things as well as large dogs, but they don’t need as much food, and tend to have better health.

What use is a dog that’s big enough to eat a man, if it can’t walk or bite because it has bone problems.