The Turned general ideas (Rough draft)

I think this is a nice pve approach to this.

Present, but not all my goodness I’m hit.

As said, other strong medicine can stop it. Only vaccines can fully restore you to normal

I’d personally rather see a system from Cataclysm DDA where you have a chance of being bitten very deeply by a zombie, which will infect you, as opposed to having every hit be a guaranteed infection.

6 Likes

Yeah that would be better

1 Like

Mutation Bar
I’d say that instead of getting infected on the first hit, perhaps getting hit multiple times by the same mutation (say getting 3 hits starts a timer that can do as much as like 50% of the mutation bar over an amount of time) starts the timer.

Revenant
I like the concept for the most part, but it doesnt make sense that they can use weapons. I think it would be better if they kept all the clothing on you (along with all gear inside) but the items in your primary, secondary, and hands slot (or perhaps just your equipped item) would be dropped.

Also if Turned can use melee weapons they should trade the ability to infect for increased damage against players.

2 Likes

Again, sounds very annoying having to 24/7 constantly worry about infection or what not. Ever worse if the more infected you are the more side-effects you have (like in NMRIH with crazy screen distortion and darkening).

I find this an interesting collection of ideas, however I find the “Revenant” to be kind of dumb. Zombies with guns? honestly, if their remaining braincells could know how to (more or less) operate a gun, then why would they be attacking you? this seems illogical

unless of course, you’re talking about a virus that drives it’s victims insane, with a thirst for human blood, but this kinda doesn’t make sense alongside the other forms of zombie on this list (lurkers, grapplers etc.)

To be fair this could be twisted around like so

Again, sounds very annoying having to 24/7 constantly worry about hunger or what not. Ever worse if the more hungry you are the more side-effects you have.

This would just add something else to worry about, and an incentive to go back to lower loot towns to get meds more often, which would extend game progression. Still dont know about it though because it does sound like it could be tedious

To be ‘fair’ realistically speaking everyone expects hunger and dehydration to be a thing in a survival game. Though in the case of Yarr’s infection you loose it every-time your hit, and to get 100% no infection you need a vaccine, and as soon as you get hit once you would need to find another rare vaccine - which isn’t as rare as a sandwich or soda.

Not sure where you got the idea that I support his idea, I said it wasnt a good idea

Not sure where to begin, people not reading the comments and/or people not realising it’s a rough draft which are prone to many changes

I’m pretty sure it’s been a month since the post was made xd

So if it’s unfinished, it’s gonna stay unfinished.

well yeah, expect replies like those. :wink:

Would that be like a normal zombie in 3.0 where they only guard a place at a certain radius, since the definition of sentilal according to google, a soldier who stands guard and keep watch. Sommelier to a 3.0 zombie. Also I think this would work best at like gud loot places like a military where the turned kinda retained some of there memory

1 Like

Well yeah, sort of like that. I planned to make it as some form of very tough zombie that guards high-levelled ‘Zombie spawners’ in cities.

1 Like

Ok, yeah that would be kinda cool, players could think of it as a throwback to the old unturned

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.