The Unturned 3.0 MapJam

I’d love to host some of the maps! Only problem is that I’d need someone to host a server for us. Once that’s sorted out, of course we’d do it.

5 Likes

i am happy to the host servers for you guys! we have machines in the EU and the US. say it and we will fix it

3 Likes

Have the six winning maps cycle every week

The others should still have a chance to. Maybe give them an honorable mention on the main menu or cycle two or three losing maps a week at some point.

Hell no i aint

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::joy:

Get a room kappa :smile:

That wouldn’t make sense though. The server shouldn’t rotate all the maps, just the six winners. Otherwise what’s the point of winning if the losing maps get similar treatment

The point would be for play-testing the maps, which is one of the main parts of being able to judge a map meant to be played by the general community. Winning shouldn’t be relevant if the server already existed before winners were chosen. (Although if there’s an absurdly high amount of entries, then it wouldn’t be as realistic to cycle through every map.)

Similarly, running all the maps wouldn’t be as relevant if the winners were already chosen. But that being said, the “point of winning” still gives you exclusive rewards and a bit more recognition as a content creator overall.

3 Likes

I was suggesting to have a server that cycles the winning maps after the contest

will this end on the 9th.

I think it would be the 11th because of the two extra days thing.

i really like this challenge because it means soon there will be heaps of map assets I can use on my own maps

1 Like

Why not just make your own instead of waiting for others to do it for you? It seems like it would be much more productive to just learn blender.

6 Likes

You know they can easy block you from using them right?

i’m too lazy

Everyone: wow almost a week! progress looks good, everything is going to plan.

Froggo: accidentally finished in five days

4 Likes

Well then you got plenty of time to find bugs in it or put it on a server and try it out!

1 Like

Nothing wrong with double checking that everything is in place :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ve hit the halfway mark, only eight more days to create and submit your map!

6 Likes