The Unturned 3.0 MapJam

A few of us at M2M might have to submit something to go along with everyone else’s works. Really excited to see them all! Props to Animatic and the nameless judges for hosting the event :smiley:

16 Likes

Can I be the tie breaker if it happens :griefer:

2 Likes

realy cool to see things like this …

I knew you would jump in here!

3 Likes

Do we need to log our changes? As I don’t think there is anyway to prove that someone has only spent 2 weeks making the map.

After making the map , were we send it ?

right there, just upload it to the workshop first and send a link

1 Like

Logging your changes would be nice for authenticity that your map was done in the two week time period, but other than that, we’ll be able to judge if a map was made in two weeks from other factors.

2 Likes

Well, when someone create the map, he upload it directly on the workshop even if it is empty and in changes note says : Map Start

It would certainly help

Chatted with a few teams, its fun to see some team’s are still chatting and planning their maps while others like myself have already created entire trellos with plans to go and a good idea in motion, I would love to see more community jams like this! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Only 12 days left. Cant waste all day brainstorming :slightly_smiling_face:

One trip to the bathroom was all it took for a majority of my ideas. At this point all I need is time, a desire to make custom content, and some solid design if you know what I mean.

3 Likes

Btw Justin is my minion manager. :laughing:

It’s not really brain storming, we’ve done all that already. Using trello we are seeing what tasks still need to be completed, so that nothing is left out.

So speaking of the contest,

How are we supposed to create the map, not knowing the audience? Are we expected to create a gigantic map capable for 24 players, or a tiny one for a collect few people?

Obviously if we create a bigass map you’ll give it a bad score, because everyone will be so far apart (that is, if theres few judges)

And if we create one too tiny, and theres lots of judges, then rounds will be over before you can even get to fully enjoy the map.

I’m guessing just base it around the number of players that an arena map like Alpha Valley has room for since the map is either tiny or small.

1 Like

@AnimaticFreak, Is the MapJam team planning on hosting these maps on a public server so that the general community can more easily play-test the maps?

2 Likes

basically canyon arena or athens arena

1 Like

Does the map need to stay in “vanilla” looks or can be detailed a lot?

1 Like

Just do whatever you want

6 Likes