The Unturned Community has a Bigotry problem

strange argument to bring up in regards to Unturned, since one is clearly aimed at a more impressionable fanbase. Have you considered that, since the slurs weren’t directed at you or your person, that you might have had a different reaction to attacks on your skin colour, gender, and/or sexuality?

“150+kg landwhales” boy oh boy that sure doesnt sound like a toxic and repugnant statement to me! Mature and grow as a person please.

2 Likes

…ok? like, what does this prove
“i heard slurs that werent targeted against me, and i was fine!”
if you dont have anything to add to this conversation then piss off.
“this isnt a toxic community” then you proceed to insult him. you’ve proved his point.

2 Likes

i am not allowed to edit my own posts while slow mode is active so I would like to add some amendments:

"calling people slurs in UO does constitute a vile and toxic community :slight_smile: "
edit: if you want proof, scroll up in the thread.

"it’s ultimately irrelevant that older games that do not receive active support–released in a different time period, to a different audience and in a less socially supportive time–are toxic when we’re…

ps

idk who nelson is replying to here

2 Likes

and these old toxic COD lobbies, are they in the room with us right now?

5 Likes

I just wanted to add, don’t take this as a criticism of you guys personally. I think that the steps taken so far are considerably better than they used to be, and I’m very grateful to see that this is being taken seriously. When people leave the community, they don’t leave because they dislike the staff, they leave because the moderation doesnt do enough. I blame this mostly on the part of the discord moderators having a moderate stance on issues like this instead of a proactive one. A lot of moderators also have very visible double standards for people that they like; for instance (unrelated to bigotry but illustrates my point), DeusExMachina has been insulting multiple users asking for role requests in a way that he doesn’t like, and is getting no attention from the moderators. When I called this out, I was warned not to speak in the channel unnecessarily (despite the fact that that rule was not written anywhere in the channel or in the rules at the time).

4 Likes

Have you considered that, since the slurs weren’t directed at you or your person, that you might have had a different reaction to attacks on your skin colour, gender, and/or sexuality?

I know that Pineridge isn’t nearly cool enough to actually play the game they forum warrior about as it was intended (full vanilla), but 80% procent of SOD ingame chat is Turkish, Polish, and Russian clans slinging back and forth the most vile insults I can imagine, both racist and not. If I can deal with insults being thrown my way yet you can’t do the same, that’s a you problem.

“150+kg landwhales” boy oh boy that sure doesnt sound like a toxic and repugnant statement to me! Mature and grow as a person please.

I don’t think that people who get offended over everything get to suggest other people to “mature”.

2 Likes

“i heard slurs that werent targeted against me, and i was fine!”

Refer to my previous post.

if you dont have anything to add to this conversation then piss off.

Yet I did? Steam inbuilt censor, duh.

“this isnt a toxic community” then you proceed to insult him. you’ve proved his point.

What insult?

1 Like

Says the guy who had a multi-paragraph meltdown when Nelson added a Ukraine flag to the main menu. Regardless, you proved my point pretty much immediately. You aren’t offended because it doesn’t apply to you. You aren’t black, so you aren’t offended by the N word. you aren’t trans, so you aren’t offended by the T slur. You aren’t gay, so you aren’t offended by the F slur. But if somebody were to make a slight against you for being Russian, you are up in arms. Why? Because it applies to you.

Calling somebody a landwhale is one of the most immature things that I can think of in regards to the conversation, and its whole point was to belittle other people instead of actually bring an argument. So yes, I think it’s ok to suggest that you have a more mature outlook on life. (btw, the insult was that you were calling them a landwhale. Stop being purposefully facetious.)

2 Likes

Lol, lmao even.

1 Like

Deus if you have nothing to add why do you always end up popping into a convo to drop a 4chan one-liner, and leave? If you don’t have anything to say then don’t respond.

4 Likes

My brother in Christ he is literally homosexual

2 Likes

Says the guy who had a multi-paragraph meltdown when Nelson added a Ukraine flag to the main menu.

Multi-paragraph? Meltdown? Feel free to correct me on this as I don’t screenshot my own posts but it was neither of those.

My disaffection with the Ukrainian flag is akin to WARCORP’s disaffection with the BLM statement in main menu, or to your (and anyone else’s) supposed disaffection when a political opinion that you disagree with is promoted by a (normally) apolitical channel.

you aren’t trans, so you aren’t offended by the T slur. You aren’t gay, so you aren’t offended by the F slur.

undefined_-_Imgur

But if somebody were to make a slight against you for being Russian, you are up in arms. Why? Because it applies to you.

I mean, Karma was talking in UO about how he will ban all Russians from his server and how they’re all hackers and how he is just sanctioning them for the war like governments did but you didn’t see me really caring much or typing up a response to him. I did unfortunately remember it long enough to mention here, main reason being that I found it really peculiar that such statements went unpunished. Wouldn’t be the case if it was about a sexual or racial minority!

1 Like

Fenyusha, if you truly are gay, then I feel sorry for you. You don’t have to side with bigots to get them to like you; they never will. I encourage you to figure out your rights and fight for them.

4 Likes

I just wanted to say do people really get offended just by people calling them certain names? If so, why?

I’ll answer both of my questions, yes people do get offended like that, it’s literally one of the only ways to get “offended”
And i’ll answer my second question yeah i don’t know why, it’s just not nice i guess.
What im thinking is what you’ve probably heard a 100 times already is that some people take words way too seriously.

For me personally: It’s less about the word itself and more about the message behind it and what it stands for. A slur itself does not bother me; the ideas that it’s carrying do, I’ve seen some disgusting and vile beliefs about people or groups, and people often choose to display this hatred with simple words. And for slurs not directed at me: I understand that some people are more sensitive than me and I understand that some people have a harder time standing up for themselves then I do, so I do what I feel is right and standup for them instead of doing nothing.

6 Likes

the community in general should be more welcoming to people who are more sensitive like that, nobody should be barred from interacting with a games community because the people in it are toxic, thats not your fault for being sensitive, thats the communities fault for being hateful.

5 Likes

Unironically bitching about pineridge is crazy

5 Likes

pineridge isn’t real pineridge isn’t real pineridge isn’t real

It is so fucking funny to me that calamari can go AWOL for months and then drop the most engaging bombshell of a post on this forum. Multiple times.

10 Likes