Things in backpacks

I was thinking that when we found some backpacks could come some items in it for example a school backpack could have juices and sweets while military backpacks could contain knives and bullets.

6 Likes

A good idea, and some small items like money, credit cards, keys, lip balm, first aid kits, etc, could be found in pockets, wallets, handbags, and the like.

3 Likes

What if some contained diarys of their life after the zombie outbreak

2 Likes

I don’t wanna be that guy, but assuming that bodies will be lootables, so should do backpacks, then we can assume that what you’re suggesting is already planned.

Either way, this just gave me an idea for a future post.

1 Like

in fact what I am suggesting is that backpacks that spawn on the map have some items ranging from a simple watch to some ammunition, batteries, food and so on,I look forward to seeing what you have in mind in your future post.

2 Likes

So essentially notes, but in an item form?

1 Like

This is a good idea, maybe have a few things left in them, maybe a knife in a military backpack… good idea!

1 Like

Yeah. 10 characters

1 Like

I still don’t understand how but supposedly something about this suggestion would be simpler if instead of using the already implemented storage mechanics, this idea was done by adding items that do nothing except get turned into several random items from a weighted list of possible items.

2 Likes

By why couldn’t backpacks and other items of clothing spawn with items already inside them, like how packs work in Tarkov?

They could but then backpacks would either have to only give the same amount of inventory slots they take up, or the game should force you to only be able to carry one backpack at a time. Otherwise, people will just use backpacks as base storage and “infinite” inventory storage.

1 Like

MoltonMontro’s solution to the “infinite backpack” conundrum would probably be the the easiest solution, but I also want to build on it a bit. For example, maybe the backpacks could be used almost like temporary “chest” entities when on the ground in the sense that a player (or natural spawn) places them in an area and they contain storage slots that a player can access without picking it up. The player can open the chest-like backpack and see what’s inside. Then they can pick out things of their choosing, or select three options: Take All, Equip, Replace.

• Take All: self explanatory, takes all items out of the backpack, but leaves the bag on the ground.
  • Equip: Equipping the backpack not only puts it on your back if you equip it (obviously) but will replace your backpack and it’s inventory with the inventory of the backpack you are picking up. Your former backpack will be in the new backpack’s place, containing whatever contents it had when it was on your back.
  • Replace: Replacing is similar to equip, however instead of switching the inventories, it only replaces the backpack and keeps the inventory the same (assuming that the items can fit in the new backpack). Items that can’t make it into the new backpack will be put in the pack on the floor.

Another thing to add is that backpacks should only contain inventory when they are either equipped, or on the ground. No carrying around backpackceptions. I mean have you ever even tried putting a stuffed backpack into a stuffed backpack? No bueno.

4 Likes

Or backpacks could have a different amount of space when they’re condensed into storage vs when they’re worn/placed.

3 Likes

The easiest way to do that would likely make the space it has inside the inventory be something like roughly 2/3 or 1/2 the space they take up in the players inventory. For example, if say the MOLLE Rucksack takes up a 3x3 spot in the inventory, then the inventory of it (while “condensed”) would only be something like 2x3 or 2x2. It makes storage ineffective in the sense that people would not hoard backpacks for ez inventory space, but allows people to grab backpacks (for whatever reason they might need multiple backpacks, scrapping/makeshift perhaps?) without having to sacrifice some important items completely.

1 Like

At the same time, I’d like to see the implementation of stashes, small crates of items hidden underground like Rust and can only be revealed after staring at their location for three to four seconds. Stashes would be automatically marked on your map, GPS, phone, or PDA, and one of your stashes would be uploaded to another player if they pick up your marked map or device.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.