[Topic Split] Stalker-like weapon upgrade system

Continuing the discussion from Magazine conversions:

I feel a system like Stalker for upgrading weapons would work, especially for converting weapons between various calibers as well as changing some of the internal workings.

The discussion was taken elsewhere

Stalker has an interesting system in which it installs things such as attachment points, caliber and magazine changing, etc, could easily be used in UII for upgrading weaponry.

Well, your bump stock example is kind of a poor example. Bump stocks only work if you pull on the reciever, which in turn makes the gun VERY inaccurate. Since it is useing the gas from the cartridge, there is also variation between rpm.

TL;DR full auto guns are better.

Where did you get bump stock from? What?

1 Like

I want me a double-barreled Mosin-Nagant.

Ahh crap. Im dumb. Just, ignore it.

So long as it requires proper tools, a workbench, and the skills to do it, I would be fine with it.

I need tools for calibration

The Stalker weapon upgrade system lends itself more towards changing things that aren’t quick detachable, (such as an AR barrel,) while the current attachment system works well for things that are. I feel that there are benefits to keeping all customization in one system, but can see some limitations to that (The current attachment system might not work well for fundamental changes like turning a Mosin into a double Mosin, while the weapon upgrade system might not be the best for simple changes like choosing between different optics, especially with the additional complexity in 4.X added by reticle variations.) If both types of customization were implemented, I’d like to be able to view both attachment the attachment system and upgrade system from the same menu, so that for example, I don’t have to wonder which menu I need to go to change the barrel on each weapon.

1 Like

Like harvest said, molt already cut this into a new topic.

But, I think the stalker system is really confusing as there are 4 pictures of the barrel from different angles! What does it mean? (Ive never played stalker, so I have no clue).

Wait a minute, i replied to ninja sword on the magazine converstion post about this:

So, why is it here? The forum has been doing weird glitches like this lately…

All the replies that had nothing to do with what I was actually trying to suggest got moved here, even if they don’t all have much to do with Redcomm’s suggestion.

Here’s a list of some of the upgrades for a Fort-12 pistol.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.