Unturned 4.x Devlog #001

Well, here you go! :smiley:
I’m excited to hear what you all think, but also scared because this is very early. fingers crossed

Devlog #001

35 Likes

It looks really interesting, it kinda looks like Brick Rigs without the legos. In a good way though, it still has the Unturned-feeling to it. The casings do look a little weird but then again everything’s wip. But good job so far!

3 Likes

You don’t have your blue hair -1

But yeah you did a good job as a start. Can’t complain, cause a lot of basic things going to be added anyway

5 Likes

I love all the little details put into the animations! It makes the game so much more immersive and enjoyable. And I’m very grateful you’re going for a more Survival and PvE approach to 4.x, as the high focus on PvP in 3.x is a big turn off, at least for me.

(Also, don’t forget to add a witty tagline to your blog :wink: )

so will we be able to try out the early 4.0 beta at some point during this year or early next year? I read through and it said something about that, I’m interested in how that might play out and if everyone would be able to play it.

EDIT: beta as in helping test multiplayer and the gunplay, not an actually set up game.

Pretty sure that early next year, around mid january-early february.

2 Likes

I was so excited when i clicked. I swear I almost died of joy.:grinning::skull_and_crossbones:

The bullet casings seemed too shiny. I loved the way they shrink when they disappear though.

Nice smiley face on the character.
If you are going to have vector graphics on the faces you should also have them on things like flags.

I think you should only drop your magazines on the floor when you want to, like pvp situations. Maybe holding the r button to drop, and tapping to reload regularly. I don’t know if you are already planning this.
(Just a reminder!):kissing_heart:

The lighting seemed too strong. A bit like 2.0. I think the lighting should be somewhere between 3.0 and the current 4.0 lighting.
:heart_eyes::kissing_heart::joy::persevere::thinking::confounded::crazy_face::flushed::eggplant::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::family_man_man_girl_boy::egg::fried_egg::pregnant_woman:

Yep. I just came. Thanks, Nelson…

In all honesty, the only things that need any additional tweaking are: the Gun model (Too low poly in some areas, too high in others, absolutely no consistency), and bullet trails (Muzzle flash is 19/10, but trails are too bright (aka saturate more) and too thick)

3 Likes

I’ve noticing the glowing block has a green and red outline. Perhaps Nelson is trying to get interactables out of the way soon?

ok, that sounds cool! Hopefully everyone will be able to help play test.

overall i like it, but i have a few gripes

the mag drops incorrectly in first person; instead of dropping out of the mag well it drops on the wrong side of the gun entirely, and if you don’t have a good eye it appears as if the magazine disappears altogether. edit 1: i was wrong the magazine doesn’t drop at all. the reload also needs some work (aside from the obvious fact that there’s no empty reload yet).

i have a feeling you’re already planning on fixing those anyways but still thought it was worth mentioning

the next bit’s just me being paranoid and wanting to cover all my bases since it’s like almost midnight

was also wondering if you were going to add reloads that don’t involved just ditching the magazine, as well as if crosshairs would define where a shotgun spread would go as opposed to the spread itself (basically whether one multi-pellet round is treated as one or multiple rounds)

edit 2: also for the first video i have no idea where the “animated attachments” are. am i insane?

tl;dr: seems to be going well, i’m paranoid, keep up the good work

Oh lord baby Jesus I think I hear shells- also, is that a vector face? Maybe make it seem less Roblox-esq? And the muzzle trails look a bit too bright/thick for my liking, other than that everything is perfect :smiley:

1 Like

this 4.X preview is so cool(but we need more info about other subjects like building/driving …)
also a MAC version test will be cool

Unreal it is

the character looks very wide , doesnt fit with the front and back body

I agree that the trails look a little too bright or something. Perhaps too cartoony?

IMO, I do like the trails for their cartoonish look.

I think it’s because they contrast the current context of the style, since these are in a testing area, with no proper shading/lighting to represent the actual style of the game, therefore making them look weird. I’m sure if it was in context of what the game actually looked like, it wouldn’t seem as odd.

True.

2 Likes

The thing at the end of the gun barrel is the suppressor. Look closely when he reloads.

1 Like