Unturned 4.x Devlog #001

I don’t see anything on the suppressor. Are you insane?:upside_down_face:

dont… just dont… try again nelson buddy… you can do better xD

Lemme just make a bit of feedback on what I saw:

1. The crosshair : It looks pretty good, a bit weird for a ‘assault’ weapon crosshair tho.
  2. The Sounds : I am amazed by the quality of those sounds, and I hope it keeps that quality across the entire game. I just wish there were a sound when the magazine falls.
  3. The weapon : It looks pretty great and except the magazine that doesn’t fall when reloading in first person. I hope the dispersion will be tweaked.
  4. The Bullets : I hope there will be a tweak in the settings to change the delay of disappearance of the bullet casings on the ground, and for some reasons at one point in the 3rd person video, when they eject of the weapon, they appear 1/2 frames. The way the bullet effect (not the muzzle) works is a bit weird, I hope it be fixed.
  5. The free look feature: A nice addition, but it would be nice that the crosshair stays when you look around.
  6. The pants : the pockets of the character are not ON his pants this is really disturbing. thx fix pls.

Sry bad photoshop but the ideas are there

hope I made no mistakes :thinking:

4 Likes

you have the minimun requeriments of the game?

The game’s not done.

1 Like

HELL YEAH! Also vector faces are a yes, I like how much cleaner it looks

if all it means is that the suppressor moves with the gun then i feel cheated

Didn’t notice you (and the devlog) called them animated. I don’t believe it was meant to be worded like that intentionally. Not sure what that’d even look like anyways. :thinking:

That aside, the charging handle animation is neat’o and the suppressor model has more detail than the current one for Unturned 3. Hopefully those things make up for your feeling of cheatedness.

1 Like

Did you record the sample with the cinematic option that will have unturned 4.0?

Awesome possum.

He recorded the sample with OBS Studio, as he does with all his videos.

1 question: Is that Unreal Engine or Unity ?
I’m not all that familiar with game engines, it looks nice, which leads me to think that it’s Unreal, but Unity can be made to look good as well, so i’m not exactly sure.
Also, @SDGNelson
Make sure to work on the netwoking more than 3.0, because it’s really unstable. I normally get 60 ping in games like CS:GO and TF2, but in Unturned, i’m presented with 100 and it feels a lot worse than what it really says.
A lot of those “shoots trough walls” stuff is coming from people that get shot behind cover, because on the other player’s screen, he’s still there.
Also, if you can make it like in PUBG, where if you go too close to a wall, the character lowers his weapon so it’s both impossible to shoot when you shouldn’t shoot and it doesn’t clip those huge-ass hands (and head, if you’re that unfortunate) trough a wall and then get killed, because of that.
With that being said, i love your progress so far, looks really good, with the exception of those trails, look a bit too much, to put it this way.

It’s Unreal Engine

2 Likes

maybe a little bit smaller?

2 Likes

Hmm…Maybe something more like this?

5 Likes

maybe a little bit smaller?

yeah, maybe a bit more yellow, it just looks like lasers when it’s 100% white :smiley:

it is just an example, i dont like big lasers because looks like StarWars

Hmm…Maybe something more like this?

you’re a failure

No, youre a failure.

it is just an example, i dont like big lasers because looks like StarWars

Like this?