Unturned 4.x Devlog #001

maybe :+1:

1 Like

The draw animation was beyond fantastic. The bullet trails, are absolutely fascinating. Being able to look around while shooting in the same direction, has won the cake for me. That was stunning work. But will this be seen from another perspective?
I mean, let’s say you hit “Alt” to look around. This will enable your head to move around with your body dead center and locked on which is what others will see. when when you release the button, your body turns to the direction you were facing when you stopped clicking the Alt button

2 Likes

Starwars Laser gun

Pew Pew
:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::gun:

2 Likes

:grin::smile:

I mean, let’s say you hit “Alt” to look around. This will enable your head to move around with your body dead center and locked on which is what others will see. when when you release the button, your body turns to the direction you were facing when you stopped clicking the Alt button

…so basically how squad’s going to do free look?

ehhhhhh. i’m kind of skeptical on that. i guess it works if you think of it as if you see a target you instantly snap towards it, but if you’re already firing where your gun is pointed and it just snaps to where you let go i can see how that’d get frustrating as well.

I believe you misunderstood me. When I said “lock on” I didn’t mean aimbot. I just meant that the character’s gun would be locked on that same spot he was aiming at when he hit Alt.

@SDGNelson

I love how the body twists, but it seems very out of place. Might I suggest a minor fillet (I haven’t done AutoCAD/Blender in ages, but 0.1-0.2 should make it look better) along edges just to smooth out the transition between 3.0 blockiness and 4.0 realism, without losing too much of each feel.

1 Like

…okay, neither did i, what’s your point

I just meant that the character’s gun would be locked on that same spot he was aiming at when he hit Alt.

…so…how it is IN THE VIDEOS?

The gun looks great for the most part, some details on the weapon aren’t in other places where I’d assume are supposed to be such as the attachment rails aren’t all the same.

Though this is Unturned and game mechanics > realism is the perspective most people take, i just couldn’t be bothered more by the fact that the gun’s spread is ludicrously notable.

The magazine still keeps its bullets in it when it drops which would inevitably ruin my immersion every time i take a look at the mag i drop.

This is the part where i suggest things

I’d like to see a few more controls on firearms such as chambering lets say a 9mm shot in my handgun without a magazine or dropping a magazine instead of holding it in your inventory and sliding the ejection port back to check if a weapon you picked up is loaded. (Judging by the fact that in the video there’s no ammunition counter, +1)

““Attachments”” like Adaptive Chambering shouldn’t be added on but rather crafted into the gun; weapons like the Automatic Kalashnikov (Zubeknakov) which in real life cannot take attachments vague as they do not have attachment rails, weapons like this however can have an attachment rail attached to them in which then they can hold said attachment.

Weapons like the M16(X) tend to have multiple handguards available for the rifle which i believe would be interesting to have in the game where you might find an M16(X) with a “useless” triangular handguard and another M16(X) with a handguard which actually has attachment rails.

I won’t bother continuing to suggest things because at this point it would rather be its own thread, but i’d like to see hard mode become more of a ““Realistic”” mode compared to normal mode which would be more arcade like.

1 Like

The game is not complete enough to show off every feature (ie: a completed UI). The video is primarily showing off gunplay.

4 Likes

It’s a tech demo, not the official launch trailer ffs.

1 Like

I don’t really like those trails. If you really want you should make something a lot more smaller than those on the video. Right now it does look like star wars.

1 Like

It doesn’t mean that I cannot judge the game for what it is at the moment, absolutely every detail shown deserves to be equally criticized, what is there to improve on if nobody’s there to give their feedback especially if Nelson’s trying or at least I assume so to make the experience best for his player base.

Of course, it’s still a work in progress but what’s so wrong with making assumptions and giving feedback based on the results?

And i was dumb enough to not press the blue reply button on the bottom but rather the one below nelly’s post, wonderful!

1 Like

I just found it strange to comment on a feature that didn’t exist at the moment as if it was already completed for the game and was being showcased in the video, which it wasn’t. I never said you couldn’t/shouldn’t critique things actually shown in the video. One of the main points of the devlog is for feedback on the topic, and I have nothing to argue against that fact.

3 Likes

It looks a lot more from my perspective that you’re telling me my feedback is off topic which to me means I shouldn’t have given feedback stating my opinion on the things which do not exist as strange as it sounds.
I assume that Unturned 4.0 would have different game mechanics compared to 3.0 based on what we’ve seen from the Tech demo video which when you compared the two game’s gun play it is obviously different

Making myself not look stupid is hard

actually if you looked closely he was saying (albeit far more politely then i’ll ever bother to put it) that commenting on the lack of a feature that hasn’t been worked on yet and saying it reflects on the type of game 4.0 will be is absolutely ludicrous.

edit: actually, you know what? i have time to burn. let me elaborate.

if i said “because we don’t see the player aiming in the two videos, 4.0 won’t have ADS”, would you say that was a reasonable statement? of course you wouldn’t. you’d say i’m jumping to conclusions and that it’ll come in the future.

this is basically what you’re saying, except instead of aiming it’s an ammo counter.

1 Like

If that’s what he was actually saying then that is a stupid statement, mainly because there’s nothing guaranteeing that it will return but there’s always a possibility that nobody could deny that it might not make it back into the game and was removed for whatever reason.
Edit: Nelson didn’t say so - Linear response

I’d say it’s perfectly reasonable, it’s always a possibility that something which isn’t specified to return by the creator of whatever will not return and saying that it won’t return is an assumption because there’s no evidence, that’s what assumptions are right?
The complete ignorance to the existence of the word assumption is what started this argument which i attempted to show by making the text

AS NOTABLE AS POSSIBLE

saying

AND

as if the fact i was making an ASSUMPTION is to be ignored at all times no matter the case if this is how linear people’s replies are and sure you may call me a bigot all you want ← This scentence will be misinterpreted by you but who’s not noticing the big bold text?

If you have more time to spare please do speak on.
Not everything has to be the way it has to be nor can it be proven without evidence that is needs to be the way it does.

also christ you kinda threw this thread off a bit didn’t you

1 Like

I just meant that the gun saps to the position you are looking at with your mouse when you release the “Alt” button