Unturned 4.x thoughts and Ideas (fully explained)

Hello fellow Unturned community,

this is my first post I’ve done and I’m very new here. Nevertheless I’d like to say my opinion about the upcoming Untunred 4.x. I’d also love to read your reply if you agree/disagree with me.

After reading the devblog I’ve notices that Nelson has been looking into other gams such as Escape from Tarkov which i personally find very good.

1. Playable Animals In Unturned

The first thing is the idea of playing as an animal. At first I was sceptical and then i couldn’t stop laughing. I dunno if its already considered but the Idea if it is balanced with a timer or sth. would be super neat. It could be just for fun or linked with rewards or skills.

1. The Survival Aspect

Which brings me to my next point. The survival aspect is the most appealing part in those games and I absolutely love to get the feeling of an zombie apocalypse, survival of the fittest kind of theme but when i walk into a Pizza shop and find a colt or an M4 it immediately stops. Weapons and ammo should be rare and bows or generally self-made stuff should be buffed. Like traps (both players and food), weapons, clothes, shelters and so on.

1. Map Improvements/Quests

Pretty closely contact with the survival aspect is the option to trade and talk to others. The Librator was such an awesome Idea and it added a lot more dept. I’d be thankful if you’d consider to add a temporae worker that edits the new Unturned 4.x map. I’m talking about

• Quest
  • unique landscapes like road next to cliffs …
  • giant city’s which are connected with trains, boats etc
  • Places that are made like a cave or a flat mountain top for players or groups.
  • In depth story like Mafia with yet again quests linked to murdering other which closes certain items or story but opens others. The game would feel to much more alive.

I could go on with new topic all day but i hope that you guys got why I’d be dying to see Nelson hire a worker just for the Map. (since the maps is like 40% of the Untunred experience)

1. The Inventory And Item Organisation

First of all a M4 can’t fit into normal backpacks and it wouldn’t need the same space as 8 tissues. Thats the reason why the mount sythem is necessary. Like the M4 on the right side of the Backpack or the Bedroll on top. I would enjoy to see those thing being more or less necessary to carry guns. Also being able to get like a weapon carpet were you can put a few guns inside and then roll it like taco so you can carry it with you underneath your arms.

1. Base Building, Balancing And Raiding

This is if not the most important thing besides the animation the dev team needs to talk about. Building is essential and not only been able to build bunkers that look like a cardboard house but instead building sth. that actually feels like a home with chars fridges and so on is one of the most appealing and awesome thing you can do in games. Still these thing would be awesome to have.

A Security-Systhem: I wouldn’t even be mad if it’s “coppyed” from other games as long as it helps the game. Instead of needing to be in a group to interact with stuff I’ve placed I’d prefer the following things

• keys or code locks that you can give or tell others to open doors
  • pushing buttons or leaving in order to open stuff
  • perhaps a car key or pressure plates so you don’t have to get out of the car to drive in the garage. You know being lazy and stuff
  • cameras would be a sweet addition the game as well.
  • More ways to power your home and more ways to transport/get fuel
  • Traps or anti offline raiding tools would be nice to have. What do you think about this Idea. While you are online your structures have a 100% strength and when you are offline it goes up to 150% for wood or 200% for metal. That way it wouldn’t be as appealing to offline raid infact challenge to take the risk and go for a more interactive fun raid. With some actual PvP
  1. Water and Food And Dishes

This is a key element if you want to survive and there is no survival part when you log of for 20 mins and harvest your 10 lettuce just to craft it into 159 seeds and now you will never struggle to get food.

The System is it self is alright but It need a few adjustments. Simply by forcing players to plant seed into these Planter-Pots and then in order to let them grow water and or “fertelizer” em. If thats the correct way to say it. Also the stats need to be reduced

Also town food needs to be more appealing I just don’t know how. Maybe you’ve got an Idea. The same goes for water and how to get it.

But I think it should be necessary to eat somewhat healthy. For example if you only eat lettuce you need to puke or feel weak. Like slowing sown your movement speed or in the opposite if you create a pizza and drink a cola you’ll get a little bonus and feel well fed or sth.

Also more food recipes would be neat.

I also wouldn’t focus on rushing those things. Those are just things I’d like to see implemented someday :slight_smile:

1. Cars And Customizable Vehicles

Please I don’t want another Sedan with 18 sand barricades, 4 metal sheets and 20 meter long barbed wires.

Just don’t get me wrong, I still very much love to create unique vehicles but it needs to be limited and not in a creative way rather in a physics based way. For example if you block of your front windows then you can’t see anymore. Or if you have a metal sheet 2x2 in the back of your car with 12 lockers on em… yeah you know where this is going.

1. Upgrading

This topic is very important to me because I prefer a tool that lets me upgrade my wooden walls to sheet walls instead of holding town my e key and then placing new ones. There are yet again tremendous ways to do this … here are a few ideas

• A tool that lets you instantly upgrade wood > sheet > armoured idk
  • Being able to upgrade or build step by step. I got a wooden wall but only 1/4 of the requirements for a metal wall. How about I can just put that sheet metal where I want like on the bottom left side so sth. is upgraded. Also possible would be to remove one of the logs and then place a metal pillar in that position. It would feel a lot more developing or ehm yeah you know what i mean.
  • Another way could be to thicker walls. I got a wooden wall and then I reinforce it with metal sheets or columns that are in a 45 degree angle. Perhaps Metal stripes that you can ram through your walls just like reinforced concrete is done by adding meal stripes.
  • generally more types of building materials with different strengths and weaknises.

I think that ill sum up my points in a different post but for now I’ll leave it at that.
Its crazy how I’ve only thought about new features for 4.x and there was literally
not even a single thing i dislikes about the Unturned 4.x and all the stuff you
posted in your devblog. Well expect the money part… guys transactions are fine we all love skins. As long as it doesn’t affect the actual game experience this method is needed if you give us this awesome game for free. I won’t donate but I’d spend 100 Euros on merch and skins.

I’m also pleased to answer any comments I got and to discuss about it
Anyways…

I wish you and your team the best of luck and I hope that I inspired some you with a my thoughts. Good luck on programming Untunred I hope it’ll never stop updating for the next years :yum:

-Mike

2 Likes

i dont still read but what is untunred???

when i walk into a Pizza shop and find a colt or an M4 [the survival feeling] immediately stops

a colt

when the colt is unironically one of the worst guns in the game :thinking:

2 Likes

well you are correct but you get my point.
Also how fast do you read you’re scaring me :smiley:

alright I’ll correct the issues later thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t want to say this, but I must to: most things you pointed out have been already discussed, wether getting on conclussions or not.

However, I’d like to show you all my posts which concerns into some themes you touched there. Take your tome to read, as those are well in-depth.

I urge to everyone else to do the same with their own posts if you have made any that concerns with all these suggestions.

1 Like

I’ll do so! I’ve honestly just jumped on here with the Ideas
and I didn’t want them to be lost in my mind :slight_smile:
Anyway do you think I should edit them out or leave them be?

Just leave these. The food and cooking post I made was my very first one, and although it needs to be remade, I haven’t even updated it yet, lol

1 Like

Fortunately for you, your concern is not alone.

Everything here has been largely discussed and/or confirmed previously. I will link other posts that cover some of your major points in greater depth, but for now, you could look around to get a good sense of stances on these topics.

Welcome to the SDG Forums btw - I’d advise taking a look at my official unofficial beginner’s guide if you have the time.

2 Likes

Like others have said, lots of this have been discussed before, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing that you’ve restated them since a lot of those threads are dead anyway.

One thing I wanted to point out is that you referred to the dev “team” in your post. Nelson Sexton is actually the sole developer of Smartly Dressed Games (as far as I know), so keep that in mind when making suggestions that could require a lot of work.

And welcome to the forums!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.