Unturned Belgium Bugs: Report Here

I would hold off til the patch because Unturned may have removed all the quest objects from the map (I have to check. Because they were all working because I did them a ton of times. But for some reason the editor wants to screw with things.
@MarshGames

1 Like

And all the other quests were working fine. I just have to double check the quest object ones because I think the editor removed them from the map

1 Like

Sucks that you guys are having these issues, I know there was a patch last night that fixed a ton of bugs, but I guess that wasn’t enough.

@Wolf_Maniac ok thanks. Also Nand’s quest was either bugged or the objects weren’t put in. There was nothing at the Brussels hospital or Ypres.

Hey @MarshGames where did you find the samples in Brussel?

I didn’t (10 char)

Yes all quest that involves getting the quest object won’t be able to be completed due to the editor removing all the custom quest objects and notes. I’m fixing it as we speak so it will be all good for the patch. The editor really pulled some tricks without out us realizing.

I apologize for some of the issues and inconveniences that have occurred

Eh, not your fault, this stuff happens all the time.

Not really here to report bugs, just here to point out mistakes that are basic entry level mapmaking shit

Hnng colonel, prepare for hell

How does this kind of thing just slip past you guys? How did nobody stop and think “Wait, maybe the parking lines shouldn’t be going over the debris!”

What brainlet thought it was a good idea to give all the NPCs the same quests, dialogue, and clothes, and then not bother proofreading their lines? And why are they wearing fucking Halloween cosmetics?

Are you fucking kidding me

Shoutout to the mong that though “Yes. THAT. THAT looks good.”

“Hmm… let’s not even rotate the containers. I’m a genius!”

gOD

Did anyone even rotate the tents after copy+pasting?

Is that a fucking fabric awning at ground zero of… what is that, a nuclear bomb crater?

I barely even mentioned how bad the NPCs were.

Goddam, I could’ve released Utah half finished and you lot would’ve been “Omg hype!!! great new map!!! cant wait!!!”

3 Likes

What’s wrong with the NPC’s

@anon26840272 can explain it far better than I can.

From what I can understand:

A: Nearly all the NPC’s are very obviously cookie-cutter. By and large, the vast majority of the NPC’s on the map just give you two pages of dialogue and just offer you a quest; that’s it. There’s some minor variations, such as the one NPC who actually has more dialogue beyond the two pages of “world is a fuck”, as well as the teacher and the general; but for the most part, that’s the extent of it. In addition to this, all of the NPC’s have the same exact skin tone. Or, at the very least, the variation is so minor that I can’t notice it.

B: The dialogue is just… bad. Everything that the NPC’s say is just a variation on “oh god oh fuck belgium gone apocalypse zombies virus”. It becomes very stale incredibly fast. I can understand the need that you want to have some gravity and depth to your NPC’s, but this really isn’t the way to do it; if everyone is constantly talking about the end of the world and how bad things are and how badly they want to save things and how shit their life is, it just gets boring. And even then; when a random stranger approaches them on the street, do normal people give them a two paragraph infodump on their life story?

C: Grammar errors. They are noticeable, and prolific. Proofread your writing. That’s all I have to say on this.

TL;DR: Bad dialogue, incredibly obvious copy-pasting, and grammar errors. Fix those, and the belgium NPC’s would be leagues better.

2 Likes

No mention of “Quickly, belgium is in danger!” every other sentence? 0/10. Pondfisher, you failed me.

Meteor, but yeah fabric should be fucking gone.

I had the same format for some. But not copy and paste. I can’t please everyone. Some of the things you are saying don’t really effect anything. They each say different things, and most people greet others that are new to their community or may say a bit about their story. That’s just a matter of preference. Also what grammar things are you talking about. I need specific examples so they can be fixed. Because I checked multiple times. But I can make mistakes.

1 Like

Sorry you don’t like the ways the NPC’s are designed. But any specific feedback relating to the technical aspect etc would be helpful

This error has something to do with the map’s navmeshes, but it should not affect the server, according to Nelson

Apparently someone on my server got into an APC ontop of plates and it flung them so fast and so far that they got out of the map. I’m not sure if thats true, but I’ve NEVER in my 6,000 hours seen anyone get outside the map this way on any other map, so…?

1 Like

I’ve seen it done like 100 times, mainly on washington. It’s not something they can fix, due to it being a error with the physics engine.