I mean literally it’s the only version of Unturned with a working temperature system. 3.0’s system is pretty basic. Apply some freezing weather at a certain height and everyone gets cold unless they wear 3 pieces of clothing.
That system is nothing compared to the old version’s system. The player’s temperature changes depending on the location, the amount of clothing worn, the distance from a heat/cold source and the height you’re at from the ‘freezing point’ (Which is the height where snow/snowstorm appears). That’s a lot of factors.
Maybe add more factors to that system to make it more interesting. This is what it would be
- Clothing would increase your base temperature.
- Entering a powered vehicle would make you warmer, so drivers with high gear will be at risk of overheating.
- Going near a heating source will make you warmer, being next to it or standing on it will immediately burn you.
- The altitude decreases the base temperature
- Entering a body of water would make you colder, so nakeds would immediately suffer from hypothermia.
- Having low hunger/thirst/immunity decreases your base temperature.
- Rain/snow severely decreases your temperature. Bright days affects how warm the world is during mid-day
What this means is that having full gear isn’t always the best option in general. Players are forced to have lighter gear while driving and swimming would be dangerous, basically make yourself more aware of what you’re doing.
Maybe change Warmblooded skill to be a ‘Temperature stabilizer’, meaning that temperature increase/decrease is less severe
Hypo/hyperthermia would be the new status effects (Overheating/Freezing if you want to make it simple). Basically like irradiated, but only happens when your temperature reaches a certain level. All it does is blood loss, but maybe it could affect energy consumption rate or reduced speed. Hyperthermia would definitely increase thirst, maybe hypothermia increases hunger
Bringing it back would be a huge aspect in survival in many ways, which includes changing metas. To make it fair, do not make it toggable. I know cheap skates will run their server just for some glory gun fights by having survival options decreased. This should apply to a lot of other features so that the game can suit the player’s preference while keeping the survival aspect active in the game no matter if it’s PvP or PvE