Watering can

Be able to water the plants so they would grow faster :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t that make farming OP? :thinking:
Because you have an infinite supply of water in every map (not necessarily drinkable. Could be water from a lake) so you can basically speedrun the farm and have enough food for days of survival

He didn’t say how much faster, I think it would be okay. Something like 10-25% to growth rate. It’s better than 3.0 fertilizers.

1 Like

I do like the idea of increased activity in farming, and watering type features could introduce piping/sprinklers/building automated watering systems.

15 Likes

its will NOT make the plants grow faster

it will LET the plants grow, soo

1 Like

Should it be an increase in growth rate, or making it so the plants can grow (say they go without water for a few Unturned days, they start losing growth.) And we could probably use a system that makes plants grow faster depending on either if they’re in direct sunlight, or if it’s day or not. Farming in 3.0 is pretty boring, it’s all about the amount of skills in agriculture. Players should have to tend to their crops.

1 Like

A more in-depth farming system is already planned IIRC. Not sure about direct sunlight, but it might involve nutrients, water, and weeds in the soil.

Not weeds, but water and possibly nutrients would be good.

You would probably have to purify salty water or else it would kill the plants.

Maybe salt water could be cooked for salt (which could be used in cooking) and fill any attached pipes with steam (which could be collected as water, or used to power steam punk contraptions.)

PS am I the only one who read about pipes on the 4.X Trello, and thought “Forget pumping fuel, I want steam punk?”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.