Way to keep people from putting their Important loot inside their inventory when they log off

That’s true, most of this was because worn rocket mod and since the creator is not working with Nelson then that’s a guarantee that it’s not gonna be out on release

I know he said he wasn’t a fan of the sleeper system but he also said that it may be the solution to a lot of problems that are currently in the game. at the end of the day its entirely up to him i’m just bringing up some of the pros for a sleeper system and if he decides to do something else that’s completely fine.

I was clearly talking abou Unturned 3.0, and so were you.

Well we need to make a compelling argument towards him to see if he will add it

i guess i’ll think on it some more to put together some more pro arguments

Obligatory

And yes, this has been approved by Nelson, so there’s definitely hope in that front!

5 Likes

man, it is a really tough one, isn’t it? how about including the sleepers but it will have limits as other players won’t be able to kill you, take off clothing, and only access a limited part of the sleepers inventory and items will have a limit where it can be stored as car key so it can be stolen keeping it fair. I also thought of making the sleeper act like a locker you will need (chargers) to get to the loot which actually sounds silly maybe a different kind of raiding gear. I think combining these ideas thought could be a solution if not we still need more people to think about this

1 Like

I do like the idea of sleepers but to have a limited amount and unkillable type wouldn’t be a good idea because what if they all of the sudden wake up, it glitches and now he has godmode forever

that’s why we have Nelson so he can fix it if it happens

Remember no game can have 0 bugs so there still will be a slight chance that something else like this can come up

I regret editing my second comment :upside_down_face: but yes you are right

I saw it, not gonna lie that’s really messed up cause your using the term incorrectly

although i do think that sleepers should act like a locker i don’t think that it should be especially hard to kill them or require raiding gear to loot them as they are just a player that’s sleeping on the ground and i don’t think that there should be hold out items like clothes or have it just arbitrarily decide what you can and cannot loot from them. I feel that making it so you cannot disappear with gear and resources forces you to focus more on a good base design and location as well as keeping active on the server. As well as from a raiders perspective makes it so if you grind to get the materials to raid someone you won’t be scammed out of missing a potential jackpot of supplies because the player decided that they don’t want to play for that week.

1 Like

hm i still really hate the fact that every time i would go on a server i would have to build a base so i can get my loot safe because if i stay in the open some naked random dude can take my loot and kos my body also if some can’t or just don’t want to play why force him to play but yes i agree whit you

well at the same time its a double edged sword so while you could get looted if you don’t take the time to build a base (which could even be as simple as a 1x1) you could also find other players that have just given up and get a small head start essentially. and with base building being basically a requirement to preserve your loot it would make people make bases again which most people don’t because if you can just log with a full set of gear whats the point.with more bases in the server it would reduce the chance that you as an individual would get offline raided

2 Likes

I think the issue with sleepers is if say a server has hundreds of unique users there would be sleepers all over the place.

I do agree that the log out meta has room for improvement though

It’s not going to load in every single one of them for every player you know.

Perhaps record positions, but not load them in.

Kinda besides the point though,

If sleepers render/load around me, and the servers have hundreds of unique players I’ll still encounter a lot of sleepers.

It doesn’t sound like a great mechanic in my opinion

You’ll encounter a lot of sleepers no matter what.

People tend to horde more loot than they can log out with,

so if you can only have one character per server it isn’t a massive deal.