Weapon Categories in Unturned II [Long Post]

i wouldn’t mind some alternate out of the way description for some lorebuilding. though definitely the default description should be purely utilitarian

1 Like

I have a middle-ground idea. There is a normal brief description that’s seen when you view the item, but there’s also a sub-menu you can select to view the extended history/lore of the weapon. This would actually be interesting, granted that the lore is gotten right.

6 Likes

+1
Yes, that would be perfect.

1 Like

Almost sounds like a codex/datalog system. I like it.

I think it’d be certainly interesting to “discover” the lore of items/weapons by unlocking the entry when you pick the item up for the first time. There could be an “Entries” part of the game you could view in-game.

5 Likes

And about crossbows and bows?
What is this discrimination

1 Like

Crossbow: Crappy sniper

Bow: Crappier sniper

3 Likes

this is exactly what i fuCKiNg MeanT REEEEEEEEEEEE

no but gg for actually phrasing it in a way that makes fucking sense

1 Like

Nelson has liked this post. I feel accomplished.

Even if, it means that they’re not worth to be on this list or on unturned II?
Honestly seeing all this passion for different fire guns (only) by basically everyone who posted kinda discourages me about what ppl really want or expect from II, and consequently about what Nelson could decide to do by seing this.

You know if you add a ton of realistic weapons combined with a ton of various realistic ammunition, people will most likely want to use them, and since you gotta be sneaky against turneds (now more then ever) who do you think that players will point those guns to? Thats right, other players!
(Unless the ammo quantity around the map is poor, but then it will just be a shame or annoying to have many cool weapons but no ammo to shoot with.)
Anyone said PvP based game yet?

I thought that the direction of II would be “survival”, but looking at this post and the emphasis that people puts in it (don’t get me wrong, it’s a very cool and detailed post) kinda concerns me about the future, cus I wouldn’t want this to be another pvp-fest even cus “survival” is what have being promised and I’m looking foward to it.

TL:TR: It’s all cool and good but this kind of “guns focused mindset” pushes a pvp agenda and not a survival one IMO.

1 Like

Why are you worrying about this when all you use are knives?

2 Likes

Would be better “Why so serious about this when all you use is knifes”
x)

1 Like

Anyone who’s actually watched the 1989 Batman movie would know that I was bluffing.
%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

1 Like

It seemed you were referring to the latest versions of the joker

asd4

asd3

1 Like

Since when did I imply that?

1 Like

There’s lots of different types of cars in Unturned, so why hasn’t it become a racing game?

2 Likes

I believe what he is trying to say, is that if we focus too much on gunplay, the game will devolve into a PvP-fest again, but yes, there are lots of different types of cars, but not every little detail about cars is put into the game.

1 Like
  1. Cus phisics
  2. Racing games are kinda unpopular these times

Also I think that the two comparisons don’t really fit. A thing is guns with grips optics ammo calibers range… another thing are cars with… speed? Gas? I mean if cars were more customizable maybe we would had more “racing modes”.

Or at least that’s how I see it

1 Like

All of those details will make just picking up a gun and picking fights with random people even less effective. Attachments will have both positive and negative effects so no weapon can have maximum effectiveness (Cough Cough Maplestrike with vertical grip Cough Cough. ) Having more and calibers would make finding ammunition for any particular weapon harder. Giving weapons different effective ranges makes everyone outside those ranges safe.

Lever action category?

Anyways this seems really nice, a weapon for all occasions.
The antimateriel and antitank rifles would be great against light armored vehicles, while the anti tank launchers would take out heavily armored vehicles like a btr or a tank.

1 Like

Why quote “is not re”?

1 Like