What Vanilla Style Workshop map would you all like to see?

florida man suggests florida map.

Also highway 70 is really strait, hot damn.

2 Likes

Wait we have a japan map?

a good map

Create a map based off of any Winter Tundra in the world. It would be incredibly interesting to survive in as most maps are in a Temperate setting.

What about a map in which the survivors need to head to different islands with each of them containing different tiers of loot. Something like the Maldives.

Issue with that is that there would be one island with high tier loot, and players would just stay there.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898363380&searchtext=japan+map
@Syero Checked it and it uses an insane size and I’m guessing compound objects too.

@kvc.6 What did you expect me to suggest? We have a somewhat well-known race track, murals, and THE CALADIUM CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! Just a little bit of bias there.

A map based around an entire rural area would be nice though.

2 Likes

I always thought a map where a majority of the map was underground would prove interesting, the surface could be a deadzone perhaps.

2 Likes

Like a metro theme?

1 Like

Well isn’t that the same with all the other maps? Just don’t have one military control point if you were to balance it out. Or just don’t have a large military presence in the first place.

I have a couple. I love the idea of a map that’s all Urban themed as said above, perhaps it could be a small map with landmarks outside of the barrier

(y’know what I mean, the buildings and such that are placed outside the map to give immersion that the map is bigger than it actually is)

Maybe the map could be really cramped and cluttered, like an urban city where it always rains, where everything is awfully cosy but cluttered and busy, maybe the map could be just a novelty map, an artistic piece. I’m thinking of that one loading screen

Like this

Imagine that type of vibe for the whole map, that would be so cool I think. I love cosy maps like that.

-

Another idea, it’s overdone to hell but I love the post nuclear war maps, but not like “Pei fallout” and things, like a new map with pylons and nuclear plants and zombies dotted everywhere, maybe even an “ultra hard” map where megas are around every corner and building a base becomes a real fight, but in a desolate wasteland of which there once was life.

-

An interesting idea for an Unturned map is a horror themed map, with a very sinister story, I’m thinking of that one place in hawaii where the blood is splattered from under the door. Those type of vibes, but for every part of the map, would be amazing, every house could tell a story, a house could be empty and tell a story about a family who fled the scene and you could be greeted to a train accident with a car wreck later down the road with the bodies of that family inside, another house could have blood and gore over - wait a minute, does vanilla unturned have bodies? I don’t think so, okay time to be creative with mannequins again haha. Anyway, I think a horror map would be really fun and surprisingly hasn’t been done in such a way… Then again I like never check the workshop for these types of maps so maybe it has been done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s just an idea.

-

How about a more casual map, what about a map that has lots of countryside, but dense forests surrounding the area, what about a map inspired by British country side:

I’m also getting vibes of something like this:

-

Okay I have one last idea:
How about a map that involves progressive missions and storytelling.
Here’s my idea:
The map is a large map divided into 4 quarters, each quarter has it’s own biome, buildings etc.
The different biomes are divided by gigantic glass (Or just regular steel) walls, you would start in the plains area, and there would be “chain missions”, so completing one mission allows you to do the next, then the next, then the next and eventually the last mission gives you a key to open the gate to the next area, where there are more missions, some of which might require coming back to the previous location to complete, maybe even some bonous missions that you can come back to later.
I also think the quality of materials should increase too
So the first quarter has only Birch trees, the next has only Maple, the next Pine and the final area should have Metal.

The biome progression should go like this I think:
1: Plains & Lakeside
2: Desert
3: City
4: Glacier Peak

If I was any good at making custom npcs then I’d do this myself lol. Then again, all these ideas have made me really want to make a map now, so who knows. xP
Anyway, hope you like my WaCkY ideas. u

I’m done rambling now. xP

2 Likes

More underground places and easter eggs. Just more places where you could hide your base at or explore in general.

Basically what I’m working on :laughing:

Something that would not burn my pc.

Yukon but large.

Not kidding.

But with a more balanced sandbox so end game weapons isn’t the Honeybadger but rather say the Swissgewehr. Would love to see some Scorpion 7 vehicles on the map that aren’t just the Explorer as well.

1 Like

I like the New York idea, but in full winter mode (as og yukon was). All the storms could help with the rendering so even having a full urban scenario wont burn most peoples computers.

Lots of underground would be there (metro) and also could take the chance to finally give justice to a skyscraper envoironment (not all the high buildings should be accessable ofc or it would lag cus of all the detail required, but you know what I mean).

You defenetly have the knowledge to put up something interesting.

1 Like

Okay, but I prefer this:

3 Likes

You could have part of the map bombed out to make a simpler area like the open woodland on most maps, but instead of trees the resource nodes could be the remnants of buildings and they could be mined to get sticks, nails, planks, bricks, metal bars, scrap metal, wire, etc. (obviously not every node would give all of these items though.)

I don’t personally know much about South Africa, but there’s also some parts of South America that are like this, (like the Western part of Perú :peru:) and I would definitely like to see a map along these lines.

Aren’t all of those prairies? Regardless, this is an interesting idea. Maybe with such long lines of sight, binoculars would be important and useful, atleast until powerful scopes and long range weapons are found. Maybe there could be other binocular equivalent items, that offer different amounts of zoom and greater or lesser fields of view. Maybe this map could have a shotgun that is more limited by its pellet spread than by its maximum range, so it’s capable of doing damage in such an open area, but discourages the player from getting into long distance fights.

The highest tier island(s) could be in a dead zone, on fire, freezing, etc. or maybe the highest tier loot would be in the bottom of a lagoon. Maybe there could also be some desolate islands specifically for Easter Eggs basebuilding.

This could allow for some good tiering of different areas. Perhaps you start in an area that is both well lit and sheltered from radiation, and the next tier is a dark area, and the tunnels leading into it could have small dark patches, so the player would be able to experience the darkness before getting lost in a sea of it. Perhaps the dark area could connect to both flaming and flooded areas, which again could provide samples of their obstacles in the tunnels leading into them, and from these areas players would finally be able to reach the radioactive surface. (Of course this is just an example, so the order of these obstacles could change, and snowy areas or suffocatingy high altitudes could also be thrown into the mix.)

Such dense forests would be pretty intensive to fill with hundreds of trees and bushes, but maybe larger objects that represents whole stands of trees instead of resource nodes that represent individual trees or bushes could be used to fill in the center of the forest.

Maybe different areas would have different floors accessible. Some skyscrapers might only have the ground floor accessible. Some smaller buildings might be accessible all the way to the roof, and from these roofs, certain floors of some sky scrapers could be accessible, and while it would definitely be too complex to have access to every single floor, with stairs and furniture and loot spawns on every floor, maybe elevator simple straight elevator shafts could provide a direct route between different stories of some buildings (maybe there could be ladders or climbable cables in the elevator shafts, or maybe players would have to use umbrellas/buildables to get through them safely.)

P.S. I love this thread. There are so many great ideas on it, and I don’t just mean the ones that I’ve had something to add to.

PPS: I don’t have any great map idea of my own, but a location idea I’ve had for a while is a cannery, that would be a blend between an industrial location and a food stuffs location, with canned food, the ingredients used to make the food, the cans, chemicals, and antibiotics used to preserve the food, the tools to prepare food, and the tools to run machinery. Maybe this location could serve as a food source in a mostly industrial area of a map.

2 Likes

Absolutely lovin’ all the idea flow here guys! I’m 100% confident that at least one of the ideas posted in this thread will end up being produced by us in the near future :smiley: If you’re enjoying blasting this stuff our as much as i’m enjoying reading them: Keep em coming!

I do hope your future maps use less compound and more custom objects, I know the point of them are to be bit sized maps you guys can push out in a couple of weeks, but I would like you guys to at least use less compound.