What Vanilla Style Workshop map would you all like to see?

Please don’t take the picture so literally, I was just giving an example to describe what I was talking about. D,X

A map with thick tree density and a high fog density. Maybe have it be centered around navigating on landmarks and have a very cryptic chart or gps

2 Likes

Amazon rain forest

:laughing:

Don’t do that, there’s a reason most maps have nothing outside the borders of a map. Mainly so the player isn’t interested in leaving the boundaries of the map, since there’s nothing there.

I’m referring to a backdrop. Like a skyscraper or so to make the city look bigger than what’s available, otherwise the city would be too detailed and laggy.

Like in most games like Dying Light you have a large wall separating the quarantined zone from the rest of the world. Otherwise it will be just a few towns, farms, bases in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

Man, i really want something like Alaska or Antarctica, or something set in Japan

oh yes i’d love to see a japan map

6 Likes

isn’t there one already?

1 Like

Oh boy, i started dreaming again.
I’d like to see a more survival-ish approach, if you know what i mean. I mean maps like yukon, where there isn’t much you can pull off through cities, and no military equipment. I don’t know about people here, but i love these maps. Foliage similar to germany map’s foliage and trees we have right now, and a lot of dense forests maybe? :thinking:

Or maybe, a map where the most things to discover are underground. I believe we lack these.

Nothing comes into my mind right now, sorry.

4 Likes

Sweden. Would be amazing

1 Like

I’m working on a Scotland map right now, which mainly involves hills, mountains and woodlands.

@Romelete this man is stealing from you.

2 Likes

A map set in the collapse of East Germany. It is something I am familiar with! I am currently under obligation to not say a phrase that I like to say alot so just pretend like it is written here.

Joe Cool out.

4 Likes

Bob Ross cool out

some kind of large eastern european/central european insipred map, with a few small-ish old cities and urban areas dotted around, and lots of mountains, hills and forest.

Some small buildings in cities would be nice, nothing that looks that out of place or too big for the size of the city like massive skyscrapers (and with buildings spread apart with trees around, to make them seem larger)

For the rural areas, some smaller farming villages would be nice, with small huts and cottages.

1 Like

I was actually attempting to make something like this myself (based on the Cát Bà archipelago in Vietnam with floating houses and fishing villages) but then I abandoned the project.

That’d be really great though, it would make for some very interesting gameplay.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.