What would you like to see the most out of 4.0?

Doesn’t DayZ do that?

1 Like

dayz is the gay

1 Like

One thing that I think could be pretty cool is more dynamic water systems, and maybe a new type of water transport such as submarines.

1 Like

Sure, they’re different, but there’s no indication at all which one is larger. You could have a large group or a small team, they’re really synonymous.

2 Likes

…but…why that variant of the gun specifically and not the far more common mainstream configuration of the AR-15? What you’re suggesting is quite literally an AR-15 with a longer barrel module. While that can easily be achieved by the attachment system, an entirely separate variant of the weapon altogether is very unusual and a narrow niche of the bigger picture, considering the missing gaps of certain varieties of other weapons. I’d also like to mention that aesthetics is a lower priority than functionality in implementing weaponry.

Ignoring the performance drop just because of the engine change doesn’t justify the fact that it still happens.

I have a personal Steam group that’s almost 500 members. Your definition of teams and groups is inaccurate, as both words are synonyms of each other and do not imply a specific size. One could argue that groups are larger than teams as well. Also, RedComm was referring to the in-game group functionality of 3.0 which literally does the exact job of what you’re describing.

Realism =/= exactly mimicking real life.

Also, hostile/allied NPCs has been fiercely debated for 4.0 for quite some time now, and the general consensus is no. The community is mostly against it for balance and practicality implications, and Nelson himself has also said he does not want to go that way.

3 Likes

Here’s a link to my post I made earlier.

1 Like

Yeah but we’re talking of losing about one fps, so it’s not noticeable

1 Like

You see, the issue with this mentality is that you’d say one effect or difference makes virtually no FPS impact in the game, but this is how 3.0 got to the awful state of optimization it currently is. Shrugging off many small things that hugely add up over time.

2 Likes

It was developed in unity.
No more explanation is needed

1 Like

Actually, yes, you do need more explanation.

People with little understanding of optimization like to just put the blame on the game engine itself and not the way the game is coded. There are many Unity games that are actually incredibly well optimized, like Kerbal Space Program or Cities: Skylines. It’s not Unity’s fault exclusively by any means.

And even if you were to blame Unity, which is shortsighted to say the least, it also still doesn’t justify adding something into 4.0 just for the sake of adding it in, without regarding how to optimize it and mitigate performance impact.

6 Likes

Thurst Intensifies

(Im not gay.)

2 Likes

Typography Alert!

thurst --> thrust
Im --> I’m

Thank you for your cooperation, citizen.

3 Likes

ok. (No U 10 chars)

1 Like

Dang that’s a long time.

1 Like

Parkour would be nice! :grinning:

1 Like
  1. Bandit AI (as a setting, since some people don’t like that idea)
  2. Larger buildings and towns
  3. Interiors for some vehicles, such as RVs and Ships
  4. Limb-based and caliber based damages. So a headshot would kill a player in one to two hits depending on caliber, but for zombies, any limb other than the head can take a metric ton of damage before killing it.
  5. More and better skills, and use for experience points after maxing out everything; perhaps being able to buy cosmetic items with enough points.
  6. Cosmetic items that aren’t CS:GO lootbox BS. I want cosmetics that you can only get from gameplay, in game. These would just function like any other weapon attachment.
  7. As divisive as this may be, I’d much prefer updates every two or three weeks rather than every week once the game drops. This way, modders will not have to update their mods every single week, and more content can come from every update. Small changes and a few new items won’t bring people back to playing the game very much, but bigger content drops will accomplish this I believe.
  8. Either cheaper base crafting, or give base components such as walls much more HP. To build a base for a few hours and to have it leveled in seconds by somebody with a minigun is just plain annoying and discouraging. This change would make it fairer and funner.
2 Likes

you cant make everthing a setting. If people dont like it, they will have it off, and there will be no point in having it.

Nelson has stated that there will be no cosmetics, asides from possibly “painting” your gun ingame

A point of an update is to fix things. A game should be FUN how it is, if content is what keeps bringing you back, then your reality of a good game is skewed.

1 Like
  1. I’m suggesting it as a setting because there ARE people who want this feature. I would say that the Unturned community is fairly split on the issue. Making it a setting gives both sides what they want. I don’t see how you can possibly take issue with that.
  2. I know that, I’m just posting what I’d like, as this is not a thread about suggestions, but about what we ultimately would like to see.
  3. I’m speaking from personal experience here. After a while in 3.0, I got bored and stopped playing. Small content updates did not bring me back, because it was not substantial enough. All I’m doing is making a suggestion that would bring me and many others back to a game more often. Again, why are you acting like this isn’t a thread about what each individual person would like to see in the next game?
1 Like

A reminder that Nelson said he’s going to be giving Steam economy integration careful reconsideration. (Mainly see: Specialized "Economy" - #31 by SDGNelson)

Because if most people aren’t going to use a feature, and if it’s not going to be treated as a core feature of the game, then it really doesn’t have a place to begin with. Settings are fine, but I disagree with your argument for implying all things should be a setting: things that would add extensive features and isn’t enabled by default shouldn’t be an option, and things that are pertinent to the game’s framework or would only satisfy and incredibly small niche of the community usually shouldn’t be an option.

Personally, I think we’re running out of areas to actually add bandit NPCs. There’s no reason we should throw them in anywhere and everywhere “just because,” and there’s not too many high-tier areas where we don’t already have zombies we could put there instead. However, if they were implemented, properly, then yes I’d appreciate it being a server setting just like other entities are. Would be kinda weird if people could disable (or increase the spawning of) zombies but not bandits, tbh.

Sometimes people ask for things that are legitimately off the table (although even then most things still really aren’t). Sometimes people suggest things other people disagree with, and as such have a discussion about why they disagree with it on this discussion board.

2 Likes

Damaged vehicles that cant move but you can still get inside or even use turret.

Add siberia map with gulag

1 Like