When 4.0 INEVITABLY has everything I warned about

all these people having meaningful discussion…

i just wanna grill for god sake!

2 Likes

who said they were meaningful doe?

:flushed: uh oh

2 Likes

Maybe I’m out of the loop, but the anti-consumer aspect surprises me. My opinion is that the long-term continued support of Unturned 3.0 e.g. the recent foliage consolidation update is pro-consumer, and hopefully builds confidence in the future of both games.

18 Likes

I’m pretty sure being too lazy to develop your own plugin API and let a private third-party handle it, then giving them legitimate authority over it. Of course, talking about RMod and Sven. In fact this has been discussed since 2018 and all you, Nelson, have done is defend Sven’s actions.

First, Sven writing a code into RocketMod nicknamed flying mushrooms which was something, when read backwards, was a way to hard-ban anyone he personally didn’t like from all RocketMod servers through the users S64ID. Server hosters running RM has no choice and essentially no hosters even knew about this. Infact, to this day hardly anyone knows about this.

Second, Sven writing an arbitrary plugin/website nicknamed “Observatory” which was a consentual service server-hosters could opt-in to where moderators of servers would ban a hacker from their server and submit evidence to the Observatory website for a jury of users to hold a trial on whether or not that user was hacking. It sounds great in practice, and sounds consensual. Except Sven turned it from a downloadable plugin to something that is fundamentally built-in to RM, and was by by-default enabled. Hardly any server hosters running RM knew what Observatory is, so they had no reason to switch it from the default “true” to “false” (or enabled to disabled).

On top of forcing Observatory to be apart of RM (when nobody asked for that), he decided to abuse his unique power, or ownership, of Observatory to ban people he personally disliked without any trial, no other jurors, and no photographic evidence required.

As you know, because you defended him, he banned a popular figure named @ItzEdInYourBed because he was vaguely associated with hack-client developers, and never helped them develop hacks nor used their hacks. You blatantly defended his actions publicly on the SDG forums.

“I have no control over Rocket because it’s entirely separate from Unturned,”

You had every ability to make a good plugin API apart of the base game instead of officially handing over this power, that you may or may not have known could (and evidently was) abused.

“but even if I did I would be glad to retain Sven as its developer. While it’s possible to bring up some examples of rude behavior on his part I’m sure that’s true for all of us at one point or another, and it can be especially difficult to keep a cool head”

Then you defend his blatant, intentional abuse by saying we all “lose our cool” aka “make mistakes”. This is not a mistake. This wasn’t a one-time thing. He planned this out, coded this out, and abused his unique privilege that you both indirectly/directly gave him.

Third, not to mention the hellhole and joke of a Discord you let him officially run on your behalf, possibly one of the worst official game-discords I’ve ever attempted to participate in.

There are a few other minor examples, like Sven’s personal character, as he has endlessly and historically been a major ■■■■ to almost everyone, but I think that goes into the realm of being too subjective. Everything so far has been objective, and undeniable.

If you don’t consider these things totally anti-consumer, then I think there’s a problem. Even if you never expected or anticipated for these things to happen, they happened, and instead of acknowledging the problem, you decided to, @Armaros take it away

While yes, this is very pro-consumer, there is a lot more than that.

The reason a lot of these things I write about are “inevitable” is because as far as I see, you aren’t learning from these things that don’t exactly directly involve the game like the code, but things that can mold and shape the game, it’s community, and how the game is enjoyed or used. Things beyond and outside of the box that need to be accounted for.

I don’t blame you, I don’t mean to be passive-aggressive, but this is just one facet of the anti-consumer, anti-player things that I am talking about, and I make these posts to shed light on them, then get shit on, and then don’t have the time or mental capacity to deal with the endless toxicity, aggressive memes, harassment, stalking, death threats, doxxing, impersonation, abuse, and other things that I’ve endured.

“I’m sure that’s true for all of us at one point or another, and it can be especially difficult to keep a cool head when dealing with other rude comments.”

stop playing the victim card every time you make another post with nonsense political ideology and then being called out for it. you know whats going to happen. you do it anyway. you cry fascism and say youre leaving. then you crawl right back. its 2020 rain lets actually learn a lesson or five here.

4 Likes

whats the point in reporting people when they never learn? @MoltonMontro

rain please refrain from the ad hominem attacks

3 Likes

As you can see Nelson, this whole thing turned into a shit fest real fucking fast. My problem is that Rain brought his ideology into it. If he didn’t, I would’ve read the thread and moved on. But since I saw that he brought his ideology into it, I got real mad because I want politics to be minimized on this forum as much as possible.

Rain’s also generally being pretty condescending by dismissing everyone’s arguments and doubling down on his “prediction”. Also, rain literally just called someone a bigot. This is a tactic that SJWs use to shame someone’s opponents and it’s generally very scummy.

People generally don’t like real world politics seeping into video games. Which is why Aden said what he said. Also for @RainOfPain125, you’re starting to turn into an asshole. I hate to say it but it’s true.

rain wants to call us all toxic and ad hominem but he literally calls people dicks and fascists, calls people boneheaded, says they pull shit out of their asses. hes just as rude as any of us. thing is rains the real fascist here, hes the only one who cares enough to hit the report button. hes the only guy trying to silence individuals. just like he massflags unturned steam content with his group. (he reported that comment too, even though its true???) (he was democratically kicked out of RA, only to call THEM fascists too!) and of course he always says hes gonna leave, its always his last post, hes always done, but he never leaves.

and honestly dont even try calling this an unproductive reply. this is the damn community lounge meme section. we arnt trying to be productive here. rain called nelson lazy and anti consumer for gods sake. is that supposed to be productive? step off the moral high horse and face reality.

5 Likes

take it away, @Armaros

You took that snippet of text out from @Armaros of context, thus further showing your dishonesty. I can’t believe I was going to be your friend, Rain.

1 Like

defending bigots is almost as bad as being a bigot. In fact, yesterday was Martin Luther King day if you didn’t know. And MLK said something very funny about hating the “white moderate” more than the “white nationalists” for being so indecisive and neutral during times when people were being harassed, oppressed, and segregated.

You’re being the same exact person MLK hated the most.

I don’t know you.

1 Like

can we get a tl;dr please i beg you

5 Likes

TL;DR Nelson (and by extension the entire community) aren’t learning from prior mistakes and negligence’s that occurred during 3.0, so those same problems will re-occur in 4.0.

4 Likes

Need I remind you how well 2b2t turned out?

tl;dr rain made another stupid political meme and people are angry at him, like last time. and the time before that. and the time before that. and before that.

2 Likes

ok thanks :smiley:

9 Likes

no problem friend.

I’ve always enjoyed your light-hearted satirical comedy.

6 Likes