When 4.0 INEVITABLY has everything I warned about

liked for this

4 Likes

inb4 thread lock because its ā€œunproductiveā€

its almost as if I have no control over these people coming in and shitting on my post.

4 Likes

Symptom of the larger circle jerk/hive mind/toxicity of the Unturned/Closed Circle community. Though a persons actions arenā€™t fully excused. Trying to prove that youā€™ve changed is the hardest part.

3 Likes

Leaving the Pineridge Discord is a very good first step, just a note for everyone reading.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, if youā€™re trying to escape hive mind mentality, then yes, if youā€™re trying to escape circle jerk mentality, leave the Forums/Unturned Community all together.

2 Likes

Lets both leave and go chill on a beach or something fun. Because this isnā€™t fun and honestly I donā€™t think its ever been fun. Itā€™s degrading if anything - degenerate, if youā€™d like to call it.

3 Likes

For sure, tbh Iā€™ve just kinda stopped interacting much on the forums. I only really respond to ā€œbig threadsā€ that I can some what contribute to, or threads that donā€™t exactly relate to Unturned, such as the ā€œFav Youtubersā€ thread. I donā€™t really ever comment on your threads, since most unique takes are drowned out by what you can see above. Not to say theyā€™re wrong, but rather that I donā€™t feel like I can add much to the discussion.

3 Likes

There isnā€™t much for me to add to the discussion on my end either. Replying to these people seems pointless because the answers to their crap is literally so obvious to me, it honestly gets infuriating, tedious, annoying, relentless. Essentially every big thread Iā€™ve ever made gets drowned out by unproductive nonsense, ā€œhaha rainā€ memes, and shit retorts that are just ad hominemā€™s.

that beach is starting to look hella nice.

5 Likes

Yeah it is a nice beach.

Tbh, it kinda is pointless. Youā€™ve already explained your position, youā€™d just be repeating yourself at that point. Might as well just quote where youā€™ve explained your position.

To quote Nolan, ā€œPeople shit on him, then he acts out, then people act like this wasnā€™t expected, then they make a big deal about it.ā€

I do enjoy talking to you Rain, even if I donā€™t agree with you, itā€™s interesting talking to someone who has a different perspective.

There have been zero reports coming out of this topic. Staff would be able to react quicker to trouble posts/users if the report button was used by anyone who has had to read such inappropriate posts.

EDIT: To clarify, Iā€™ve cleaned up the specific post thatā€™s been quoted a bunch now. Earlier, staff removed several other shorter posts.

EDIT 2: Reports should also be made regarding title editing / category switching if you ever feel it wasnā€™t done in good faith.

2 Likes

both sides are idiots

5 Likes

ah yes, the negotiator enlightened centrist

4 Likes

4 Likes

all these people having meaningful discussionā€¦

i just wanna grill for god sake!

2 Likes

who said they were meaningful doe?

:flushed: uh oh

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m out of the loop, but the anti-consumer aspect surprises me. My opinion is that the long-term continued support of Unturned 3.0 e.g. the recent foliage consolidation update is pro-consumer, and hopefully builds confidence in the future of both games.

18 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure being too lazy to develop your own plugin API and let a private third-party handle it, then giving them legitimate authority over it. Of course, talking about RMod and Sven. In fact this has been discussed since 2018 and all you, Nelson, have done is defend Svenā€™s actions.

First, Sven writing a code into RocketMod nicknamed flying mushrooms which was something, when read backwards, was a way to hard-ban anyone he personally didnā€™t like from all RocketMod servers through the users S64ID. Server hosters running RM has no choice and essentially no hosters even knew about this. Infact, to this day hardly anyone knows about this.

Second, Sven writing an arbitrary plugin/website nicknamed ā€œObservatoryā€ which was a consentual service server-hosters could opt-in to where moderators of servers would ban a hacker from their server and submit evidence to the Observatory website for a jury of users to hold a trial on whether or not that user was hacking. It sounds great in practice, and sounds consensual. Except Sven turned it from a downloadable plugin to something that is fundamentally built-in to RM, and was by by-default enabled. Hardly any server hosters running RM knew what Observatory is, so they had no reason to switch it from the default ā€œtrueā€ to ā€œfalseā€ (or enabled to disabled).

On top of forcing Observatory to be apart of RM (when nobody asked for that), he decided to abuse his unique power, or ownership, of Observatory to ban people he personally disliked without any trial, no other jurors, and no photographic evidence required.

As you know, because you defended him, he banned a popular figure named @ItzEdInYourBed because he was vaguely associated with hack-client developers, and never helped them develop hacks nor used their hacks. You blatantly defended his actions publicly on the SDG forums.

ā€œI have no control over Rocket because itā€™s entirely separate from Unturned,ā€

You had every ability to make a good plugin API apart of the base game instead of officially handing over this power, that you may or may not have known could (and evidently was) abused.

ā€œbut even if I did I would be glad to retain Sven as its developer. While itā€™s possible to bring up some examples of rude behavior on his part Iā€™m sure thatā€™s true for all of us at one point or another, and it can be especially difficult to keep a cool headā€

Then you defend his blatant, intentional abuse by saying we all ā€œlose our coolā€ aka ā€œmake mistakesā€. This is not a mistake. This wasnā€™t a one-time thing. He planned this out, coded this out, and abused his unique privilege that you both indirectly/directly gave him.

Third, not to mention the hellhole and joke of a Discord you let him officially run on your behalf, possibly one of the worst official game-discords Iā€™ve ever attempted to participate in.

There are a few other minor examples, like Svenā€™s personal character, as he has endlessly and historically been a major ā– ā– ā– ā–  to almost everyone, but I think that goes into the realm of being too subjective. Everything so far has been objective, and undeniable.

If you donā€™t consider these things totally anti-consumer, then I think thereā€™s a problem. Even if you never expected or anticipated for these things to happen, they happened, and instead of acknowledging the problem, you decided to, @Armaros take it away

While yes, this is very pro-consumer, there is a lot more than that.

The reason a lot of these things I write about are ā€œinevitableā€ is because as far as I see, you arenā€™t learning from these things that donā€™t exactly directly involve the game like the code, but things that can mold and shape the game, itā€™s community, and how the game is enjoyed or used. Things beyond and outside of the box that need to be accounted for.

I donā€™t blame you, I donā€™t mean to be passive-aggressive, but this is just one facet of the anti-consumer, anti-player things that I am talking about, and I make these posts to shed light on them, then get shit on, and then donā€™t have the time or mental capacity to deal with the endless toxicity, aggressive memes, harassment, stalking, death threats, doxxing, impersonation, abuse, and other things that Iā€™ve endured.

ā€œIā€™m sure thatā€™s true for all of us at one point or another, and it can be especially difficult to keep a cool head when dealing with other rude comments.ā€

stop playing the victim card every time you make another post with nonsense political ideology and then being called out for it. you know whats going to happen. you do it anyway. you cry fascism and say youre leaving. then you crawl right back. its 2020 rain lets actually learn a lesson or five here.

4 Likes