Why is the character being remodelled?

I didnt follow the devlogs a lot recently, and im confused about the charactre model. The first model was pretty good, why is Nelson remaking it to a thicker model?

1 Like

I assume by first model you mean the first model he showed off for II? Might want to clarify that in case people think you mean 3.0’s model.

I also dislike the thicker arms and I hope they get sized down a bit more, but other than that I think the playermodel is in a good place right now. Even if the arms aren’t changed I guess I won’t have too much of an issue with that, but it’d be overall a lot nicer for them to be thinner.

11 Likes

Yeah i mean the first one. The thinner arms were a lot better, they didnt look like boxes. That’s my only problem with it.

7 Likes

The first slim model made it look like slenderman and thats not who we are so he decided to change it to a better model

2 Likes

It is who we are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The original model was not good for animation because it made a lot of the same mistakes as U3’s model, which is why it (eventually) became the “slenderman” model, which was disliked due to its weird and overly-lanky proportions.

That model was adjusted (eventually) to the current model, which still has “thinner” proportions compared to the U3 model, and shares things with the first model like a smaller head and tighter hitboxes.

7 Likes

He made a post of character concepts. He should model one of those. Interesting character style concept art

Has it actually happened? Has Molton made a spelling mistake?? I think I’m hyperventilating this can’t be real

5 Likes

Just to clarify, Nelson didn’t make those.

First I should just say that these aren’t mine, rather I was asked to post them anonymously.

1 Like

It was too Slim and looked odd

I mean the Devlog 1 model. It didnt look that odd honestly.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.