WO's NEW MECHANICS & NEW ITEMS

NEW MECHANICS

Placeable items:

The possibility to place objects on different surfaces, thus turning them into static, non-disappearing objects. With the ability to pick them up at any time in the inventory. An innovation that will greatly enliven the decor.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

Fire:

Adding the fire as a full-fledged mechanic. It would be cool to see Molotov cocktails and flamethrowers in the game. To make the fire spread across the grass for some distance, trees and other bushes burned (as in the Far Cry series of games).
It is also worth adding the mechanics of Combustion of players, which can be eliminated with the help of water or rolling on the ground. Another innovation may be the use of fire as a RAID item, but this can devalue wooden buildings.
But so that this does not become a big problem, you can reduce the fire damage inflicted on buildings, as well as limit or slow down its spread on the buildings of players.
To solve this problem, you can reduce the fire damage caused to buildings, as well as limit or slow its spread to the player’s buildings.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

Throwable items:

The ability to throw items to another player such as: weapons, ammunition, medicines, unused grenades, food. Put a certain radius of the throw depending on the weight of the object. To catch an item, the player must aim the scope at the area of the flying object and hold the “F” button, with a certain animation, he will catch the item. If the catcher’s hands are empty, then the caught item will pass into the hands of the player, in another situation, he puts the item in the backpack. (if there is no space, the player will drop an item, also with a certain animation)

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

Throwable objects:

An addition to the previous article. The ability to throw various small and relatively light objects (maximum gas cylinder) in the direction of the crosshair. Mechanics will allow you to throw objects at others, as well as use improvised weapons, because you can always throw a mug and an axe. Blunt objects will cause a micro-stun effect or simply cause damage. While the sharp ones (axe, knife, spear) stick into the player’s body, causing high damage and bleeding effect, as well as a micro-stun if it’s a massive item. Each throwing object must have it’s own speed of flight and animation, as well as a HitBox.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

Gas cylinders:

Adding gas cylinders (OF COURSE RED), during the shot in which or after the throw of which an explosion occurs (preferably with a slight delay, as it is done in Dying Light and others)

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

Distance calculation:

Another function from the emotions menu is the ability to lock onto the point and determine the estimated distance. Or on another player, with the answer from him, will mark the silhouette of the player for a while, where he was, at what (more accurate) distance and in what direction he went. (explanation of the exact number of meters: two of you, two means smarter). The response will also occur via the context menu, by a check mark or a cross

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

SURVIVAL MECHANICS

We think that the new Unturned 4.0 should be heavier in terms of survival. You should add some new parameters (these include the weight parameter that has already been added) such as:

1. Temperature:

The temperature (on all maps) that inflict negative effects.

For example: if the player is cold, then his hands is shaking, causing the sight to shake, and he begins to move slower (this will apply to the Raid and all other actions: get things, weapons, eat food, etc.), also, the player can die of cold, if his temperature reaches a critical level. In contrast to the cold, the Heat will make you tired faster, the character will often wipe the sweat from his face (thus, making it difficult to see), the coordination of walking will deteriorate (the effect of sunstroke), the thirst parameter will grow

You should also add elements for adjusting these parameters. The frozen player will be able to warm up if he runs, puts on warm clothes, stands near the fire and enters the room. Also, the player who is suffering from heat will be able to reduce the temperature level by taking a quiet step, hiding from the sun, swimming, drinking water, taking off warm clothes, getting caught in the rain, etc.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Humidity:

Parameter for clothing humidity. This parameter will affect the body temperature, weight of equipment, and speed of movement. But it must be realized correctly, so that it’s logical and reasonable. The percentage of humidity will depend on the time spent in the rain and the coefficient of moisture resistance of the wearable clothing.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Noise:

In General, I would like all objects to have their own sounds. So that when you drop an item from the inventory or take it to the inventory, there is a special sound, with different noise levels. For example, a fallen jar of nails will make more sounds than a fallen juice bag. You can also add a hidden item lifting mechanic by holding down the shift key (or some other key).
The player will lift the item more quietly, but more slowly. All this will affect the overall noise level, which will affect the number of zombies.
This indicator will be linked to different locations and will count all the noise that is made by players in them.
From the noise made on the location will spawn additional zombies. You can also divide this indicator into levels, well, there is the first noise level: +3 zombies. Second noise level: + 7 zombies, etc.
The noise level will decrease over time, and the incoming zombies will disappear as this parameter is lowered.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Footprints:

Add the appearance of footprints to the mechanics of walking. When the player walks on the ground, it will leave traces that will disappear after a while (for example, 5 minutes). When exposed to rain, the tracks will look clearer, but the rain will wash away existing tracks and reduce the visibility of new ones (for example, 2 minutes), but this should still depend on the type of soil (mud, grass, asphalt, etc.). There is also a suggestion to add the ability for players to pollute their shoes, that is, if the player will walk in the mud, then there will be a certain number of steps to leave dirty footprints in the room, which will remain longer because there is little effect on them in the room (for example, 10 minutes). Another condition may be spilled liquids in puddles, for example, you can clean shoes, and if the player stands on blood, it will also leave traces. The injured player must leave bloody streaks behind until the bleeding stops, this will add some element of tracking.

/you can also add animal footprints, normal and bloody/

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

NEW ITEMS

Here is a list of items that we would like to see in the game.

1. Police and Military shields. They will block hits, have their own durability. After which they will no longer block hits. Heavy sniper rifles will ignore shield armor and machine guns will break shields faster than other weapons. When the shield’s strength drops to 25%, a loud crack will be heard, which will serve as the only indicator of its strength (except for the description in the inventory). The police shield will not block the view, because it will be made of transparent material (it should crack with each hit). The shield will allow you to fire with a pistol, but at the same you can take a hit in your hand. The military shield will reduce visibility, have more strength and have a cutout for weapons (the shooter remains invulnerable) The “Military” class will be able to use submachine guns alongside pistols. If the shield is not selected like an active slot it will hang on the back and also give protection.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Spray paint – you can draw on any texture what you want. You can enter a variety of colors, also, in a pair to this item, you should add boxes with paint, with which you can refill the spray can. You can manually scrape it off with a spatula. On the player’s buildings will remain forever ( until it is erased or painted over with a different color )
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Grappling hook, after the throw will cling to the ledge. Then you can climb it manually. The player presses the interaction button and can move and sway. (like in Rainbow Six Siege). You can collapse it after use. Reusable.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. All kinds of additional containers-pouches, purses, etc.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Climbing kit-allows you to climb on steep surfaces-rocks, etc.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Rope with a carabiner and stakes - fixed somewhere on the rock, provides a safe descent from it. It has several uses. You can make use of the height indicator. For example: 30 meters of rope will be spent depending on the height of the ledge.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Whistle - summons the zombie to the point where the player has whistled. (May be present as an item and gesture)
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Drones - launches a quadcopter with a built-in camera. The player controls it as any air transport and looks from it. Can be shot down by shots, requires a battery item.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Cigarettes - more pathos than pathos. You can also use it as a currency and add dependency, which will reduce the overall stamina coefficient.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Special throwing weapons by type: knives, axes, etc.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Military thermal imaging sights
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Handcrafted distraction grenade – noise maker. Can be made of firecrackers
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. A wind tube is a ranged weapon (it would be nice to use it on a separate button), as well as custom darts to it, which can be covered with different poisons and mixtures
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Arrows with a rope: allows you to shoot a special arrow at the nearest wooden (or other weak) object. Then secure this rope by wrapping it around another object or by nailing it to the object with stakes. (as done in Tomb Raider) After that you can climb or glide over it.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. The ice axe is a melee weapon that also allows you to quickly slide along the ropes.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Banana peel - / my friend crazy bastard / fun and funny, when a player falls animation is triggered ( the character rubs his head and stars fly over him) only after which the player can get up. If you fall under the influence of adrenaline, then there will be a skip of animation and the player will only need to get up (to get up you need to press the jump button). after the first application, the banana peel disappears.
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Cart - allows you to drag a cart that will serve as a mobile warehouse for items. For example to transport logs
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Updated fire - fuel is wood, sticks, paper, wooden objects (must be visualized so that you can see where you put the wood and how they lie) after it is set on fire, you can not lift it, you can only pick up unburned fuel. After itself leaves charred logs and ash. It disappears after a large amount of time or with a 20% chance after rain. On the fire, you can cook food, and you can also get a burning stick from it, which will serve as a torch for a while (as in The Long Dark). Also it increases the temperature in a small radius around it
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1. Guitar - an interactive musical object, a good addition to the fire!
  • May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1 Like

People are just going to draw swatsi- ahem “friendship windmills” and poor images of the male reproductive system.

3 Likes

I wonder how that’s supposed to look like.

You know, while playing Unturned I saw flying buildings in the form of friendship windmills. So nothing to surprise me now. And spray cans will allow you to do some sort of marks, stories and other narrative things

for someone way to paint “ducks”
for others - art & fun

1 Like

yes please

In a previous thread about fire effects I accidentally started a huge debate between me and Chicoboo about whether or not burning down wooden structures would be overpowered, and honestly I don’t want to start that again.

Make it only able to burn down certain things

I’d like to be able to just throw any object, for multiple reasons.

1. Harassing my friend by covering his cars in empty magazines
  2. Throwing eggs at people (give me one good reason not to)
  3. Who the hell doesn’t want to throw stuff

Make eggs do a guaranteed 1 damage regardless of armor

SHOOTING PROPANE TANKS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT (GONE WRONG) (GONE SEXUAL) DANABY2 SPOTTED 3AM CHALLENGE NOT CLICKBAIT!!1!!11!!!1!

I’m very confused on this one, but I’m just gonna say use the rangefinder.

Honestly would make the game more immersive, but you have to remember not to overdo it.

I’d say remove or tone down the slowness debuff but ehh…
The rest would be a lot better than just watching your health go down as a little snowflake appears above your stat bars.

Not sure about the part with temperatures for individual clothing but the rest sounds fine.
The issue with individual clothing is that it can, in certain situations, force players to carry extra clothing items in their inventory, effectively reducing the total carry space. I think this would be interesting in a mod (RLTurned when?) but for normal gameplay it’d be too much of a burden.

I’m taking inspiration from BoTW for this one, but a sound meter (or whatever that little device is) should be available (in a mod is fine) to view how much sound you’re making. In BoTW the enemies react when you make loud sounds near them, and in Unturned It would add more immersion and realism, but not too much of it.

The only issue I’m seeing with a lot of these is that they have to have some kind of special keybind (this is kind of a bad example, you could just hold F) and too many keybinds can be hard for newer players. Doom Eternal has lots of individual keybinds for different actions, but it’s easy to master and makes it more fun.

Instead of spawning based on noise, they should spawn based on the size of the location. Otherwise, having an entire group in a small town would start a mini-apocalypse inside an apocalypse.

Kind of a cool concept, actually. A problem would be hit detection though, because they only exist on one side of the player and can’t block everything in a 360-degree circle at once.

cl_interp flashbacks

Do this with the frying pan because it’s a fucking meme

Why a spatula
Out of all things to scrape off spray paint with why would you use a damn spatula
Other than that, good suggestion

Make sure the hentai artists are left uninformed about this one

Kind of reminds me of the rope and grappling hook in Starbound, except that you can reel them in instead of climbing them.

iirc this is already implemented and has something to do with vests, I don’t have access to the beta so I don’t know.

I can see many ways this could be abused…

Counter Strike decoy-esque item?

Blowdarts would be a pretty cool feature, I can see them functioning similar to bows.

I’m not exactly sure what this means but I’m thinking of an item that lets you glide along the ropes like a zipline?

I might not be your friend but I am indeed a crazy bastard

For people without cars, sounds plausible

Kind of a bit too advanced, instead of this what if you toned it down to just fuel types and better cooking?
Pretty sure there was a thread about cooking but I can’t remember where it was

This exists in the More Farming Mod in U3, but since it’s classified as a weapon it’s a bit buggy. It would be cool to make custom items in U4 modding though.

It’s a ninja star what do you mean man

pee pee lol

I’d expect nothing less from a open-world multiplayer game.

Good point though, in servers with more ahem reasonable people, this would be neat.

Source sprays

1 Like

Well there is a solution to this problem, in another document - to cover the walls with concrete or stone, cheap material coming in gradation immediately after the tree

AHEM, HOW DARE YOU, EVERYONE MUST BE INFORMED. It is an ART damn it

Yes, this is exactly what was meant

1 Like

so? if people can do that then they can do that

One way to make sure there are no questionable symbols used would be community chosen images. The admins, developers etc. can quickly decide which pictures aren’t controversal and add them. The downsides are more work for one feature and limited possibilities to express yourself. Also, should restriction of this scale be applied to only servers or the entire game? The latter would be less work.

Hey, i think that no need to change the proposed option with a spray paint.Firstly, who in the 21st century is not used to the idiocy of others. Secondly, normal people will find this good use.

1 Like

Maybe some additional suggestion: Different drawing materials or items having different depiction styles:
Chalk: lines have a stained appearence
Spray paint: image appear faint along their edges, transition of strength
paint bucket: Colors have hard edges, no transition or pattern

1 Like

Ohh, it sounds great. I also thought about something like this. But first I had to find out if people would like it. And now I can say that it looks better and better

Add a poll then. (Can be accessed through the gear wheel under “Build Poll” in the post editor.)

my man here watermarking suggestions

I didn’t understand this Idea of your’s can some please explain it to me.Is it a function where players will be able to use items like range finders(see pictures) and if yes, would it be interesting that different rage finders have different acuracie ,max rangeand calculation times?For example a laser civilian range finder will have a max range of 500m and it’s laser so it automatically calculated the distance at about 2 to 5 seconds(the greater the distance the greater the calculation time) with an acuracy of 40m and the military range finder(look at german WW2 picture) will have a max range of 2000m but because it is optical it’s acuracie and calculation speed depends on the player’s “optics skills”(optic skills would be skills that will help the player have more view range while in scope or rangefinding better ingame) the less skilled the player the less acurate it is(acuracy goes from 200m to 50m for example).
Civilian laser range finder
Unknown-7
WW2 german optic rangefinder
Unknown-6
EDIT:BIG OOF I forgot to add some infos and the pictures.

…you guys gonna… Yeah okay, let’s just get it out of the way… Military crap isn’t 100% better. And also I’m relatively sure they still use las rangefinders because that’s much easier, unless you’re far away enough where the laser is not usable, in which case you’d of course use a scope. Also, here’s a modern US RF.

1 Like

Can’t we just say “fuck it” and let people have custom sprays? It works perfectly fine in many other games, and Team Fortress 2 is a notable example. Yes, there are nsfw sprays, and yes there are people that spam them but you don’t really see anybody complaining about them, do you? Simply the fact that they’ve been around for so long without anybody to challenge them to a high degree means that it’s a solid system.

banana bruh pjpaw

1 Like

Grappling hook, Climbing kit, Rope arrows? What? Sure those things exist but I don’t see the average Joe being able to do these things, Like I like the idea of slowly climbing a rope, or going down a rope with your hands and feet, but no way would people would be swinging around a grappling hook with an AR on their back and a bunch of canned beans in their pockets,
Climbing kit? Good idea, Like the idea of climbing is good, but you wouldn’t need a climbing kit to climb irl so it makes no sense to have it here
Rope arrows are just, Yeah no, Tomb raider is cool 'n all and ik Unturned isn’t known for the most accurate physics in games, but the arrow would just snap or the wooden beam would just break, Personally I love the idea of zip lining everywhere but save that for Dying light 2 and keep the ideas of whistling and calling zombies, because if zombies are actually going to be tough in UII it’d be nice to use zombies as a way to kill/distract players.

1 Like

I’m prety sure they will try and make it so that they can fight at long distances, if it isn’t what reality gave us then maybe the game will have to be “unrealistic” by giving rare military stuff better specs which I think is logical.

Never said they didn’t use them, as I was using the example of a WW2 german ange finder, ofcourse laser rangefinders are easier to use and most likely what army used but I used the optical WW2 rangefinder to show how optic rangefinders works as I already posted the picture of what I think is a laser civilian range finder :stuck_out_tongue:.

Nice picture why not make him into the game?

I do not know where I made an mistake in the explanation. The bottom line was that the player can determine the estimated distance without using a range meter. Also with this thing you could highlight the player in the distance. See exactly the distance to him, see the marker where he stood and which way he went (how is it done in splinter cell)