Zombie "Search" mechanic

So to make the game feel more survival type, I think having to search the zombies instead of them just dropping items would help. This probably isn’t going to be THAT hard to do. I was thinking when searching the zombie, an inventory “box” popping up on the right (like searching a crate nowadays) would be good enough.

Now the downsides are that this would mean everybody would have ragdolls on by default, and if there were too many it’d be hard to search each and every one.

I think adding onto this, what zombies wear is what they drop. If they’re wearing a military vest, they should drop one. Not a green smoke grenade.

It’s probably useless at this point, it’s more likely something useable can be found in their pack. And smoke grenade are known for long shelf life. Hey, why not have zombies that use smoke grenades? Adds a bit of strategy to killing them.

Searchable bodies are already planned

And I think he’s already done it according to GitHub

2 Likes

I feel like that would end up being overpowered. Imagine searching syndicate zombies. Since they’re based off of players, imagine what we’d find then.

Most zombies probably wouldn’t be carrying much, and what they have would probably be damaged, rotten, or incomplete.

1 Like

Well if its anything like twd, i think you might wanna wash the blood and guts off that vest xd

Don’t forget that for some reason, they drop a box full of ammo

It’s all in their bag. Anything they’re wearing is generally infected or worn beyond use.

Well, not necessarily worn beyond use, anything would be better than running around with bare hands and a bare butt. Even when an item is worn out severely, it would still provide some use to a fresh spawn, or for crafting.

First you have the problem that it’s been worn by a zombie for a long period of time, and you also have the problem of Unturned becoming a scrap fest of every single zombie is loot able.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.