Zombies rework for 4.0

Zombies rework:

Types of ‘normal’ zombies:

• Walker (Normal zombie, can be male/female)
  • Zombie dog (Fast dog, causes bleeding on attack. Easy to kill.)
  • Crawler (Like the current one, can be male/female // would be better to make it leg-less)
  • Twitcher (Like the current ‘sprinter’ except it can be visibly distinguished as malnourished and shaky. can be Male/female)
  • Fat (Normal zombie, can be male/female, visibly fatter and has more hitpoints. Slowest among the latter.)

Types of Tier 1 zombies:

• Flaming (A Walker/Twitcher which is burning due to walking over flames or being set on fire. Does not explode into flames upon death like the current one, instead has a small fire damage aura to hurt players that try to melee it.)
  • Irradiated (Like the current ‘spitter’. Can only be a walker. Works the same way as the current ‘spitter’ does except it is visually distinguishable as more exposed to radiation,weakened and green colored vomit/drool falling from its mouth. Also the vomit color needs to be a mixture of shades of green and not cyan.)
  • Bloat (When a ‘fat’ zombie meets the above, ‘irradiated’ zombie it becomes a Bloat. Bloats work the same way as the normal irradiated zombies, except they’re more tanky and explode upon death, resulting in noxious acid(puke) spilling everywhere around them.)

Types of Tier 2 zombies:

• Siren (A female zombie, visibly thin and face covered(almost completely) with long hair. Has extremely low hp, does no damage. Is a one headshot one kill with almost,if not every gun/melee. When alerted screams in a high pitch alerting every other zombie within a certain radius.)

Types of Tier 3 zombies(bosses):

• Behemoth (Just a different name for the current mega zombie. Very tanky and does massive damage. Damage from boulder should be > Damage from hit. Should also be able to Charge/grab players and throw them at other players/environment for similar damage to a boulder hit.) P.S - maybe add the groundpounder’s stomp ability to it? Though I fear that may be too op.

• Bones (A unique type of ‘behemoth’. Has sharp edged bones/spikes sticking out of its elbows/back. Similar stats as the behemoth, slightly more hp. Can go into shield mode, by crouching down and covering the front body with his spiky arms causing all damage coming from all sides to be reduced to 0. Will automatically leave shield mode after some time, process can be fastened if a grenade/explosive damage is done to it, resulting in breaking the shield mode and maybe stunning it? Can also charge players, though has a 2 second long animation before doing so. Does massive damage if hit by a charge(due to spikes) and causes bleeding too.

Feel anything is missing/Too overpowered/not fitting? Let me know in the comments!

Also, please don’t feel that all these suggestions like ‘twitcher’ and ‘bloat’ are OP just from their names, I just chose some fancy words for them, inspired from games like L4D2,Dead Frontier, etc.

3 Likes

I really feel that this is overcomplicating Zombies, and adding a near dozen instead of five or six.

Not sure why some of these would exist, especially ‘Bones’ or ‘Twitcher’ (Maybe he streams video games?).

1 Like

This is just the current zombies with a fancier name and more effort put into making them.

Also, the ‘Bones’ was just because Behemoth felt lonely :frowning:

1 Like

Siren

NO. FUCK OFF WITH THAT. SIRENS ARE BULLSHIT.

4 Likes

The siren idea is a good one, but I reckon that adding a different radius of alerting zombies depending on the difficulty would help a lot.

2 Likes

Dead Frontier much? xD

Am I the only one who thought that the ground pounder boss zombie is just a normal mega zombie who forgot to throw boulders so it resulted to jumping up and down as a substitute

I don’t think adding the ground pounder ability to the normal mega zombie would do much anyways, considering how most people don’t engage them with melee weapons and it’s just another incentive to shoot them at a farther range

You want us to melee a mega zombie??

I personally want the zombies to be improved upon. Not so much more types of zombies being added but the current zombies having detailed models with different behaviors to show variety, and a concrete reason for such a zombie to exist.

I’m fine with more types of zombies but they seem out of place for the unturned maps and I think they should have their own setting to accompany their abilities. Fire zombies spawn near burned down structures, acid zombies spawn in or near irradiated zones/toxic areas and things like sprinters and crawlers becoming those types of zombies from their walker counterparts by being in an environment that would suit those changes, walker falls from a building and becomes a crawler and a sprinter learning how to run on all fours if left out in the wild to catch prey.

I’ve always liked the whole “siren zombie” idea but this game can do without it unless Nelson makes it unique in comparison to its zombie game cousins.

I guess I would rather he improved whats already there instead of a bunch of new zombies being added right from the get-go despite some of them being fun to fight.

3 Likes

I fully agree, all the zombies just feel and behave the same.
to quote my Dear Nelson: My 4.x wishlist (shameless self-promotion, i know):

More Zombie Diversity
I am not talking about the “special infected”.
The regular zombies all look the same in the previous Unturned games and, they all behave the same and are very predictable. This should be changed.

The zombies should be more diverse in terms of skin tone/color, faces (currently there’s only one face for the zombies. 2-3 more wouldn’t hurt), hair and facial hair, gender (now that Nelson is introducing a female player model, this will probably be implemented) as well as decomposition (broken/detached/missing limbs, wounds, bite marks and so on) and behavior (some would grab the players and hold on to them and/or try to bring them down, some would slash/bash them as they currently do, some would have slightly, but noticeably different movement speed. Also, some would move directly towards the players, without regards of obstacles and would mostly get stuck on them (fall down stairs, down holes, stumble over rough terrain), while some would behave like current zombies and try to avoid the obstacles).

But perhaps the most important thing is the animation. The zombies should be less coordinated in their movement. They should be shambling towards the players (the way in which they move towards the player should also be diverse), instead of holding their arms up and beaming towards the player as they currently do. They would sometimes stumble to the side and/or fall down.
Receiving damage would influence this. Suffering leg damage would slow down a zombie and/or make him crawl, arm damage would restrict a zombie from grabbing a player, head trauma would make a zombie slower and more prone to stumbling and so on.

Hey Nice work!
The zombies you are going to be adding is a bit like 7-Days-To-Die Zombies and I like it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.