How about a paid 4.0?

A price tag would not keep out the kids out as they already can ask their parents for cash and the would get it nowadays or just steal their credit cart.

I’m going to post a friendly reminder to everyone to keep your posts on topic please. Don’t carry over any discussion to this topic that’s not relevant to the subject. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

That is pretty unlikely
It happens a lot, sure, but when exactly does it happen?
70% of Unturned’s community doesn’t have Gold and almost all of them are kids who can’t pay. Keep in mind that 3.x is very simple, CSGO is extremely popular and competitive, and GTA V is very popular and has nudity. 4.x is going to be more complex than 3.x. it’s gonna focus more on survival than just “killing people for fun” which is what kids wants.

3 Likes

I think that it would be reasonable to do something where Unturned 4 is either 1 USD which unlocks everything or have it where the survival game part is open and then the PVP servers (few ones be it) are unlockable by buying a DLC so that the other servers are instantly PVE and that way you can play normal Unturned 4 without having the toxicity.

The DLC idea is pretty bad. Putting a price on a community feature that was a part of 3.0 pretty much makes zero sense. Why would you make people pay for PvP mode?

5 Likes

nonononononononononononoononononononononononononononononononoonononononooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I think my point is clear.

2 Likes

I actually thing if lets say the game cost $5 okay? then have it so u get a crate and a key every 24 hours if u want more keys then yea pay for them but u basically get 1 key free every 24 hours

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not.

Been confirmed that that 4.0 will be free also, what makes you think that we’re going to have crates and keys (cosmetics/skins) ?

2 Likes

because thats how nelson made like 99% of his money in order to be able to make 4.0 even possible i mean like sure they had memborship but lets say 10 people were playing the game and they all spent $100 on the game only 95% of thats from crates and if he needs to make a living off of the game then he needs money somehow and i believe crates

Nelson expressed in an interview from November that he doesn’t want to add cosmetics in 4.x to avoid micro transactions and to keep the game more serious. He’s been trying to find other ways of funding 4.x and so far it’s looking like an official server pass or some other form of DLC.

3 Likes

I see your point, but, the point of 3.0 was more shifted to PVP whereas Nelson stated that Unturned 4 will be much more heavily focused on PVE.

1 Like

3.0 was directed into PvP because the community whined for him to keep adding new guns and PvP features. 4.0 is meant to wipe the slate clean while fixing technical issues.

1 Like

Your point?

1 Like

Unturned 4 is a start over (and is more PvE like Unturned 2 was) and Unturned 3 was a PvP game due to the community wanting it.

1 Like

I was talking to the guy who basically just repeated what you said immediately above him

1 Like

Oh sorry then I thought you meant the whole discussion.

1 Like

that could be cool as well

1 Like

Curated Maps DLC ftw

Would give us curated map makers some good dosh

1 Like

Yeah, csgo showcases community maps very well. For anyone that doesn’t know, they have an operation every once in a while (sometimes a full year will pass between events) and in the operation they add 7 of the best community maps to their map pool (Unturned could do 2-3). These are free and accessible to anyone. However, there’s a purchasable operation pass that gives you a lot of missions to do on several maps.

The reason this works so well is because it means that the maps won’t permanently split the community like 3 does. With each new curated map, they’re amazing and all, but they really divide the community because it forces players to pick a favorite (out of 8 maps now, there’s too many). This leaves a lot of servers empty. A temporary event lasting 2-3 months would give the map makers lots of attention and praise for their maps, support them since they get a share of the purchasable pass, and then restore the official maps to keep the community on the same page.

These maps are straight from the workshop so it’s not like they’re dying after the operation or anything like that. And in really rare instances, csgo will accept the very best community made maps into the official map pool (The Unturned equivalent would be something as good as Russia getting accepted). 4.x could really benefit from a similar event showcasing maps with a purchasable quest book that gets players traveling through all of the maps to complete their quests.

3 Likes