A warning against 'The Paywall'

Presumably there would be purchasable ranks and stuff. If not, then there would still be large groups of players with steam groups and stuff.

1 Like

Y would their be purchasable ranks in nelsons official vanilla servers?

13 Likes

Do you even know what we are talking about?

4 Likes

yeah, but go ahead and explain to me if there is something wrong with what I said.

for more f u n d s

if there was a paywall, it could keep out the 10 year oldā€™sā€¦

but then again, the game needs ten year oldā€™s to sustain its self

1 Like

You really think Nelson would stoop so low to make payed ranks? He isnā€™tā€¦ Whig whats that companies name that buys games with potential from small developers then spam them with payed stuff?

Whatever. Anyways, Nelson is a nice dude that makes unturned as a hobby, not a person obsessed with earning money

6 Likes

You high or something? Nelson has stated MANY TIMES that the only thing youā€™d buy is the pass into the official servers. Thats it. I literally have no idea where you are coming up with these outlandish statements.

10 Likes

maybe you should have some evidence before making an outlandish claim. Arenā€™t people taught this in school?

7 Likes

Can someone explain to me what the problem is? That there will be strong clans in the server? I dont get it. If there is a strong clan on the server and everyone is complaining about it, make your own clan and fight them.

I might have missed the point

1 Like

LOL.

I canā€™t even understand what you are trying to achieve here, to be fair.

People have been paying for gold for multiple purposes, not exactly just for gold servers.
With this official servers thing, only people who wants to play in official servers will pay for this. This is the exact purpose, the revenue will go for servers.

At this point, you are underestimating how many people will play on official servers or not. People who wants to play without paying any money can still play on a server, and believe me, there is a lot of people.

Dudeā€¦ what? What distasteful thinking? He had a point, and you are just ignoring him.

As @anon26840272 said: ā€œIsnā€™t that the business model of every fucking paid server company to exist?ā€

You are paying for the DLC, for the servers. Your comparison between other pay to play games doesnā€™t make any sense, because they cost money already.

16 Likes

Not if its set to gold difficulty. Which was the type of server being compared to official servers in my reply you elusively responded to.

1 Like

The difference is that community servers have to fund themselves through external means, donations or in-game advantages.

IE: the pay to win you CONSTANTLY, ENDLESSLY scream about.

Since Official Servers are getting funds through the paywall, thereā€™s no incentive to add ranks, or op-kits you have to pay for. Since the servers are getting funded already and donā€™t need to sell in-game advantages to players.

And depending out how much the servers cost to run, heā€™ll make a profit. Which is good for us because heā€™ll have incentive to maintain the servers and continue to support the game, since itā€™s financially viable for him to do so.

6 Likes

I actually contemplated doing the same thing with whitelisted servers, but having them run by the dev himself does not only grant them more credibility but also longevity.

1 Like

I will pay to play, a lot of other people will too, sorry poor friends, Iā€™ll play with my other ones.

3 Likes

Well I am just gonna buy the pass for my poor friends. Checkmate.

1 Like

chaotic saint

1 Like

:clap: :clap: Eating Corpses :clap: :clap:

8 Likes

And just like that you ruined his entire carefully assembled argumentation. This is a work of art.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve already said Iā€™m gonna get the pass, smh fact check before you post.

24 Likes