About Unturned IIs' maps

Unturned IIs’ maps will probably be bigger than 3.0s’ so here is some thoughts about them and stuff on them…

the loot and placing of loot
Like in skoeldis post the ammo should be rarer
Ammo (rarity, amount, spawns)

and it should spawn in places where it would spawn on in real life too, Everything should spwan like that, clothes could spaw in wardrobes and not in bathtubs

special locations
there should be more special locations on the maps, for example air traffic Control Towers:

Air Traffic Control Towers

special locations with special uses, like the atc Towers int the post above.
MPC camps- whit tasks and trading
“events”- like military plane crashes where you can find military loot, wich of course some of it has taken a Little or a lot damage bc the crash.
airdrops, traincrashes and more…

the loot whould not specifically be dided like its now…
it should be something more like this.

in the military camps, zones and so on; there should be more rare stuff an more militqary grade stuff (obviously) and some “events” like an military conwoy that was raided by evil MPCs’ would have military grade loot too.
the farms have stuff that you would find on farms irl, the cities have stuff you could find there, the radiation zones has nothing special if there is no special locations.

so what im trying to say is that it doesnt really matter where the location is, it doesnt define what kind of loot or what kind of rarity type loot you find there, but the location defines it, and the rarer or more special the location is the more special and rarer is the danger too, like if you go to the military zones there will be more armored turned, not that they have more healt. they have military Equipment on them so they are more armored… there might be some unique mutations on them or something

like some creepy stuff from the Movie “annihilation”

the forest should be thicker

and if you want to build your home/outpost/commonwealth somewhere in the middle of the forest you should have to cut down trees from the way:

driving in the Woods:
the more you drive the same path the more you “work” on your road

you cut down trees and then drive the same path some time and it will start to form a dirt road. you know what they look like :smiley:

trees:
there is Always the same amount of trees in an certain area.
if you cut down a tree in an area it will start growing somewhere else: where at that time no players near.

so the more you cut down of the forest the more it will actually spread, so this would make the World live a Little more.
aslo cities, mabye when the server starts most of the cities are not that overgrown but then when time goes on vines and other plants start to grow in cities and some cities become very overgrown when others becomes less…

some cities might even have been “warzones” where the military has fought back against the turned… but lost… so there might be still military grade loot, and that city might be in a radiation zone bc they bombed the Place after they lost and tried to vipe out the turned like that…

cities where MPCs’ live

could be that some cities have living people in them. like MPCs’ living in the old skyscrapers above the turned, and that they would fight back against the hordes that come, aslo that if they get overwhelmed they would move to Another city (like some kind of longer events/seasons, so that the World would live more and not be so extremely dead… too dead)

so that the MPCs’ “live” too they trade with eachother and the “evil” MPCs’ the raiders, attacked the MPC survivorcamps and so on, so that they all moved around a Little, and they would talk about those things over the radios and walkie talkies, More information like the atc Towers.

2 Likes

We already have this type of loot distribution in 3.x, just play on PEI and Washington

yes it is true, but I meant that it should be like that in unturned II too cuz it works and it makes sence and all that you know, it should just be improved to II :smiley:

1 Like

As long as loot spawn tables and locations aren’t completely broken, they’re probably fine. Improvement beyond that is entirely subjective, but in my opinion it’s better to have a variety of maps offering different experiences than to have every map follow a single formula (regardless of whether that formula is to offer an even spread or rewarding progression of loot.)

2 Likes

PEIs and Washington’s loot distribution of people spawning all over the map is a horrible, horrible idea, as fully geared people can run into nakeds constantly. It’s just bad game design. You need to funnel geared players into certain regions, and there should be zero incentive to return. This concept is what made Russia and by extension Hawaii (I know, I know, but the aesthetic is what actually makes people hate it, it plays well) good maps. Germany made the same mistake, but sort of made up for it because it’s large sized.

2 Likes

Yes thats all true, but thats 3.0 problems, but in unturned II you shouldn’t have any reason to kill other survivors if they aren’t making a treath against you, like by pointing a gun at u or something like that. II is supposed to be a survival game where the evironment and the turned are the main treath and not the players.
I understand why its done in 3.0 how it is done and I’m okay with that :slight_smile:
But II is supposed ti be more survival, so it would be possible to make the maps as i have explained above and it would make the game more realistic and more fun to play :slight_smile:

Also the maps will be bigger so you shouldnt have to fear other players :slight_smile: just use the environment to your advantage, like a thick forest. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m hoping that they will be HUGE

If we look at the background picture from The “4.0 Wishlist” then I would say yes, they will be thicker

I love this idea and I even think that it has been talked about earlier, this would make it so you don’t need to have a tree growing up in the middle of your base.

I also think you should be able to use tools to make roads and paths

Okey so about the maps in 4.0

I do agree on that the map should not be entierly built in sections based on what loot that part of the map has, but as @anon67155151 said there should still be some sectioning of the map so that fresh spawns don’t run into thous geared players all the time, and also so that fresh spawns can’t spawn next to something as the Military base.

So a solution to that would be to still have sections of the map based on the loot that they contain, but it should not be as “strict” as it is now.

Example

Red area: where players can spawn, Lower tier loot

Blue area: Low and medium tier loot

Green area: Both low, medium and high tier gear

2 Likes

No matter how hard you make a game players will always kill players with more loot than them, and if you put them in the same locations, it will happen.

If someone spends 3 hours gearing up, and someone else spends 10 minutes, the person who is spending 10 minutes is far more likely to attempt to kill the geared player because they have less to live for, they still need to get geared, the geared guy needs to survive. This happens over and over again, and it is just human nature. No amount of PvE will prevent this, but making it so this isn’t a situation that happens often does.

Nelson simply can not continue using the same PEI, Washington, Germany esque map design, as it’s just absolutely subpar to russia/good map design. If he does, I will be seriously disapointed, and will probably take up map making.

1 Like

Yes thats true, but I believe that in U.II the guns will be much rarer and that would make the “10min” player have to attack the “3h” player with a kitchen knife, wich would give the 3h player an advantage bc the 3h player probably has some ranged weapon alreday like an crossbow, bow or a gun… so that would make the 10min player to reconsider it… but also that the game should habe a longer reapawn time, so that if you die to a player (that you attacked) your respawn time should for example be 3mins and that player would spawn further away from other players than else and if you died to the environment your respawn time would be under 20 sec or even instant…

1 Like

That still doesn’t fix bad map design. Ignoring the problem doesn’t make it go away.

I don’t think @MR meant that the maps should be of a bad designee, just that there will also be other factors in the game aswell as map designe that reduce kos/pvp

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.