Ammo (rarity, amount, spawns)

So I’m quite sure that it has been agreed on that ammo in 4.0 should not be as common as it is in 3.0. So I have a fiew ideas on how to make ammo more rare but still have it in a spot where you can get enough of it towards mid and late game.

Rarity

So I don’t think ammo should have the same rarity (as in how often you find it) everywhere on the map.
It should depend on what location it is (so ammo will be more common in a police station than what it is in a hunting cabin), how dangerous and hard it is to loot the area. So areas that are easy to access and less threatening will contain less ammo, while areas that are further away, harder to loot and more dangerous will contain higher amounts of ammo. This way the player has to work harder to acquire a lot of ammo and newly spawned players wont be swimming in ammo after 15 minutes of looting.

Kinda like how its in Russia where the loot gets better the further north you go.

Amount and Spawns

Not only should the rarity of the ammo be different depending on the area, but also how much spawns at once and the amount of spawns there is for ammo. So not only is it more rare for ammo to spawn in a hunting cabin but there are also less spawns for it and the amount of ammo per spawn is also lower, when in a police station it’s more common to spawn, there are more spawns for ammo and the amount that can spawn is also higher (NOTE: not saying that there should be a sea of ammo in police stations and military bases, just that they should be some of the better locations to find ammo in).

Some ideas of diffrent types of ammo spawns

Exactly how rare and how much bullets the containers should hold
is hard to suggest sinc we dont know how the gameplay will be

Individual/small stacks of bullets

• Common, could be found anywhere
    that you can find ammo

Small Ammo Boxes

• Also really common ammo spawn

• Many diffrent sizes

bild

Ammo Crates/Cans

• More rare

• Should be mostly found in military locations
    but also other ones

• Holds a lot of bullets

Older Ammo “Cans”

• Rarer sinc it contains a lot of bullets, should
    mostly be found in military bases

• Has to be opened before
    getting access to the ammo

• Contains a lot of smaller ammo packs

bild

Wooden Ammo Can container

• Contains multiple new or old ammo cans

• Very rare, should only be a military
    find with very fiew exceptions

bild

bild

Big Ammo Crates

• extremely rare, should only be a military spawn

• Can contain smaller ammo crates, cans and ammo packs

What do you think?

• Yes
  • Yes, but would change (What?)
  • maby/idk (Then think some more)
  • No (Why?)

0 voters

If you have any other ideas or ideas on what could change or be better just comment down below :slightly_smiling_face:
(Seriously if you have anything to say just comment, unless it’s something that can be left unsayed)

I feel that ammo should be found in different types all over the map, with certain calibers rarer than others, as well as certain types of ammo being more rare than others, in addition to the amount.

1 Like

Yes, I left that out sinc there are a lot of posts about that and this post would have been a lot longer if I would have included ammo types and calibers

And sinc you also made a post of it I dont feel like i need to repeat what you and others
have already suggested :slightly_smiling_face:

The idea of a tiered loot system is good. Different rarity and value at different locations will certainly be implemented, same as it was in Unturned II.

The only thing I worry about is having too many calibers and ammo types that overly complicates things and makes game-play not fun. Games like DayZ have different ammo types for every gun. Frankly I don’t think it really adds much to the game. Games like Unturned 3.0 and Rust do it better. Have “Rifle Ammo” and “Pistol Ammo” or “Military Ammo” or “Civilian Ammo”.

Makes playing the game simpler and more intuitive. Realism for realism sake doesn’t seem to be a smart idea.

2 Likes

Well ammo calibers have already kinda been confirmed if we look at devlog 5

At this point in the development I think everything is up for change.

why is the oil rig in the “low” part? That’s like, high tier loot location

im fine with large ammo boxes as long as you are only able to pick up the contents of those boxes

1 Like

i kinda hate the fact that the pic u showed it forces people to go upwards to get to higher better loot which is not bad but i would love to see loot scattered all around the map(s) in unturned II

1 Like

I’d like there to be good loot anywhere on the map, but the best and biggest locations should not be close to player spawns so we don’t have fresh spawns running around with assault rifles after 10 min

Then it is a miss with the chart, but Id assume that it can be so low down on the map since its a dead zone and you need a helicopter to get up there (or you know, build your way up…)

I assume you mean that you should not be able to pick up the big cases, I actually have a topic in the making wich is about looting bigger stuff like crates and wepons cases (looting as in taking them to your base to use them as storage)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.