Attempt at a UII Vehicle: Chevy Colorado

GM Truck

Undercarriage and frame not completely covered in rust

7 Likes

Ours is an 05 and still has original brakes if I remember right. No issues other than temperamental air conditioning but at least there’s no rust The 89 S10 we have doesn’t really have rust on it either. Brand loyalty is a force that eliminates all our rust problems.

5 Likes

I have a '72 Olds Cutlass supreme convertible sitting in my garage as a project car, and although it’s 99% rust, it refuses to die. Forget if it’s the 400 or 455 but a cylinder is cracked and I’m gonna try and swap it with an undamaged 455. GM isn’t bad and I like to meme on them, but it seems all their good brands got cut a long time ago (Pontiac, Saturn) in way of cheap volume cars. They definitely don’t make them like they did and although I wouldn’t be opposed to buying a new GM, I’d almost never buy a used one.

Edit: pic of rustbucket supreme

6 Likes

That’s a beautiful car

2 Likes

@dbking ok
@Dozy seen
@Liljoda left the chat .

@MR im i a joke to u ?

4 Likes

its very good

I feel like you put no effort into that comment but thank you. It was my first and there are sure to be more in the near future. Coronavirus pretty much destroyed my schedule so I’ve got loads of free time to work on my smaller projects.

1 Like

I know that these are not really UII style, but just some low poly cars, but I still wanted to share them

Pics

Though I actually wanted to make something to really fit in the UII style, like the one you did, which honestly fits just perfectly (I’m not really fan of the rounded taillights tho) :joy:

2 Likes

@GreatHeroJ I have to agree with you on this one, I don’t spend a lot of time on the forum, but I’ve never seen something so close like this one (except one bike I saw like a year ago that was spot on)

If someone has a pic of a model that accurately represents the UII style that we know so far, please leave a reply =)

@dbking And honestly, at least one of them has something hidden somewhere, they don’t seem to have anything that could belong to UII

I may make a few more vehicles sometime in the next few days since I’ve got nothing better to do. Still need to upload my little UII object tool first though, haven’t had time to do that because of a quick change in IRL plans over the weekend.

3 Likes

That’ll be adjusted once we get more UII vehicles to look at. With the last version I showed here I also kind of forgot about the window trim and did it quickly for the render.

“Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?”

I’m gonna go with yes here. First row, first version. Second row, second version. Third should be self-explanatory.

Were there enough changes to justify bringing this back? Not at all.

Main thing here is to show a few minor adjustments I made with length and height along with some improvements to my renders so smooth stuff looks smooth.

In the next few weeks I’ll be making a post on some of the commercial vehicles I’ve been working on.

4 Likes

Good to see you’re back! I’m eager to see more of your work.

I’ve also done a lot of stuff along this time, I’ll drop some photos in case you’d like to see some things (I’ll hide it so it doesn’t occupy a lot of space in your post)

Pics

4 Likes

Would it be safe to say that these two images have sexual appeal?

3 Likes

I’m biased towards the Silverado but I absolutely hate the tail lights on the new ones. It seems like the F-150 he made is in a much more complete state though.

1 Like

safer than vasectomy.

1 Like

Looks like a toyota :joy:

images

the virgin america truck vs the chad toyota

3 Likes