Buckshot Variations!

Hollowpoint shotguns do infact have a use.

1 Like

Oh now, do they? Funny that you’re going to tell me there is one without actually telling me what the use is. Go on. Please, enlighten me.

1 Like

Actually, most shotguns use shot, but that’s beside the point.

1 Like

ohh ok, my bad, lets Rephrase that then

“You Exist as an idiot”

2 Likes

Is just as true as

1 Like

Well, if Hollow Point Slugs are really a thing (which wouldn’t even be the point), then using the argument “they’re rare” doesn’t realy make sense, considering freakin’ “Dragon’s Breath” shouldn’t be of universal popular use either.

1 Like

Dragon’s Breath shells are just magnesium, you know.

1 Like

What does this even mean? Do you mean as in like, slugs? Slugs are singular projectiles rather than a bunch of BBs.

Buckshot is a type of shot which is just a bunch of BBs loaded into a shotgun shell. It’s a common type of shotgun ammo.

1 Like

You arent funny and contribute nothing, your example is wrong again. I have explained to you multiple times already why the phrasing of the sentance was dodgy and wrong.

1 Like

They always had a use to stop overpenetration, If you are going in a crowded and small place like a cafe, or anywhere similar, you dont want to fire off a bullet that will go trough 7 people.

1 Like

I said that slugs are very commonly used which is true, same with shot.

1 Like

Rule 4 of firearm safety.

1 Like

If someone is a threat in a crowded place, you have to shoot and kill him. In a crowded place there will always be someone behind him.

1 Like

You’re right, but also wrong. You see hollowpoints are used to stop overpenetration. However, shot from a shotgun already dents and deforms on impact.

In that case, there is NO REASON you should be using a SHOTGUN of all things. Most guns aren’t capable of sub-MOA accuracy, especially in a tense situation like that. You’d need a precision sniper rifle for that.

Basically, all you said was the obvious: hollowpoints are meant to stop overpenetration. But you failed to list any reasons why a hollowpoint slug would be more effective when compared to shot and regular slugs. You also listed a situation in which a shotgun would be impractical in the first place, shotguns are used in extreme close range combat, for blowing down doors (with shot, might I add), and not for situations in which you have to shoot someone without shooting a hostage. This isn’t Rainbow Six Siege. In the astronomical event that you actually get into such a situation, most everyone would be smart enough to not bring a shotgun, much less bring hollowpoint slugs just that they can prevent overpenetration in close quarters. A slug already limits a shotgun’s effectiveness at close range, except against body armor, and you want to reduce it even further by nerfing the penetration and power of a slug upon impact?

3 Likes

If you start firing from an angle that you will hit bystanders, you are just as much of a threat as he is. If need be you go to the floor directly above or below them to be able to get a better angle, but you should never put your faith in the idea that some magic bullet will always put a stop to targets but never penetrate past them.

2 Likes

I didnt say anything wrong. You cant magically turn a shotgun into a “percision sniper rifle”. If you have a shotgun you are going to load it with HP slugs. I dont know why you would bring a percision sniper rifle in an “extreme close range combat” scenario as you called it. I just gave you a reason why it would be more effective than a slug or a shot, and what a HP slug can do, while shot and slug cannot. A cafe is not large. You are not going there and shoulder firing a sniper rifle.

“In the astronomical event that you actually get into such a situation, most everyone would be smart enough not to bring a shotgun”
If you get into such a situation you already have your gear and weapon, you cannot just hop back and grab something else. I dont know why you mentioned “Rainbox Six Siege” but ok.

A slug controlls the accuracy, and HP controls the fire even more, and its not for no reason, diferent scenarios require diferent gear.

1 Like

If someone is shooting at you or is posing a diferent threat you cannot go and find a better angle, he will always be in front of someone. It is impossible to go above or below to get a better angle, and the bullet is not magical, It will be stopped

1 Like

The shotgun’s close-range potential is characterized by its ability to spray a wall of shot at close range. Using slugs takes away the largest advantage a shotgun has over other weapons at close range, essentially meaning you’re doing the same thing as taking a bolt-action rifle for room clearing.

My point just completely flew over your head. I’ll say it again.

A shotgun’s place is in close-quarters combat and room clearing where you blast everything you see to pieces.

This is why I said slugs are not nearly as useful at close ranges, because it requires you to aim and hit your shots. In the event that you are using slugs, it’s for their penetration through light cover and for transmitting blunt trauma through body armor.

On the other hand, hollowpoints are meant to cause massive flesh damage, which a slug already does, but due to the fact that they are designed to shatter upon impact with a hard surface, they’re nearly useless compared to a slug at close quarters because of their design. Therefore, hollowpoint shotguns are self-defeating because of these two main points:

1. It cannot perform well at close range like shot does.
2. It cannot transmit blunt trauma through body armor and cannot penetrate cover.

Therefore, having hollowpoint slugs is self-defeating because of its inherent design.

2 Likes

Alrighty then, this turned from a friendly suggestion topic to a debate about bullets. Realism and how some of the suggested ammos might not work aside, I like the ammo types presented and some might work better if used for guns other than shotguns. Other than that, pretty well formatted and nice idea

1 Like

Bullets and cartridges are not one in the same. Bullets are what are fired from cartridges. Also, shotguns don’t use bullets. They use either slugs or shot. In cartridges called shells.

1 Like