Drugs Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Seeing as the majority of people are okay with drugs in U2, heres a post.

PSA: The entire painkiller section is assuming that there wont be an extensive pain system in U2. I hope there will be, but its not on the trello, nor have I seen nelson saying anything about one, so I am assuming there wont be one.

Looting

Medicine Cabinets: Found in bathrooms, with common civilian medications in side of them, with cabinets that have rarer loot in them being locked. This would require them to be smashed open (making noise to attract turned) or to be picked open.
Pharmacies/Doctors Offices: Have rarer medications in them, typically locked away similar to the cabinets, but with a decent amount of drugs being out in the open ripe for the taking.
Hospitals: Lots of rare medications, this is where one would find adrenaline and opioids, along with other high tier medical tools.
First aid kits: These would be small containers with a few drugs, bandages and other things inside.
When you find medication, it would either be very small amounts (one or two) found in the open, or pill bottles with a handful of them.
Ambulances: Ambulances would have medical loot in side of them, or in the “trunk” space.

Mechanics

Nausea

Nausea would be a status given during bad withdrawals and eating completely spoiled foods, impure water or raw meats. Nausea would last a few minutes, and when you sprint, eat/drink more or jump, it would have the chance to cause you to vomit, which would only occur after you stand still for about 3 seconds, prompting a quick animation, emptying your stomach and increasing your hunger and thirst. If you dont stand still, it would eventually happen no matter what, so if you see that you are afflicted with the status, you have time to find somewhere safe.

Overdose

Overdose would occur after taking too much of a drug, where you over a minute you would become slower and slower, over the course of a minute, before passing out for another minute. When you are unconscious you would be able to press a “give up” button to die, or could wait for someone to help you out. After the minute of unconsciousness is over, you would die.

Withdrawal Tiers

Light - Shaking and increased weapon sway, 10% speed debuff
Medium - Shaking, 30% speed debuff, nausea and you deal 30% less melee damage.
Heavy - Very bad shaking, 40% speed debuff, 50% less melee damage and long lasting nausea.

Now to the actual drugs

Painkillers

Asprin

Found in houses and medicine cabinets. If a minute passes after taking a pill, diminishing returns dont occur from taking another pill, Example, Take 3 and heal 9 health, wait 3 minutes take another you heal 5 health. This, along with the withdrawal system prevents spamming medications.

First use: Heals 5 health over 10 seconds.

Second use: Heals 2 health over 10 seconds.

Third use: Heals 2 health over 10 seconds.

Fourth and up: No effect.

Codeine

Found in medicine cabinets and pharmacies. If 3 minutes pass after taking a pill, effects dont increase.

First use: Heals 30 health over 30 seconds.

Second use: Heals 20 health over 30 seconds. 5% speed debuff.

Third use: Heals 10 health over 30 seconds. 10% speed debuff.

Fourth use: Heals 10 health over 30 seconds. 20% speed debuff 10% of damage is applied as DOT. Light withdrawals.

Fifth and up: Vomiting, 30% speed debuff.

Morphine

Found in pharmacies and hospitals. If 5 minutes pass after taking it, effects dont increase.

First use: Heals 50 health over 60 seconds. 20% speed debuff.

Second use: Heals 40 health over 60 seconds. 30% speed debuff. 20% of damage is applied as damage over time over 20 seconds.

Third use: Heals 30 health over 60 seconds, 40% speed debuff, vomiting 30% of damage is applied as DOT, edges of vision become dark, sound is muffled. Medium withdrawals.

Fourth use: Heals 30, vomiting, 40% speed debuff overdose on 6th.

Fentanyl

Found in hospitals and medic tents. If 20 minutes pass after taking it, effects dont increase.

First use: Heals 120 health over 120 seconds. 30% speed debuff. 30% of damage is applied as DOT, 10% is ignored. Edges of vision become dark, sounds are muffled.

Second use: Heals 90 health over 120 seconds. 50% speed debuff. Vomit after it runs out, Terrible withdrawals once it runs out. 40% of damage is applied as DOT, 20% is ignored. Edges of vision are black.

Third use: Heals 60 health over 120 seconds. 60% speed debuff, Tunnel vision.

Fourth use: Overdose.

Poppy Painkiller

Crafted from poppy flowers picked in the wild or grown. If 10 minutes pass after taking it, effects dont increase.

First use: Heals 40 health over 60 seconds.

Second use: Heals 20 health over 60 seconds.

Third use: Heals 10 health over 60 seconds. Light withdrawals.

Panaceus

Found in end game military labratories. No effects if taken before 30 minutes after first dose.

First use: Heals 240 health over 120 seconds. 50% speed debuff. 40% of damage is applied as DOT, 20% is ignored. Tunnel vision.

Second use: Body rejects it, causing you to vomit.

Stimulants

Caffeine Pill

Found in houses and medicine cabinets. Each dose lasts 3 minutes, if taken 5 minutes apart effects do not increase.

First use: Reduces weapon sway when ADSing, and speeds up crafting times (assuming these exist) by 5%.

Second use: Reduces crafting times by 10%, but not reducing weapon sway,

Third use: Increasing weapon sway with a 15% speed up

Fourth use: Causes some minor shaking, similar to the low health shivering, and a 17 percent crafting increase.

Fifth and up: Crafting speed increase gives diminishing returns, with a cap at 20% and shaking effect becomes worse. Edges of view become slightly blurred, increasing with every extra pill. No overdose (outside of vomiting once high runs out)

Inhalers

Found in houses and medicine cabinets, dose lasts one minute, effects dont increase if taken 3 minutes apart.

First use: Stamina regen increases by 20%

Second use: Stamina regen increases by 30%, sprinting is 5% faster, edges of vision are blurred

Third use: Stamina regen increases by 35%, sprinting is 10% faster, blurring gets worse, shaking occurs.

Fourth and up: Stamina regen begins diminishing returns, 40% on 4th, 42% on 5th, etc. Sprinting has similar returns, capping at 20%, edges of vision and blurred further for every extra dose. Overdose occurs at 6th dose, vision turns grey after 30 seconds, with vomiting (if added)

Adderall

Found in medicine cabinets and pharmacies, dose lasts 3 minutes, effects dont increase if take 10 minutes apart.

First use: Reduces weapon sway, speeds up crafting time by 10%

Second use: Reduces weapon sway further, speeds up crafting time by 20%

Third use: Reduces weapon sway even further, practically none at this point, vision is sharpened, some sounds are slightly louder (footsteps and other quiet but important noises) movement speed increased by 10%

Fourth use: Shaking effect, vision is sharpened further, edges of vision are slightly blurred, important sounds are even louder, movement speed increased by 15%, you lose hunger 25% slower, but light withdrawals occurs once adderall runs out.

Fifth use: Very bad shaking effect, vision is incredibly sharp, edges of vision are considerably blurred, and a heart beat sound effect is audible. Movement speed increased by 20%, lose hunger 50% slower, thirst 25% slower

Sixth and up: No more positive effects, shaking gets even worse, vision is even more blurred, heart beat becomes louder, obscure quiet noises. Medium withdrawals once high runs out.

Speed

Found in some houses, cars and in evidence lockers of police stations. Dose lasts 5 minutes, effects dont increase if take 20 minutes apart.

First use: Slight shaking, speeds up crafting time by 15%, movement speed increased by 15%, 10% of damage is ignored and instead applied as damage over time, similar to bleeding due to amount of adrenaline letting you ignore the wound. The damage ignore is spread out over 20 seconds, so if you take 100 damage and ignore 30 of it, you are taking 1.5 damage per second, and it would round up for decimals.

Second use: More shaking, vision is sharper, crafting time up 20%, movement speed increased to 20%, 15% of damage applied as DOT

Third use: Even more shaking, important sounds are louder, movement speed increased to 30%, once high runs out you experience withdrawals. 20% of damage applied as DOT

Fourth use: Incredibly bad shaking, vision is very sharp, edges of vision and blurred, movement speed at 40%, heart beat obscures lots of noises. Terrible withdrawals once you run out. 25% of damage applied as DOT

Fifth and up, shaking gets even worse, tunnel vision takes over, movement speed no longer increases, heart beat becomes louder, you vomit randomly. 30% of damage applied as DOT

Adrenaline

Found in hospitals and medic tents. Lasts 1 minute, effects dont increase if you wait 20 minutes.

First use: Slight shaking, very sharp vision with edges blurred, Sounds are muffled. Movement speed increased by 40%, 20% of damage is applied as DOT, you will vomit and suffer light withdrawals once it runs out.

Second use: More shaking, edges are considerably blurred, heart beat effect is loud and combined with muffling, you can barely hear anything other than gunshots. Movement speed increased by 60%, 40% of damage is applied as DOT, worse withdrawals

Third use: Terrible shaking, absolute tunnel vision can pretty much only see what you are aiming at, can only hear heart beat and the loudest of gunshots, Movement speed at 65%, DOT at 50%. Terrible withdrawals.

Fourth and up: Random vomiting, overdose at 5th dose.

Alcohol

Beer

Found in houses, bars and restaurants.

First drink: Just normal food, no effects. Gives back a little bit of hunger and a decent amount of thirst.

Second drink: Same as first.

Third drink: Restores 5 health, gives a 5% movement speed debuff, blurs vision slightly.

Fourth: Restores 10 health, gives a 15% movement speed debuff, blurs you vision a decent amount. You take 5% less damage.

Fifth: Restores 20 health, gives a 30% movement speed debuff, blurs your vision quite a bit, hard to make out far away details. You take 10% less damage.

Sixth: Restores 30 health, gives a 40% movement speed debuff, you are absolutely trashed at this point, incredibly hard to see things and vision has long exposure, with lights “trailing” You take 15% less damage.

Wine

Found in houses bars and restaurants. Effects dont increase if you wait 2 minutes.

First drink: Gives a decent amount of thirst.

Second drink: Restores 10 health, 10% movement speed debuff. Same vision as third beer.

Third drink: Restores 20 health, 20% movement speed debuff, You take 5% less damage. Same vision as fifth beer.

Fourth drink: Restores 30 health, 40% movement speed debuff, You take 15% less damage. Same vision as sixth beer.

Liquor

Found in houses and bars. Effects dont increase if you wait 2 minutes.

First drink: Restores 20 health, 20% movement speed debuff, Take 5% less damage, same vision as fourth beer.

Second drink: Restore 30 health, 30% movement speed debuff, You take 15% less damage. Same vision as sixth beer.

Third drink: Restore 40 health, 50% movement speed debuff, You take 20% less damage. Pretty much blind.

Fruit Wine

Crafted with yeast, sugar and what ever fruits you want. When you first craft it it starts out as a must, taking a few ingame days to ferment. This process would be sped up by using a still, a heat source or a fermenting vat.
Exact same statistics as wine.

Miscellaneous

Peptobismol

Found in houses and medicine cabinets. Lasts 1 minutes.

First use: Stalls vomiting for 1 minute, with a 30% to completely stop it, but if it doesn’t you resume vomiting after pepto runs out.

Second and up: Multiple uses of pepto stack, with second usage giving you 2 minutes of no vomiting and a 60% chance to stop it.

Mushrooms

Found in forests, with some being edible and some being poisonous, which would cause nausea and vomiting, and others being edible and cookable.

Berries

Same as 3.0s, but none that increase your health.

Melatonin

Found in houses and medicine cabinets. (This would rely completely on a sleep system where you actually sleep.)
First use: Regen 10% more health during sleep.

Second use: Regen 10% more health during sleep.

Third use: Regen 10% more health during sleep.

Fourth and up: No effect.

Narcan

Can be taken before overdose to prevent it, or can be administered to a overdosing survivor when they are passed out to resurrect them. Found in hospitals.

And as a finale:

Meta

In the end, this creates a risk and reward meta where yes you can use a drug to get a small advantage, but once it runs out you are in trouble, and have to make a decision whether or not you do another hit, making every drug you pop a massive gamble.

The damage over time system is one that I was very conflicted on, as it seemed interesting when I thought about it, but if there are damage “breakpoints” like there are in 3, it would be a pretty big nerf to snipers. I dont think everyone would be running around on drugs though, and you would still be able to kill someone with a secondary shot, so I dont think it would really be that big of a deal.

Another reason I wanted the stimulants section was to make a the gap between end game players who have access to them and not so geared players wider than it is in 3.0, is in 3.0 its far too easy to kill a end game player when you are complete naked.

I didnt include psychedelics or generally recreational drugs, because I think that should be reserved to berries. There were also a lot of other useful drugs that werent included because I doubt there is going to be a “stress” bar in the game.

Also yes I know this was probably a grammar/formatting disaster but bear with me

Thanks for reading :blush:

12 Likes

this is a lot. i think it should just be limited to morphine and adrenaline like 3.0 but actually useful unlike 3.0.

Where is…

V O D K A

2 Likes

The point of there being more than two healing items is so there is clear tiers in medicine, so that finding meds isnt just cutting up every article of clothing you find like it is in 3.0. It also makes it feel like the high tier ones are more valuable, because you can compare them to the weaker drugs.

In NEO Scavenger, you can find alcohol and rather than drinking it, use it to sterilize wounds before they can get infected.

I’d like to see resourcefulness like this in UII

4 Likes

Yeah that would go well with the liquor, did not think about that.

Would be nice if medicines (or drugs) have quality like fooditems.

The lower the quality the less effective it is.

Also drugs has nothing to do with robohats smh.

If not having all alcohol as medicine rather than a drink, then we should atleast be able to distill drinking alcohol into medical alcohol.

What about a drug makes you a zombie (more like suicide pills)

I’ve started to like this post from the very first lines, but I have some observations to make:

Unconsciousness state isn’t confirmed yet and there are very divided opinions about it through the entire forum, so I’d suggest to not counting on it. Suicide is another yet much higher polemic theme as well, and just like unconsciousness, there’s still no clue about how it will work yet.

Back into overdoses, I must point out that drugs have different effects on you upon overdose, and most common ones wouldn’t kill you unless you take an insane dose, thus making suicide via overdose a very slow and cringy method to see if using common drugs. Said that, I think that killed-by-overdose stuff should be reserved for real strong stuff, eg. adrenaline or morphine, even if it isn’t that realistic.

About drugs, one by one and categorized:

Painkillers

Aspirine

I’d prefer to not go too deep into numbers. Also, I’d consider aspirine effects are so light IRL (at the point that some stressed out ppl can’t live without it always in their pocket) that I wouldn’t give too much emphasis on it being in game.

Codeine

Doses after 2nd use should also get you “high”, getting dizzy and disoriented but with a slight energy buff rather than a debuff, since IRL it causes euphoria (hence why some ppl uses it as recreative drugs; ingame “euphoria” status should give you both speed and energy buff). Fourth or fifth use can give you that big debuff however; anything that causes you nausea then vomit should do.

Morphine

Morphine can actually get you dizzier than codeine and can even kill you on an overdose, thus I’d say that going beyond 4th use shouldn’t even be possible.

Fentanyl

I’m in a serious inner conflict with this idea, for some reasons, being the first one this:

For being a painkiller with tons of secondary effects, this is an overkill. Also, health values in Unturned never trepassed 100, so this is an instant assumption that this would change in 4.0, and because it’s something pretty hard to balance taking in mind that this is going to be a more realistic game yet the main (and only) dev should decide what values apply in relation to this, is why I’m not comfy with going straight to ciphers and values on any suggestions in this forum (not even my own).

And the second reason is that fentanyl is really strong IRL, more than morphine, so it’s applied in very low doses. It’s so strong that even on regular doses there’s 1/10 chance of having nausea, headaches, fever, vomits and shivers. So I think that:

On first use there should be a 1/10 chance of being affected by nausea and 1/5 for slight fatigue.

On second use there’s 1/5 chance of hallucinations, certain chance of decreasing ability in certain skills (memory loss) and guaranteed either euphoria or extreme fatigue, plus the vision and aural effects you’ve mentioned (high af in summary).

On third use all negative effects become heavier and you start losing health rather than recovering. Therefor fourth use would just send you to “sleep” (ded).

Poppy painkiller

An interesting addition I must say.

Panaceus

Not sure if this should be here, because it would be some sort of equivalent to 3.0’s OP multi-purpose vaccine.

About painkillers overall

I think that mostly here are real OP for being just painkillers, because as their name suggest, they are designed to treat pain rather than wounds themselves (again another reason why I don’t go deep into numbers), and those values are pretty high for something that IRL only helps you to stay calm or works as anesthesia, so ingame should heal 5% up to 20% as much, depending on the drug’s strenght.

Stimulants

Caffeine pill

It’s basically an energy pill that may provoke euphoria effect if abused. In this state there should be much more activities affected by that wasteful level of energy rather than just crafting times and weapon sway.

Inhalers

First of everything, there are many types of medicals that can be prescribed and applied via inhaler, but I’m ok if it enters the game as simply one-jack-of-all-treatments, just like vaccine, since I don’t think respiratory problems will be a problem in the game.

But anyway, talking about lungs n’ stuff, these should also help with oxygen recovery when swimming. On overdose, you should also have decreased oxygen capacity and recovery rate.

Adderall

To me it would be simplified the Energy Pill ++, and again, it should buff much more of the player’s capacities, as IRL is used as cognitive enhancer, recreationally used as euphorizing, and also slightly improving physical capacities such as reflexes and strenght on consumption.

This would be like that OP drug that everyone would be looking for to speed up their activities and become skilled even faster, temporarily enhancing overall performance. like the idea, but the adverse effects should have a very heavy impact on player’s performance if the drug is abused.

Speed (amphetamine)

This would be like the aggressive and bully big brother of the adderall, meant mostly for more aggressive and less smart-wise activities. I’m on the fence about adding this, since it’s an illegal drug and it has mostly recreational purposes IRL, and the common agreement at the first drugs post was that recreational drugs would be limited to mildier yet still very suggestive but sort-of-not-illegal stuff, such as alcohol, medicals and forageables such as mushrooms and the very well known and beloved berries.

Adrenaline

I think this should only happen if you don’t spend that bonus energy properly; same thing happens with energy drinks.

Also, adrenaline is actually very powerful, so overdose should happen like at 3rd use.

As side note, adrenaline should work to revive downed partners if used on them within 15 seconds (or so) and cause of death wasn’t too devastating (explosions, barrages of bullets to chest, burned down, etc.).

About overall alcohol

This is the very first thing I must agree with, as we’re seeing it from a medical POV.

In the other hand, different alcoholic beverages should affect the player based on their alcoholic strength, thus some beverages getting you drunk faster than others. Also about hunger, thirst and health buffs, I think these shouldn’t be really significant for alcoholic drinks, since those can actually get the opposite effect on you if you get drunk (making you hunger and thirstier, because of nausea provoked by a hangover).

About miscellaneous

Mushrooms

There are mushrooms poisonous enough to kill you; this would be an interesting turn out for craft-made poisons and toxins. Also, don’t forget about hallucinogen mushrooms.

Berries

Why not? Maybe we could find a new type of berry that can be crushed then used as ointment for wounds rather than eating it (which could still be done but having other effects).

About melatonin and narcan

Really interesting additions.

Important note

I can say notice that you forgot a very important aspect of all of these: these should affect inmunity in different manners, on either positive or negative affections upon the player. I’m not going deeper on that anyway, I’ve wrote too much by now.

Overall this was a really good suggestion, and I hope to see at least the half of what is written here in game.

+1

1 Like

The unconsciousness state is a really controversial idea and could easily be replaced with a “down but not out” state, I pretty much just wanted it so a friend that had narcan on him could help you. I didnt add different types of overdoses because I thought that would be a little too complicated, but stimulants kinda just give you a heart attack while painkillers stop your breathing, and I mostly just had ODs on weaker things to keep them dangerous.

In general numbers on here were just placeholders, to give a feel for the diffrence between lower tier drugs and high tier ones.

Asprin was really just meant to be a early game drug, as codeine is the weakest opiod, so its just there to bridge the gap.

Painkiller highs relax you more than energize you, you kinda just slump over and feel great for a few hours, I did want some kind of euphoria but I didnt know how to make one work.

I agree with morphine, I was kinda assuming that you wouldnt be using an entire syringe of morphine, maybe just half of it or something, because irl the syringe isnt completely full.

The logic for fentanyl wasnt that people would have over 120 health, it would be to tempt survivors to use it during a fight instead of after, letting them get fairly continuous regen, so if they were at 20 hp when they used it, they could get hit for 40 and regen it again. I felt like this created a risk and reward system, but you are right with how strong it is. Nausea should definitely be in first use.

You are right with panaceus it was just a dumb end all be all drug type thing.

For the caffine pill you are right, I just couldnt really think of many cognitive things to be effected.

All medication put inside of inhalers are steroids, and the swimming point is cool, I didnt think about it

I think adderall should probably have light withdrawls on fourth use, to balance the noise increase, that would make a decent amount of sense.

I agree with everything you said on adrenaline.

I mostly didnt want mushrooms to be hallucinogenic just because berries fill the role, and I think it would be a little dumb to straight up die after eating one mushroom, even though thats how it works irl.

Tiers are easily settled with a bit of research, besides the way you formatted it gave a good clue on that though.

Euphoria (induced by drugs or alcohol) could be applied into the game as a status effect which buffs your energy and movement, but makes you very sloppy on any actions requiring dexterity and focus (eg. aiming, crafting, dissassembling, etc.). This effect is very particular and should be reserved as effects from codeine and some spirits (or also to other hallucinogens like berries).

1. Continuous regen should be a thing for all medicals, and shouldn’t ever exceed max health.
  2. Along with prev. point, 120 regen it’s still an overkill even as just a placeholder, because of what I said on the note about all painkillers in general.
  3. Knowing how strong fentanyl is, It would be my last choice as quick healing in middle of a battle if added to the game.

“Cognitive” is related directly to mental capabilities, so if you’ve got a cognitive enhancer you’ve got a drug that helps you to be more focused, learning stuff better and faster; it improves smarts overall, which would be very helpful for technical activities, such as crafting, building, fixing, and a long etc.

Berries can be tweaked so some types of those can fullfill the role along with some types of mushrooms. Anyway, not all berries should be hallucinogens and there should be wider uses for them: some can be safe edibles, any other could be medicinal, and even there could be poisonous berries. Maybe some miscellaneous like natural dyeing out of berries would be interesting.

Poisons in general shouldn’t insta-kill you, but stronger ones would give you much less time to react. This goes for either toxic mushrooms, berries, chemicals or any highly toxic consumable.

vodka to remove radiation

The point of the fentanyl is to be overkill, think of it more of a regeneration potion, also you do know that in real life you can change the amount in a dose right? This is assuming the survivors have a small idea on how to do dosage so they dont overdose on their first hit every single time, and pre emptive painkillers is a thing, there was a pretty big scandal during the 2010 world cup where lots of players were using pretty strong painkillers before games to ignore soreness of muscles, and if you know you are going to get shot you could do the same thing with fentanyl, as you are going to feel the positive effects before the negative ones. (But I included negative ones on first use either way for balance)

I assumed fixing was under the umbrella of crafting like it is in 3.0, didnt think of building though

I still feel like poisonous mushrooms would just be a noob trap and ignored after your first 10 hours in the game. Still useful for rp though.

Doesnt work IRL and would make radiation too trivial

1. Regeneration is something that should happen naturally yet slowly if the player is healthy enough (inmunity, hunger and thirst close to or at the top), and all medicals should work like this, healing over time rather than insta-healing, because spamming meds is a current issue in 3.0 and isn’t realistic at all.

2. If we talk about drugs, NONE of those should be that OP for its healing values to be comparable to a medkit (which could easily heal 99% always), since a medkit treats wounds directly whereas painkillers, as their name suggest, work mainly as anesthesia. About fentanyl in particular (or including other painkillers as well), maybe it could be applied so you can flinch less, ignore some wounds and negative effects, and even some resistance buffs (having in mind the secondary effects once main ones wear off), but that level of healing would just be anything but realistic.

Of course; as food will be taken in portions, so medicines and drugs should do in doses. And again: fentanyl is really strong, so IRL even in very small doses it comes with secondary effects.

Even if you’re right, you can’t compare gunshots and other severe wounds with muscle soreness due to physical training.

Apparently consuming alcohol does help in some ways against radiation, but a dye called Prussian Blue and potassium iodine does more against the absorption of radioactive metals.

1 Like

the reason I want vodka is cuz its easter egg for game stalker and its good;3

It prevents very low emmisions of radiation, the kind that would give you cancer years later. If cancer is in U2 then sure have at it, but I feel like deadzones should be a force to be reckoned with. Maybe as an easter egg it could give you a miniscule percent of protection against radiation.

For the other response, if painkillers actually kill pain in U2 then this entire post is pointless, and the rest of the effects you talked about (the resistance effect and assuming you mean bullet punch by flinching) would only be valid if you used painkillers pre emptivly, also realism doesnt really matter, gameplay does, or else you would get shot once and lose range of motion in that limb permanently, with no amount of time or bandages being able to heal it. Passive regeneration doesnt mean there cant be other forms of regeneration, no idea why you brought that up. Also medkits should be containers with meds in them, which I talked about.

In actual medical usage, painkillers are never used to the amount where you have trouble walking or are high. If someone is in a terrible accident where they actually feel enough pain to warrant that much fentanyl, they are usually on the brink of death and would be just put under either way. The actual (fairly rare) side effects are light nausea, constipation and sweating.

Sure you cant compare the pain, but there still isnt anything really stopping you from doing it outside of nausea and tiredness, which I metioned in the actual post.

i get that but there shouldn’t be 20 drugs in the game. i think it should be as simple as possible.

You can apply that to anything in a game though.

There shouldn’t be 20 guns: we only need one sniper one pistol etc

There shouldn’t be 20 articles of clothing, we only need a shirt for the torso jeans for the pants

This isnt even that complicated its just 5 tiers, low civilian, high civilian, “ranger” or what have you and military with some makeshift ones too. Having only adrenaline and morphine would be really restrictive and make them feel random and out of place because they have no lower tier version, just like they are in U3. Morphine in U3 isnt even that bad, its just completely outshined by the splint which is craftable so it doesnt matter, and adrenaline is one of a kind and pretty useful if you have ever played monolith arena.