Gun Talk

This guy literally ignored my post and just continued criticizing this dude’s spelling to contribute to the argument.

You do realise it takes time to read all of the posts and respond? Calm down already and do something instead of complaning how i didnt respond yet

Could have just replied to my post then, but instead you waste time and write that. :upside_down_face: Sounds to me like you’d just like to ignore me now, which i’m perfectly fine with btw.

Except its not a 100% guaranteed to win… thats just a lie. Fake statistics. I could find a video of a person with a rifle being killed with a pistol, what then? Your entire statistics shatter. If you are good enough at the game use the pistol and kill somebody.

I dont know wether to laugh or cry, did you seriously say the military should carry 2 rifles instead of a pistol??? Its called a SIDEARM. The answer is in the name.

You CAN also kill geared up players as a freshspawn but its DIFFICULT. You have to punch them a lot!

Rifles arent objectively the best weapons in the game, but they are objectively better than pistols and melee weapons in game and in real life.

It CAN be difficult to win a pistol-rifle fight if they player with the pistol is skilled enough.

When did i ever say that? I specifically said that is wrong and inproper

There you go. Its not ignoring, you just have to realise I can write 1 reply at a time

Really?

:thinking:

You very heavily implied you think going up to someone with a rifle using a pistol/melee weapon shouldn’t be possible. Now you’re saying it should be? That’s what i’ve been getting at all along, it’s hard but possible, by exploiting disadvantages. But if they have no disadvantages to exploit, as you want, how do you do that? Sounds like you’re trying to inch over to my side to make me feel like i agree with you, when you’re agreeing with me.

And what are these?!

The first literally is just you agreeing with me, (Which you never adressed, btw.) the second contradicts what you’re saying.

Read them posts son, slwoly.

Okay, then why do cops not carry rifles 24/7? Why does basically any mdoern miltary in eixtance issue them?
Why do people still buy them despite rifles being available?

So you are trying to tell me that all rifles have over pistols is bulk, no mass?
So you are trying to tell em that you can shoot full battle rifle loads out of sub-compact frames?

HAve you not heard of the HK Mk 23? It is purpose built pistol, built as a main weapon.
Please do point me towards a single assumption and prove me wrong.

As for the topic, guns have weight, and that shoudl be reflectecd in game. A good idea would be draw time, although I can see other forms of handling penalties (like sway for example) work as well.

i feel like this post took all the attention away from mine

Whaaaat? No, couldn’t be…

1. Policemen dont carry assault rifles when responding to some calls because they dont want to look indimidating responding to noise disturbance call, they also dont carry them there because they have their HANDS FREE.
    The best part about this is that police officers DO HAVE RIFLES but keep them in their cars and use them for reports of an armed suspect etc.
    The funny thing is they started to issue them after pistols proved to be too weak.

2. They issue them as a SIDEARM. "SIDE"arm. Meaning its a SECONDARY weapon. If in any way you lose your ability to use your rifle, you still have a temporary compact firearm capable of killing enemies. It isnt good to be left with no protection in the middle of the battlefield. Soldiers WITH NO PROPER WEAPON (eg. Only a pistol) will try to get a proper weapon ASAP.

3. People buy them because they are cheaper, smaller, and you are able to carry them CONCEALED. Its called CONCEALED CARRYING. Nobody will go to the store with an assault rifle straped around themselves.

Use common sense.

That HK wasnt made for primary use and it was first made for the special forces which is very different from the classic army.

It’s strange how controversial things like guns get people into long arguments more than things like windshields and passing lanes.

im pretty sure everyone cares about the guns more

Technically, it was, because most soldiers, even in the U.S. special forces don’t always get to carry around both a long arm and sidearm at the same time. However, the bulk and weight of the weapon, compared to other pistols was not appreciated, because the only times special forces operators would actually carry the pistol were (a.) when they weren’t expecting to actually need to use small arms (b.) when space and weight are at a premium (c.) when concealability is a concern and (d.) when another weapon was carried and the offensive handgun was being pressed into the role of a sidearm.

1 Like

“What are slings/PCCs”

Too weak to deal with cover and/or body armour, yes.
Even with specialized platforms pistols will never be able to achieve the same ballistics a rifle will.
That does not make them flat out better in every scenario, stop acting like it does.

What are gun/vehicle crews. What are MPs.
Again the scenario youuse is heavily reliant on every other particpant using rilfes, in which case yes a pistol will more than likely not be adequate.

“What is open carry”. alo congrats you have just proven my point about rilfes being objectiveky superior (CCW, EDC).

Okay, got me there. Offensive handgun, not strictly as a primary. Still, it was meant to be just as capable as most “primary” wepaons at that time. Check Ians video about the topic, he does a better job to explain it than I ever could.

And no

it is not about the difference between SOF and the regualr army, it is about your objectively wrong idea about pistols always being inferior to longguns.

Ok rifles were made for long distance firefights, while pistols were made for close quarters. Having a pistol in a close quarter fight would beat a rifle. Pistol calibers beside .22 are very effective in taking down targets close to you. You wouldn’t take a rifle to a close quarters fight and you wouldn’t take a pistol to a longer range firefight. So basically pistols aren’t useless. I wish in 4.0 that pistols are more powerful and actually do more damage.

1 Like

It does.

And there is no military crews that operate only with pistols.

The point of concealed carry is so possible threats dont know you can harm them… coming in a shop with an assault rifle around you makes other potential threqts know you can harm them and generally makes people thing you are about to rob the place.

Pretty sure he uses google translate and meant draw

Except that isnt really true. Pistols and rifles have early roots and were just made as weapons. It wouldnt beat a rifle because pistols bullets travel more slowely, are smaller and aiming with an assault rifle is more study and percise. And like you said about calibers, rifles generally have bigger calibers than pistols aswell.

Pistols arent useless, but they arent better than assault rifles. There are ways they will be inplemented in Unturned 4.0 which will make them come in handy.

Who are you suspecting of making a writing mistake?

You’ve got to be kidding me.

Alright, so it’s confirmed, LeMaKoTi says assault rifles are better than pistols in every way.

It absolutely is.

Yeah, your point is?

Bullet velocity has nothing to do with anything but long-range firefights. A slower bullet will kill as easy as a fast one. If anything, a slower bullet would do more damage, whereas a faster one would just go right through.

I mean, yeah, a smaller bullet would do less damage. But they also travel way faster than larger bullets. Kinda shows you don’t actually know much about guns.

Doesn’t matter in a CQC situation, which pistols excel at.

Caliber is bullet size. Are you repeating yourself saying rifles have big bullets and pistols have small ones, or do you just not know what caliber is and assumed bigger is better? Because that’s what it looks like to me.

Why is it so hard for you to understand this? In some ways in some situations they aren’t, in some other ways and other situations they are.

Yeah.

Like my balancing suggestion.

Geez dude, quit being so aggressive all the time!