Gun Talk

You ask for information, I give it, then you reject it? Yes they do use it.

SWAT units are often equipped with specialized firearms including submachine guns, assault rifles, breaching shotguns, sniper rifles, riot control agents, and stun grenades.

Read.

Dont call me a moron if you doubt that that is sarcasm even if i previously gave you SWAT equipment information

Yes, because this is an arguement, a discussion, not a fight.

Its different having a bullet in your lungs than having a hole in them.

It makes a hole straight trough your arteries making them pour out at a fast rate

I literally gave you proof, can you read my replies?

Donā€™t mind me just enjoying the show

6 Likes

These are some RIFLES that the french counter terrorism unit known as GIGN uses

Whereā€™d you get that? Is it reliable? Thatā€™s just someone stating facts, why should i believe it? Not proof. Evidence, maybe.

Same here. I need links. I need videos. This means nothing.

The HK 417, G36, SG 550, SG 551 and FAMAS are all rifles only deployed by the gendarmerie in non-cqb engagements.

The CZ BREN 2, G36C, HK416, which are deployed in CQB, are Carbines, not Rifles (the same way an M4 is to an M16, and to specify, Carbines are intermediate cartrige firearms that are shorter than regular service rifles, not necessarily cut down ones).

BTW when somebody just says Rifle without specification, the standard assumption is that you talk about full length Battle Rifles, like M14ā€™s and FALā€™s.

Swat units usually do use smgs, rifles, breaching shotguns, flashbangs.

^ source i guess

Lookie there, some actual evidence. Just states they use rifles, though. Of course they do. Iā€™m talking in CQC situation. They donā€™t use rifles in cramped hallways, they use pistols/SMGs.

Oh yeah, we know, (At least i do. I hope he doesā€¦) itā€™s just the thing that spurred this argument is him saying assault rifles specifically are better than pistols in every way possible, weā€™re talking ARs, just using ā€œrifleā€ now for ease.

In a video game sense, the only drawbacks to ARā€™s compared to pistols is weight and length, so they kinda are.

Broā€¦this thread is kinda cringe broā€¦Canā€™t you just stay on topic bro? Bro please just talk about gun features and statistics in a way that is relevant to Unturned II broā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, and people including me have always said thatā€™s stupid. The entire point iā€™ve been trying to make is he wants a meta of assault rifles being the best and i said thatā€™s dumb, ARā€™s should have some downside to exploit.

sry bro

Iā€™m seeing a lot of fudd nonsense about terminal ballistics so here goes.

At the energy level and speed of typical pistol bullets all that really matters is the size of the wound channel, because the bigger the wound channel the greater the chance that something important will have been hit. The wound channel is improved by making the penetration deeper (through faster, skinnier, or preferably heavier bullets) or making the channel wider (through larger caliber or preferably bullet expansion.) Flesh is soft and stretchy, so a lot of energy can be wasted squishing and stretching flesh only to have it bounce back. At typical pistol velocities and energies only the flesh crushed in the wound cavity remains damaged, but rifle bullets have enough velocity and enough energy that they may stretch the flesh enough to cause permanent damage, and the flesh stretched may be part of an important organ or blood vessel. To improve a bulletā€™s ability to stretch flesh you would use a heavier bullet or preferably a faster moving one. Psychological stops are even less consistent than either the wound channel or the stretch cavity hitting something important, but having an intimidating muzzle flash and blast probably help equally or greater in that regard than having a bullet that fails to penetrate all the way through. If a bullet penetrates all the way through a target then it does have some excess energy that could have been used to widen the wound channel, hit the target from further away, penetrate through more cover, or stretch the target more, but if it punched all the way through them it has demonstrably penetrated enough that it could potentially kill. If a bullet stops in the target then all the energy it had left was dumped into the target, but that doesnā€™t necessarily mean that it would be any more effective or efficient, because it may simply have started with less energy, or it could have lost velocity as it flew through the air, or it could have wasted energy stretching flesh without actually damaging it.
In the above description of terminal ballistics I used velocity to refer to velocity upon impact, of course bullets do lose velocity as they fly through the air, and a longer description of realistic external ballistics may be forthcoming. If you read all that and still think that over penetration is a problem or that energy dumping is a sign of effectiveness, or that videogames should mimic the highly unpredictable and inconsistent terminal ballistics of the real world then you either need a better translation service or a softer drink.

p.s. @MoltonMontro can we have these arguments about real life guns moved into a separate thread?

3 Likes

They do use them whenever inside a building, they dont go outside and replace their rifle with an smg as soon as they see a hallway, which isnt a problem anyways.

I literally never said assault rifles should be the best, all I said that pistols are never better in combat than assault rifles

No, please just lock thisā€¦

You are completely correct.

Imagine complaing about fuddlore and then posting fuddlore. Pistols rely on good hits or fragmentation precielsy because they do not have the raw power to inflict decent wound channels or end a threat through sheer physical traume in most cases. Modern HPs will mess you up, even out of subcompacts.

Aight yeah iā€™m done, apologies. Weā€™ve gone in circles and got nowhere.

They dont switch to their sidearm when inside a building hallwayā€¦ and they dont carry an SMG along with a rifleā€¦ that would just make them weaker.

I dont understand the part where you are speaking about counter terrorism and the outsideā€¦ i never mentioned anything related to that.

The last part of the comment where you call a system which a lot of video games use and real life retarded wasnt necessary

Iā€™ll apologize for sure, but ā€œretardedā€ is a pretty heavily used term on the internet. You shouldnā€™t get so offended by it so easily. But yes, I got riled up, wonā€™t try to defend that. Just wanted to say for anyone who wonā€™t see it after i edit it out.

Im not offended by it, I just think its a big waste of time. I dont want to keep reading some insults because I cannot respond to that, and it doesnt add to anything, but atleast you didnt try to somehow approve it.