Medicine [Long Post]

Prosthetics would be unrealistic for Unturned. Most players would store there loot and game end themselves. I would be better if a magical treatment existed or the player died. Limb amputation isn’t a good feture in first person games.

y u necropost

Cause it was linked to me, btw read my post.

I think you meant to say “their” and “It”

If there was a really well made skill system that rewarded time spent alive heavily, it would definitely be worth surviving in order to keep your skills

I think you are right.

The problem with any advanced medical system’s addition to Unturned is that the negative effects can easily be negated by committing suicide, albeit at the cost of skills.
Solution (my solution): make skills more important and/or remove crafting recipes which the player has learned upon their death (not implying it’s a confirmed feature), of course they could learn them again later but that takes time.
Annoying, sure. But it deters more seasoned players from picking the easy way.

If you’re going to allow players to be able to lose certain limbs: there should probably be a way to get them back beyond suicide.
The simple solution is just prosthetics, this would undoubtedly have downsides. Knowing Unturned’s PvP: people are going to be full of prosthetics if they’ve survived a longer amount of time.
However if you would like the affect on the player to be able to be entirely negated: this would probably involve taking even further a step into the Sci-fi direction with the Scorpion-7 stuff, this being robotic limbs or grown limbs (one of which might give an advantage so probably not that).

The idea and underlying principles of this suggestion do resemble similarities to another reply I had made to a similar thread on the matter, so I’ll just throw this here.

Yeah but i could see the community getting sick of this very quickly. The only games that have limb amputation in them are games where you don’t actually have to play as the character or you switch characters. This won’t fit unturned sandbox survival style. Idk bout u but I wouldn’t play a server with limb amputation and skill punishments, and I don’t think you would either. Also in the long term killing yourself would be worth it and I would do it even with skill degrade, that is if I and anyone would bother playing on a server like that anyway. ( which so many people won’t)

Btw this post has soo many replies wish my post that doesn’t include limb amputation could get some replies.

1. Dont beg for replies.

2. One of the reasons skill degrade is in 3.0 is so that it discourages commitibg suicide to get all your food and water back. If you dont like it, then dont play on the official servers (assuming that the skill system is going to be the exact same from 3.0). Rn your basically saying “i dont like it so we should get rid of it” when few people agree with you.

Also, the skill system is almost :100:% going to be different, so it is hard to judge how it will work.

2 Likes

Rather than just saying “Cool idea”, “Neat stuff” etc. I’ll say, if this will be implemented, then we’re gonna get tons of mods like “Admin Medkit 100%legit no scam” that will heal all illnesses… (/ ._.)/

Doesn’t that apply to… literally everything …though? :V

Or just cooler stuff? I guess we don’t really get “Admin Fishing Rod” mods for U3, since a lot of people don’t fish. :thinking:

Is there actually a modifier for how fast you catch a fish in the data for fishing rods?

No. Catch speed is determined by the bar that moves up/down as you're about to cast the line. If the bar is full, you'll hook a fish quite quickly. If the bar is pretty low, then not so quickly.

I can’t remember the actual numbers. 10 seconds for a perfect bar and 30 seconds for the worst possible cast.

Upgrading your Fishing skill makes the bar move slower, which lets you more easily max out the bar.

An admin fishing rod would basically just be able to use its own spawn table for fishing, similar to the Upgraded Fishing Rod, and give vastly better loot.

It wouldn’t even need a custom spawn table. Just make it give horde beacon loot or something. It could use any item spawn table, really.

Could also just never remove certain penalties even after death, such as how Swamp Fever works (worked?) in Ark, but that just seems like a nuisance at that point.

Definitely would need to just make death actually threatening, which is a point made in many threads (and by you, immediately after the bit I’ve quoted).

1 Like

Well that escalated quickly

On a more serious note tho, isn’t gangrene too much (unless we get epic style bionic replacement limbs)

They are people of culture I see

I seriously dont know why so many people want amputation in UII. I will find it very annoying AND Im not a fan of amputating MY OWN FUCKING LIMBS

Old topic but meh.

So as a serious Long Darker it’s nice to see some inspiration being taken from such a masterpiece of a game. Good on you! And so since i have some experience with these afflictions,

All of this is good.

Oh absolutely not. That is a mechanic specifically made for TLD and TLD only due to the way the game works.

Eeh, seems like something that would fit a game like TLD better. TLD is a slow-paced game all about dealing with huge, permanent, self-inflicted wounds and penalties, this just doesn’t fit Unturned, since Suicide instantly fixes everything whereas in TLD being a permadeath singleplayer experience you have to live with it, and same goes for everything below excepting:

I like it!

While fractures should be a bit worse than now, i think this is a bit too much.

Another idea is that splints instantly heal a fracture, but you can only have one splint on a limb at one time and they take 20-30 minutes irl to disappear, allowing you to apply another one. So, if you fracture your left leg, splint it, then fracture it again, you have to wait for the Splinted debuff to disappear to splint it again. Unrealistic, but feels balanced to me.

So yeah, good ideas but don’t fit Unturned too well.

I would also like a more advanced medical system. I’m a pretty large fan of Arma 3, and me and my friends of course have the advanced medical mod (Ace Medical). And it’s really nice having different types of injuries that can be treated in different ways. But I don’t think the medicinal system should be too advanced in UII as it will probably confuse new players. A more indepth system would be really nice but not too indepth. And I think that fractures shouldn’t force you to stop using a gun, but instead (similar to Ace Medical in A3) make using the gun much harder. More, constant, sway and higher recoil.
Another thing is that you shouldn’t have to wait too long between treating a injury and getting over it. It would really suck getting a fracture and having to sit in your house for 3 in day days. But being disabled for a while because of a broken leg or similar would be nice.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.