Movement Suggestions

Mostly copy-pasted from myself from elsewhere.

Movement suggestions based on the notecard from the original Trello and the current notecard.

Stamina is consumed when sprinting, swimming, performing advanced maneuvers, or operating certain vehicles. Walking, jumping, climbing ladders, basic maneuvers, and other simple movements do not require stamina.

Swimming drains stamina at a relatively slow pace, but at enough of a speed to warrant the usage of boats and other amphibious vehicles more often in its place. Some clothing can help lessen the intensity of the stamina drain, and even make traversing water overall easier.

Advanced maneuvers include rolling and sliding, which functions off a sprint’s current stamina drain.

• The parkour dive roll can act as a dive or vault over small obstacles instead of the standard jump, as a short evasive maneuver, or as a way to preemptively reduce fall damage.

• Sliding can also function as an evasive maneuver during combat to traverse cover, or as a way to slide through spaces that are normally only able to be crawled through while prone.

Vehicles that are propelled by the player would require stamina to function.

• Bicycles would use stamina. They could possibly only require it while pedaling at extreme speeds, and the max speed is capped at a lower number when not consuming stamina.

• Paddle boats, rowboats, peddle boats, etc., would use stamina to function. However, they would be more efficient than swimming. They could also instead only require stamina while moving at a faster speed, with a lower speed cap when not consuming stamina.

• Human-powered helicopters (HPH), or an Autogyro-HPH hybrid of some sort? Roughly the idea as other vehicles powered by the player, helping to restrict it as a very limited aircraft.

Holding the keybinds for Sprint + Down lets you slide down the ladder. Holding crouch while on the ladder allows free-looking, making it easier to interact with nearby objects.

What maneuvers would you like to see?

• Parkour rolls.
  • Sliding.
  • Stamina-powered vehicles.
  • Slow stamina drain required to swim (with useful aquatic vehicles, clothing, and other items).
  • Looking around while climbing ladders.
  • Sliding down ladders (instead of falling off and grabbing back on).
  • No stamina to jump.

0 voters

What maneuvers do you not want to exist?

• Parkour rolls.
  • Sliding.
  • Stamina-powered vehicles.
  • Slow stamina drain required to swim.
  • Looking around while climbing ladders.
  • Sliding down ladders.
  • No stamina to jump.

0 voters

10 Likes

I am a simple man, i see molton makes a post, i like.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.