No tanks/APCs in the vanilla game

UII should be survival based with PVP aspects later or second in priority, simply removing APCs tanks and other heavy military vehicles from the base vanilla game is a great idea in my opinion, and for any possible future PVP orientated server(s) they could just add an (likely official) addon to the game that would add said tanks and APCs

These vehicles should be optional to be added into the game’s future servers and i don’t want UII to turn into a second “PVP orientated game but with trash PVP” kind of game as how 3.0 mostly is now.

1 Like

yeah, i think they should be added for pvp oriented maps, not the base game

Why not, what is wrong with someone having a tank in vanilla. Next do you want to remove all weapons cause they can kill other people. Bro just have them for those luck people, like all other weapons.

1 Like

Tanks and apcs are almost impossible to destroy and kill the person inside, that’s why I said that it’s a great idea for no rank or apc. Now I do understand many people like the tank because it can raid bases but tbh I don’t think that godmode machine can be in the game

1 Like

It really isn’t op. Not being able to kill the person inside is a feature.
That’s the point, and yeah it means the person outside can’t kill them but that’s ok because it’s still not op. If it spawned like canned beans it would be, if it was rare it wouldn’t be.

1 Like

I don’t think a tank is this op, if in UII we have an in depth repair system then the tank (as well as other armored vehicles) are not op . A tank requires a huge ammount of ressources an repairs to be operable.

Tanks and apcs are almost impossible to destroy and kill the person inside

It could be indeed true but why destroy it completely when you can simply use some explosives to blow a track ? Now the tank is vulnerable and their ocupants have quite the problem now, if they go out they die.

3 Likes

You really do have a Minecraft profile pic in an Unturned forum

1 Like

i read all your posts and replies in bunta fujiwara’s voice

1 Like

Actually you can kill a perso inside a tank/apc, by opening the hatch (if its a versipn with a hatch if not “by opening a door”) and trowing a nade in it and it will kill all ppl inside it, but no damage the tank so much :thinking: or throw a molotow in the vents :smiley: thats how we finnish people beat the russian tanks :grin:

But jeh seriously it is possible so the gank or apc isnt that op if you get on it, its more like an deathtrap then cuz you cant see them if you dont stick your head out and look around :laughing: wich also would let them shoot you/slice your throat :grin:

3 Likes

This Is not halo XD

Personally I do not see Tanks and APCs as OP vehicles, for example, stopping them can be a relatively easy task is just to make a mine, when one of them goes over it, blowing it up and breaking its wake, thus forcing the players of your inside to go out and fix it, at that moment they would be vulnerable, “- What if they did not leave?”, Simple, throw a Molotov in your engine and it would be on fire, players would have to leave him to put out the fire, and then they will be again vulnerable. I believe that a prolonged fire could consume the entire tank or even detonate the ammunition inside it (I hope to reload his cannon, it would be necessary for the ammunition to be in the tank’s inventory).

Well now I don’t since you can’t switch seating like in unturned 3 so if you kill the driver the gunner is done for

1 Like

I think the tanks should have more than two crew members, for example 4: The commander, the driver, the recharger and the gunner.
Soon, if the driver left the tank to fix the track and by chance he died, the tank would be without driver and unable to move.
It would be smarter if the commander or the gunner left, because without the commander, the gunner can still reload, more slowly and without the gunner the commander can take his post.

2 Likes

Do u mean the loader. Also most russian tanks have an autoloader and only need 3 people.

1 Like

Tanks are not immune to gunfire

Not every square inch of a tank is arnoured, infantry shoot at the view ports, vents, etc and the ricochet inside is almost unsurvivable, tanks are precious and aren’t just ploughed head first into enemy infantry and/or tanks like in movies.

2 Likes

Yes :smiley: throwba molotv in a vent and boom frie the crew inside the tank and stel it :smiley:

It’s not 1945 anymore

2 Likes

Modern tanks have thermal imaging and all sorts so if we’re talking tanks in unturned II it better be 1945

Just make tanks require a full crew of 4-5 men (i understand modern ones should be automated but still) and add weakpoints.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t a military vehicle be found at a military base. You’re making no sense tbh