No tanks/APCs in the vanilla game

I know it’s not 1945 anymore it’s 2019… what do you think of me you friking eyemat :smiley: I’? Not 100% stupid :smiley: just 85% :smiley:

No but seriously… molotov in the vent and weee fried human :smiley:

Because in a zombie apocalypse, the military would use tanks/heavy vehicles to combat zombies with, where they are needed.

They wouldn’t deploy everything you know.

Tanks while being extremely powerfull would also have a lot of flaws , especially in a post-apocalyptic world .
First , it does consume a lot of fuel , so much than most of thoses would need a whole group to supply it .
Secondly, crew , an average tank recquire a huge crew made of 3-4 members , if you lack even 1 of thoses, you lose all efficiency and that slow all . If the tank is modern , the lack of updated software and old electric systems would literally make it ineficient without serious engineering .
Tracks could also be broken easily, enough to immobilise the tank and recquire the crew to repair it as well as some time .
Tanks would also be weak toward IED , mortar and rockets , a well aimed one would instantly disable the tank . Firing a rocket in the hatch would kill everyone as well .
In a 2019 apocalypse , tanks would be deployed , and it wouldn’t make any sense if all were destroyed or disappeared . Modern tanks would be an achievement only big groups could restore .
A rocket in the vent and you destroy the tank .
Tanks could also be unique in the sense that unlike cars, they wouldn’t be able to be repaired . If you disable eg. The gun , it is disabled forever .
Many ideas can keep the tank a powerfull weapon but also keep it reasonable .
As it was said , breaking the track , and then burning the engine would disable the tank . Sabotaging the autoloader on modern tanks would also disable them .
And since today , most tanks rely on camera and sensors , a well aimed bullets could also disable it .

Can I just add that almost all tanks whit a turret have atleast one coaxial machine gun next to the main gun? Thanks.

that would be even more op, because the thing could fire a machine gun as well as tank shells

1 Like

I mean there is a reason that it has one in real life. Unless the cannon in u2 (If a tank was added) is somewhat useful against guys outside a vehicle it will be just as useless as a u3.0 tank. And cmon, It’s a tank dude. Even the u3.0 tank has an mg on the roof that is not functional. A tank should be more effective then a slightly armored thing whit wheels and a light mg.

1 Like

There are also automatic rocket launchers in real life, and nuclear weapons. Does that mean they should be added into a survival game? No.

It’s not a automatic rocket launcher or a nuclear weapon. It’s a machine gun fitted to a coaxial mount as a secondary weapon mounted parallel beside a vehicle’s main weapon which allows the machine gun to be aimed by use of the main gun control.

It’s a standard thing on tanks and machine guns already exists in unturned. plus turrets having a fixed rotating speed could be a thing, which would means you could easily flank or go around it. I would personaly love to see a realistic interior whit optics and closable viewports making it claustrofobic and that requires at minimun 2 players “considering time to change seats if you play solo”. It doesn’t even have to be a extremly good or accurate one. all of these trade offs just to be small-arms proof and have a coaxial mg (You could probaly simplify what I’m asking for). just because something that used to be quite useless is better or slightly more useful then it used to compared to u3.0 does not mean it’s op.

Fun fact: The amx-30 had a 20mm auto cannon as a coaxial,
and the american t-29 had 2 50cal machine guns.

1 Like

But why would you need the machine gun when you have the autocannon? If you found the tank and had a team of 3 people, everyone would be screwed.

There should be a mounting point for a light machine gun, so you could mount guns on there (same with vehicles like jeeps, GAZ trucks, helicopters on the doors, etc).

If they do have guns on them, I reckon when you’re sitting at the gun it’s hard to aim the gun, and it takes a while to move it, if you know what I mean (it doesn’t just follow the crosshair instantly, and aiming it is very slow and clunky).

Also you should be sitting outside the turret, and vulnerable to regular gunfire.

I mean everything seems good exept that you should be able to peak or stay inside the tank for better/worse visibility and protection. From the inside you should have a gunner sight and a few low fow-view optics placed on the roof that could be destroyed by any small arm(could work differently whit vehicles that has an open roof. And a coaxial mg still doesn’t seem like a problem to have since it would be difficult to aim it along whit the cannon (If it’s more like an ifv it doesn’t need a coaxial since the auto cannon is more then good enough). And of course the mg mount on the roof will be there, which should be easier to aim due to better visibility and that it’s literly just on a little mount and not fixed in place on a gun mantle.

And the about the begining whit your post, everyone seems to agree that tanks will require alot of maintinence, to get it fixed up to begin whit and will drink lots of fuel. And the ammo will be a hard thing to get alot of aswell. So everyone in the server would not be instantly screwed plus u2 should have bigger map sizes.

2 Likes

@anon42100029 Again, there’s no problem with people being able to obtain higher tier loot than other players. A tank isn’t that OP. Think about it: It’s slow, only seats 2 people, and the ammo for it is quite rare. It is armored which is good for protection, but it can be easily destroyed by a high caliber weapon like a dragonfang etc. There aren’t unstoppable. APC are just a good vehicle for transportation but can also be destroyed. It doesn’t have a weapon, it carries a lot of players and can be driven on land and floats in the water. But its not unstoppable either. It sounds to me you may be a little butt-hurt from getting rekted by a team or person with these vehicles tbh

2 Likes

not really, it just seems that they are kinda dumb for the survival game that UII aims to be.

I don’t think that you should be able to stay inside the tank and fire the MG. You should only be able to sit on the top of the turret.

Just make a tank a means to survive, i.e, an enemy that guards something that is very difficult to kill and a tank is an effective way to kill it. If there is a way to counter it from most “tiers” (just run away if you have civil stuff as tanks have problems navigating tight things, or mines/rockets others have mentioned) it’s not super easy to get/maintain (all the ammo/gas stuff people have been talking about) and it has something that can go up against it in a fair matchup from a PvE standpoint, it’s not really op

1 Like

A tank doesn’t damage the game’s design in anyway, especially if it’s simply an armored vehicle with a armor-piercing cannon only.

A light armor military car with a machine gun is more OP than that when it comes to combat.

2 Likes

i guess tanks could be added but hard to drive, slow, and can be stopped by jamming the tracks or using mines.

They should be smaller, like the Scimitar, or the FV101 Scorpion.

Not a big-ass chunky Abrams looking thing.

Machine guns should not be on the tank, at all. Perhaps mounts for handheld LMGs could be on the top (same as APCs, jeeps, and some other cars).

2 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t think there should be just one kind of tank, smaller and lighter armored tanks should be faster, the big and hevily armored ones should be slower.
And Nelson has said that he will include tanks and apcs in the game, he confirmed that in Zoom_B’s latest live interview

3 Likes

Oh no. I found a group of three late game people. Well I have a hunting rifle and cause everything is balanced I can kill them… oh wait I died. Having a tank or not wouldn’t do anything to that three man group they are already a challenge for people, a tank with rare ammo is just an option.