Their shouldnt be a 3rd person

im talking about the 2nd. Sneaking was invented for a reason. but if your talking about range, then you need scope out the area, Move into the designated area, Scope the outsides, and if theirs a player, kill them and move in.

How can he see all 4 sides of the dumpster? thats breaking the laws of physics XD

anyways, if you dont know where he is, you can make a estimated guess based on where hes not shooting you at. SOooooo you can make a pretty accurate guess based on the general direction the shots came from. Then you can peek for a split second to try and get him to shoto while you use 3rd person, then bam, you know where he is.

Easy as pie.

Another example at the top of my head would also be,

Shootout.
1 person behind tree
Another person behind a tree aswell.

First person.
You have to constantly peek, exposing yourself, risking death, to see if the enemy will move to change position and flank you.

Or you can move position when the enemy isnt peeking, you will be safe for a short amout of time because he DOESNT see you.

Thirdperson

No point in peeking.
Cant change position when “enemy isnt looking” because enemy is always looking and will instantly shoot you. Basically you stand behind a tree all the time.

Once again, you guys are ignoring the way people will act. Eventually someone will get bored, and try to do something. thats the exact way it works in real life.

theirs also pop shooting which is Shooting then quickly ducking under and repeat this

A dumpster has 6 sides and I said he can see 3 sides, except the fourth one youre hiding behind.
You know he took shots from the fourth floor of the blue building window, but that doesnt help knowing that the enemy can move and easily exit the building. Or he can stay and stare you down in third person and prefire you as soon as you think he might have moved.

And I dont think having to purpusfully expose yourself just to bait someone to peek is good gameplay mechanics.

In first person this wouldnt be necessary as both people would be peeking to achieve progress and stay alive, making a more consistant gunfight

But why would you shoot for no reason if you see the window is empty.

In real life, you dont have invisible and invincible eyes strapped to a stick behind your back. In real life if you werent to check that tree long enough and stayed in your position, the enemy would approach you from a much stronger angle and practically flank you.

so you are including the top… mkay

If you dont know where someone is, its alright.

People can still peak. Also, dont forget that even in thrid person, you still have to expose yourself to fire, you cant shoot while behind the wall.

Also, creating progress only when some person is bored isnt a good mechanic aswell.

You dont peek in third person. You prefire when you see the enemy. You maybe expose yourself for less than a second because you already know where to fire.

May I remind you that I actually lectured you once on how 3rd person was actually broken? Looks like it’s time to refresh your memory:

tl;dr it’s unbalanced and unfair af and doesn’t reward skill at all

Believe me, at most, people will sit there for 1-2 minutes before someone makes the move, at least? 5 seconds.

Yes, it is op ont he fact that you can see around corners, but in the actual gunfight, it isnt.

Well seeing around corners isnt a small thing. Its very crutial for survival. And in my previous points i tried to explain how it effects gunfights

But that’s not the problem.

I don’t know how many times we’ll have to reiterate, but 3rd person doesn’t need to be OP in just the gunfight to be unbalanced overall. I’d also like to point out that the person who spots first in any combat situation has the immediate and vast advantage, and this is even more important than gaining an upper hand in the gunfight itself.

A) I wasn’t even talking to you…?
B) I was agreeing that 3rd person is broken, I don’t even know whose side you’re on anymore

You guys talk about it being unbalanced, but you guys want to remove in entirely, not just rebalance it. So yeah

No shit.

It’s just a horrible addition to the game for anything other than cinematic or admin purposes. Removing it would be the best option by far, and I have yet to see an actual solution that is better. (An exception can be made regarding vehicles, since that’s just quality of life)

Oh lord it’s Harvest

clearly you didn’t pay attention to who you were replying to

I was responding to AJ aswell but we said the same thing. I think that might have been confusing

Oh I see. I clicked respond to you instead of AJ, my mistake.