U4 hype is going down

I think U4 hype is dying (in this Unturned-lovers forum there are only 3 topic of U4 a week) mainly because of the pause we see on Trello and with the lack of work on U4.
We cant let the hype die so i think nelson should work with full power on U4… without working on U3 at all.
Let me know if you guys think like me too :wink:

10 Likes

It is best we wait for a devlog rather than posting random stuff about Unturned II that wont get anywhere.

13 Likes

Hype dies with everything. It’s inevitable.

It happens with just about every game, it doesn’t contribute anything to the actual release and reception of the game.

5 Likes

My hype for Unturned II already died 2 years ago ;(

5 Likes

2 Likes

I don’t know how people are whit this hype thing but for me when I see something for the first time and get really excited about a game, film, etc i just can’t wait to play it. but what i hate about it they announcing the games fims when it’s not even done or we have to wait so much time till it comes out(which is needed for creating something that you want to provide a new experience whit) , and the problem whit that
everyone just gives up about it cuz there some much expectations and the waiting makes it worst so the people just give up on it but trust me who saw the game film they still going to play it sooner or later and i do agree but im still watching the forums the road ramps every day.

2 Likes

I’ve managed to more or less maintain the same elevated level of hype I’ve had for UII upon that of the initial announcements.

Why? Well, because Nelson clearly makes a good effort to communicate as much as he can on its development, which is more than I can say for most game devs.

In addition to this, Nelson tries to involve the community quite heavily in this process, both conceptually and practically - and in the end, I have faith that the end product will be well worth the wait. He’s already demonstrated being more than capable of creating a genuinely fun game, and I may be just speaking for myself here, but I’m prepared to wait years for a good release.

As for UII community wise, to say it’s dying isn’t very accurate, I feel. More like taking a temporary hiatus while waiting for news to arise.

9 Likes

I have never had a “Hype” exactly, especially knowing that the game was at such an early stage that I don’t even know it could be called playable;
Of course I am excited to hear that it is developing even slowly.

Guys the real question was should nelson work just on u4 or do both 3 and 4
I say it because even the u4 close beta looks super far

He’s already doing UII as priority. It’s just that he pools a portion of his time on Unturned for any fixes or improvements + any curated map release so he could stabilize the current community. Can’t have any more viewership or followers if there’s no one to back you up previously.

I’m still looking forward for the new game. Not because it’s coming any sooner or something, but just to show some support for the development.

2 Likes

anything but the hype…

Somewhat like what @SteveTheRealOne said, for most people there will probably be a bunch of hype when they first hear about something they think is interesting. Its natural for that hype to go down over time though. Not many people will keep the same level of excitement after they’ve known about something for a while, especially if another new thing is being talked about.

Kinda a bit sad but that’s what happens with everygame its like the movies a new star wars film
get’s announced and comes out next year thats just expectable when you reveal your game so early.

Theres only so much you can create/suggest when the game is in its infant state. So I agree.
Also, tasteful demon-girl pics. +1

I’m still semi-hyped for Unturned II. It’s just I’m more willing to wait for a good game rather than a hyped game that gets rushed out and is highly buggy. I don’t want what happend to ATLAS to happen to Unturned II.

I actually agree with this. I just totally forgot about it. Probably because I was tired of waiting for news about it, or maybe to get a nice surprise when it actually comes out.

Right now I’d argue that I’m even more hyped for UII then I was when it was first announced, especially after video calling a good friend of mine (who has seen lots of footage of 3.0 but never played it) and giving him a glimpse into what’s been done so far and discussing some upcoming features.

I believe Nelson could be a lot more transparent with the community by regularly updating the Trello for features in progress or being planned out soon so that our suggestions could be better targeted towards things he’s currently in the process of implementing. Dev Streams on Twitch would also be cool to see, being able to tune in and watch Nelson actively working on features.

1 Like

It’s normal, for sure hype will come back when the game is near its initial release.

2 Likes

The time preference of the fans has an effect whether a game can be good or bad. If it’s low it’ll be likely to be a better game. If it’s high it’ll likely be a bad game due to it being rushed. It’s normal for hyped games.

Honestly if Nelson invests in advertising I think it will be ok. Also, remember that the Bulk of players have less than 1000 hours and have probably never heard of U4. I only heard of U4 in August, when I had 1400 hours…