Vehicle Armour System

I really dislike the current way the vehicle health/armour system works. and thinking of all the vehicle realism being added and other this would be cool and useful to have.

I’d love to see a system working with a more dynamic armour system but still have health, It doesn’t have to be a very dynamic system working with angles,velocity or type of armour. But rather be working with certain bullets have a armour penetration value and a vehicles armour value, and vehicles have certain area’s of higher armour. So the vehicles only get damaged when their armour is penetrated
This would also make diffrent types of ammo possible like Armour piercing,Incendiary,Explosive,Tracer

For example:
A normal Hatchback has 1-3 mm of armour and will be damaged by guns but not arrows because the arrows lack the sufficient amount of penetration, but a 9mm will damage the vehicle since it penetrates the armour.

Addition by @MR the vehicle itself doesn’t take damage but the body/parts, but if you hit a critical part for the vehicles function like the Engine/gastank would take damage tot that part and affect the peformance and maybe break the vehicle and make the Engine stop, gastank leak.

Please give me feedback on this idea whether you like it or not or to refine this suggestion a bit more

I will continiue to expand this post i i get anymore idea’s on this topic or if an useful reply gets submitted

5 Likes

I agree, but also that the vehicle itself doesnt take damage but the body, but if you hit a critical part for the vehicles funktion like the Engine/gastank something like that it would take damage tot hat part and affekt the preformance and mabye break the vehicle and make the Engine stop, gastank leak and so on

4 Likes

Ahh yes thats a nice addition so the vehicles are in parts and individual parts can get damaged.
but a vehicle can never get blown up or is there a critical point at where the vehicle is permanently destroyed?

2 Likes

I Think that the vehicle could explode, but not very easily, for example only when you drive over some goddamn bombs and it explodes and all, if you get shot with an rocketlaunsher or tank… you know, or a Little more detailed, like from the mad max game, if you gastank gets blown up if someone shoots with a powerful enough gun at your gastank ( Think armor should be upgradable and so on. doing a post about it… gastanks could have thicker metals and so on to protect them more and they aare often beneath the vehicle and so… ) gastanks wouldnt Always explode, they could sometimes just start to leak or leak and burn… but if they somehow sometime explode it wouldn blow up the vehicle and make it unrepairable, it would do burndamage to you and some metal pieces might fly at you, but you could survive and you could extinquis your vehicle and repair it…
I might have left something unclear by mistake, sorry about that if i did that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Upgradeable armour like Makeshift addon armour and such

2 Likes

I think it would be great if the vehicles had modules, such as engine, fuel tank and battery, and they did not have a life bar.

Basically each module of the vehicle would have three stages of damage:
Stage 1: No damage: module works completely well.
Stage 2: Slightly damaged: The module operates at only 50% capacity.
Stage 3: Critically Damaged: The module does not work.

Then, if the vehicle has tripped in the fuel tank and caught fire, the fire would damage the other modules to critical stages and if all main modules are critically damaged and the vehicle will be lost, unless the fire is extinguished by a fire extinguisher. fire or something.

The vehicles would not have to have all parts of a real car, but only the most important ones, like the engine, the fuel tank and the brake system, for example.

3 Likes

There should be bullet holes where the civilian vehicles are struck and bumps where the bullets hit on the military type, same goes for the plane, but also if you are able to destroy the propellers then it does not blow up but instead starts going down

1 Like

yes indeed but there could be also more damage stages

2 Likes

Maybe the parts will have a health system

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.