What I like best about Unturned and what I hope to see in 4.x

Open ended, zombie apocalypse survival. The PVE mode of unturned is 99% of the way there and is very enjoyable. I love the survival aspect of the game and the almost simulation like treatment of how to get along in this scenario.

I also enjoy PvP. In unturned PvP can be fun and engaging but…PvP and PvE don’t seem to see eye to eye. I would luv to see a mode that is all of the survival game of PvE with the added danger of lethal human encounters…but the problem here becomes obvious. Give players the baility to kill each other and it only takes a small handful of players on a server to end the survival aspect of the game and devolve it into an FPS where the map and zombies are merely obstacles to senslessly killing each other on site over and over again.

What I’d like to see in 4.x is a true fusion of the two. This would play as a survival mode of the game where players can kill each other as well but player on player violence does not become the point of the game. One possibility would be to have a game mode that mimics real li kfe more closely by reducing the incentives for player on player killing. In a real life scenario the reason people cooperate instead of going solo or worst, targeting other humans as a resource node, is that death is final. If you get killed raiding a place or robbing a person…you don’t get to come back. if you make enemies and they hunt you down and kill you, it’s all over.

So, a new mode. It plays out over a fixed time (a week? a month?). No respawn. Death is permanent until the server/map resets. Perhaps trees and certain resources don’t come back (which is both an incentive to work in groups as well as an incentive to take/protect reasources). The point is to survive, alone or with a group, in peace if you can and if you can’t, violence is still an option, but one with an intimidating risk vs reward scale. What else is needed to keep this game mode from devolving into Call of Duty with zombies on the map?

1 Like

but, what about the dicks who find a gun, kill everyone, and they are the last person alive? For a month?

1 Like

Nelson has already said 4.0 will be far more PvE-centric than 3.0, so it’s not accurate for you to be making assumptions based off of how 3.0 was like

1 Like

Basically with that logic, the first person to go to the military base will own the entire server. You’re not reducing PvP with this suggestiong. You’re simply making less people play. 4.0 will have its way of pushing the player to focus on their own health than killing people for loot

1 Like

there will always be those people… I have first-hand experience…

Honestly as a PVPer it would be hilarious to have that gamemode. It definitely wouldn’t fix the problem with PVE but at least those dang kids would stop bum rushing me.

I think he means a sort of gamemode, take that minecraft minigame thing called ultra hardcore or something… I dunno if im saying it right but yeah. And yes i did just mention minecraft, hate me all you want

But minecraft doesn’t have pistols, cars, ARs, Sniper rifles and shotguns. All of which can kill you in 1 second or less
That’s why it wouldn’t work for Unturned.

I’m not gonna hate you for saying MC. I will skin you alive tho

Xd yeah I knew you would, BUT YOULL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!!

gets on a bicycle and starts peddaling after you

Aj_Gaming Gets out his “usmc spedboi” character and starts playing the sanic theme.

1 Like

Aha but I have boosters on meh shoes!!!

KingFrog, Llamaturkey, Kylie, and those who are contributing to the discussion,

All good points. So what’s the solution? How could 4.0 maintain the survival aspects of thegame and allow for player on player violence?

Tweak gun rarities and make zombies more difficult.

2 Likes

Been meaning to write up an idea on how raiding could work, where there is notifications before raids happen and such. That might help a bit with the PVP aspect. When I feel a bit better I will make a post.

That’s kinda redundant and unrealistic.

If someone is raiding you, why would you get auto-notified about it?

Kinda more of a waiting period before either side can raid each other. Its still in the works but I got the general idea down. And in terms of realism this is definitely going to be a gameplay over realism kind of scenario.

Well, yes, but you have provided no purpose of practicality for this.

It seems like an unnecessary and unreasonable feature to add. Besides, 4.0 is supposed to be a lot more realistic anyhow.

GreatHeroJ,

What would you do to make player on player violence more realistic? A zombie apocalypse would no doubt involve people turning on people. That’s the discussion here. I’d love to read a post from you that’s constructive to the topic.