Darker Nights

To put it simply, unturned at night time is way to lit up, Even with a ton of stuff I used, the night is still way too light.

Now I think it should be much darker. As in you need a flashlight too see at night because its too dark, and you should be able to see lights from really far away during the night, like if someone lights a campfire out in the open on a mountain far away, you can see it for quite a distance. Heres an example of a Fallout 4 mod that shows how much darker it can get with this mod.
download
Yes it doesn’t look that dark int he image but it gets really dark in game after this. Plus if we did this flashlights would become less obsolete. Also heres another suggestion, we should be able to hold torches and flares to create light instead of only being able to throw them/place them. It would also be good to have a flickering affect with fire light sources. So yeah.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure 2.0 was extremely dark. When I was watched videos on it was just a black screen until someone brought out a flashlight. RN people are like, oh i need ma green eyeball lights (nvgs) and all it does is give away your position.

Yeah I know it ruins Youtube videos, but I want unturned to have a more creepy feel to it xd

I think a Rust level of light is good.

Nights in Rust are super dark until the moon is fully out, but it’s still really dark.

6 Likes

Agreed, that looks better and more realistic, cause you can see when theres a full moon or a mostly full moon, but otherwise its pitch black.

Hey also, NVGS don’t really give off light irl, so idek why that is a feature.

True. NVGs have a weird tint on them, but they don’t emit a glow like in Unturned. I understand balance wise that Nelson would implement that though, especially remembering how they used to be on 100% of the time you wore them.

In 4.0, hopefully NVG doesn’t glow anymore, but in return they would behave more realistically, plus light sources would blind you.

1 Like

Unturned 2 was way darker than in 3.

I have a BenQ Monitor and a built-in feature which calles “Black Equilizer”. This feature lights up all black pixels which leads me to have a “wallhack” at night basically. I see everything clear and I never play with Nightvisions anymore.

YOU MONSTER!!! jk just kidding :smiley:

I like the idea of darker nights, would encourage the use of flashlights/light sources as well as making the zombies a bigger threat as you will not be able to see them as easily.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be nice if I wasn’t able to see a medic tent from a mile away. +1

1 Like

I hope that NVGs will give the player tunnel vision. Its a better way to make then not too overpowered and remove the glow.

3 Likes

“The Forest” darkness is really good as well. Would really force the player to make multiple light sources such as a standing like or a hanging light

1 Like

Darker night is nice. I wish that torches can be used while in your hands.

1 Like

Yeah, imagine walking around a house and a zombie jumps out and jumpscares ya xd

agreed, nights must be extremely dark because:

1. its extremely dark in real life so it will give the game some realism.
  2. its boring to see everything at night, whats the point of it then?
  3. it will give the game some atmosphere, sadness, apocalyptic feeling
    YES for the darker nights!
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.